Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Official Announcement!! Dates Set! - Page 2

Thread: Official Announcement!! Dates Set!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Official Announcement!! Dates Set! 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Billy - GSSW is an event to celebrate the Grand Cherokee (and the owners that actually take them on trails), it's not a JEEP event. And if it WERE a JEEP event and your friend had an Exploder, you'd probably be mad that it was a Jeep event and not a general wheeling event.

Most of us welcome mixed-rig wheeling, it's just that a couple times a year we like to get together with just Grand Cherokees.

2. #27 Re: Official Announcement!! Dates Set! 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner Pitch's Avatar
    I think Z hit the nail on the head. All year long most of us wheel with CJ's, TJ's, XJ's, Toyotas, Zuks, etc... We do so willingly, look forward to it, and enjoy sharing the trails with anyone and everyone who is a friendly, responsible wheeler. These events (Grand Slams) were specifically created to offer Grand Cherokee owners (with our own "unique" issues) a chance to bond together, talk shop, etc. These events are a 1 or 2x/year event if we are lucky. The other 360+ days per year, we wheel with anyone!

So, like was said in my earlier post, we welcome any fellow wheelers to attend, but to officially be part of the event, the vehicle MUST be registered as a Grand Cherokee.

Every year there is someone who asks if they can bring another rig along, and out of fairness, the answer is still a respectful NO. There are certainly other trail options available in the area for other non-GC's to enjoy, yet still hang out with their friends later in the day.
    Toyota FJ80, lifted, locked, slow
    Sold: 01 WJ, 93 YJ, 86 CJ7

3. #28 Re: Official Announcement!! Dates Set! 
    pitch i understand and i have posted my public apology at this link
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...014#post373014

4. #29 Re: Official Announcement!! Dates Set! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    GSSW Planner
    Never mind, thanks for the great attitude! Hopefully we'll see you there
    2004 WJ 60\14b ARB\lockrite 37" Nitto mud grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideTireZJ View Post
    If there's one thing I like more than Moab and Grand Cherokees, it's a little boy on boy action.

5. #30 Re: Official Announcement!! Dates Set! 
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheDentist View Post
    Never mind, thanks for the great attitude! Hopefully we'll see you there
    May I chime in here Probally adding fuel to a fire... YEARS ago I was invited to go wheeling with the Mall crawlers GSSW out Table Mesa (not sure wut year it was) I wheel in a Cherokee not a Grand Cherokee.... & yes I own a WJ .The person may I say persons hassel me on going.. I showed up no big deal Last year I showed up again to the GSSW in Sedona WITH MY Cherokee at first I had some looks from so folks but NO BIG DEAL I am here to have some fun.. Met some really nice folks from around the state & even out of state I even ran in to Jeepers that I havent seen in years..Both me & my wife had a awesome time as always out wheeling in Sedona.. now it is Saturday night time for the raffel Knowing I did not wheel in a (Grand Cherokee) I choose not to participate in the raffel I was even asked WHY I replied back I am a out cast & I was only invited
    If you do go & this goes to everyone take & extra trash bag with you & make sure you stop & pick up some trash along the way I hate seeing trash along our trails
    =
    Mr Dentist I read you have a ZJ buggy for sale If it is up to par maybe I will leave the Cherokee at home
    PM sent

6. #31 Re: Official Announcement!! Dates Set! 
    95 ZJ/ 5.2 / HD Dana 44 front / 14b rear / 5.5" CLAYTONS / 38'' Grooved TSL's / CLAYTONS belly skid / NP231 w/sye

7. #32 Re: Official Announcement!! Dates Set! 
    any kind of meet and greet scheduled any day like last year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information