Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dirty's Heeps - Page 6

Thread: Dirty's Heeps

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. #126 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    My plans are similar. maybe a darker green.

Odd to see a new wrangler with leafs?

2. #127 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    My plans are similar. maybe a darker green.

Odd to see a new wrangler with leafs?
    They had too, it's got a d60 and a much inproved gross vehicle wieght capacity. It's designed to be a non-combat support vehicle...ie; troop carrier, truck, ambulance...etc. It's tough to maintain a decent ride unloaded, while still being able to handle uber loads with coils...thats why you still see a lot of leafs on new bigger trucks.

I agree about the color though, it's more the concept that I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I have a year round cougar permit. Cougars are always in season.
    '93/6"-Custom 3link & Tri-4link Long Arm/4.6L Stroker/AW4/np231/HP30/D44/Detrioted-4.88s/35s/murdered out wood grain playa...

3. #128 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    Just for the record, Tom Woods kicks ass. Driveshaft ordered on Monday, Delivered on Friday...absolutely perfect. Thats is all.

Other than that, everything is very nice. After rebuilt axles(bearings and such), rebuilt front DS, custom rear DS, new 231 t-case with SYE, and new yolks...I have absolutely no vibrations. It's amazing. Thanks Nate for the knuckles, ShortyZJ for the t-case, and everyone else for all your help.
    '93/6"-Custom 3link & Tri-4link Long Arm/4.6L Stroker/AW4/np231/HP30/D44/Detrioted-4.88s/35s/murdered out wood grain playa...

4. #129 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty View Post
    Haha, no, not me. I got it mostly put back together on Sunday...and thats just front wheel drive. No way in hell I would test drive down Kellogg with front wheel drive only, locked, no sway bar, and no steering stabilizer, lol. I live at 11th & Meridian...took it to QT at 13th & West, then home early Sunday morning.

The good news....that means there are three of us 'tards with lifted unibody Heeps in the Dub-K (translation for the rest of you=Wichita).

Thanks, I'm still debating them. I got bored one day waiting on other, more expensive parts. They will look much better in my opinion later on down the road. This Heep is my inspiration...

I love the way it looks. I was actually at a Army Surplus in Dodge City today scoping out "Duece and a Half" bumpers and tow points that I could cut down to fit. My idea is to build that same bumper, in all it's simplicity, except in the middle have it taper down and flatten out to house my winch. The rear would be almost identical to the one pictured though. I have "wood" for military things, guess that could be expected after spending 6 years surrounded by the stuff, lol.

EDIT: It's the J8 Sarge, built by Mopar Undergound, roughly based off actual J8 due for commision by the Egyption Army, from what I understand.
    http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/fe..._j8/index.html
    2 questions: When and Where can I get one!! Looks bad ass to me....
    93' ZJ, 4.0L, 3" lift, 31's.. SOLD.
    New Ride- 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4, 4.0L, 5-Speed, 4x4.
    NEW JOB!!!!! NEW BABY!!!!
    Now considering another XJ/WJ/ZJ purchase as a baby mover- No room in the Ranger.
    Leaning towards XJ, 99-01.....

5. #130 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Sorry man, had to post some of your pics on JU . . .

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=913971

6. #131 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
    Sorry man, had to post some of your pics on JU . . .

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=913971
    Nice! It happens, lol. Again, mine was an exercise in working to fast and around too many interuptions...not complete stupidity. That's my story anyways, lol.

7. #132 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    Ohhh Nooooo, someone on JU doesnt like your hood clamps, Ohhh Noooo. lol!
    '98 ZJ 5.9L Ltd
    UC Springs/.5" spacer/MX6 Shocks/SCT Tuned/BBK 52mm TB/K&N FIPK/Amsoil Filter/"Jeep" Valve Covers/Doug Thorley Headers/Random Technologies Cat/Magnaflow/"Kolak" Ignition/Optima Redtop/Lotek Dual Pillar Pod/AEM Tranny Temp Gauge/Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan/RB1 WJ Nav/Vancos/EU Headlights and Turn Signals/Turn Signal Mod/JKS Disconnects

Waiting to be installed
    M1/Insulated Fuel Rails/24lb FMS Injectors/Underdrive Crank Pulley/Walbro Fuel Pump/Prothane Bushings/Hotchkis Swaybars

8. #133 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    Quote Originally Posted by greengc4x4 View Post
    Ohhh Nooooo, someone on JU doesnt like your hood clamps, Ohhh Noooo. lol!
    Well, neither do I anymore, lol. Them shits broke!

The reason I used them is because I had them laying around, my tranny cooler was getting in the way of my hood latch holder thing...so one day I was trying to adjust it and that damn thing broke. So I yanked it all and tried to use the TJ latches...they help up good for about 2 months. Granted, it's real damn windy in Kansas...but they busted. looks like I will have to go with some hot rod hood pins.

9. #134 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    Dont get the cheap hood pins they will rust wherever they get scratched, I had some on my 5.0 and after a few months they looked horrible. Granted the hood was propped at least once a day but still. Also, where in regards to Wichita are you?
    93 ZJ Limited 4.0 AW4
    242 swap
    6.5" springs, JKS discos
    35" Baja Claws

10. #135 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    Quote Originally Posted by mike007 View Post
    Dont get the cheap hood pins they will rust wherever they get scratched, I had some on my 5.0 and after a few months they looked horrible. Granted the hood was propped at least once a day but still. Also, where in regards to Wichita are you?
    All I could find was cheap ones...oh well, I really give a rat's ass what they look like, lol, I mean honestly...look at the damn thing.

I was living on the West side of Wichita...but have recently moved for work. Now I'm located in the iconic old west nothing land that is Dodge City. It's ok though, got me three hours closer to the mountains and I get to work out of my home a lot more, so I'm pretty happy about it.

So theoretically, I have more time to work on the Heep and will actually get to wheel it some this year...if the damn price of Oil would go back up a little. If it stays where it's at I'm gonna have to pick up another job.

11. #136 Re: Dirty's Heeps 
    I love your white ZJ i have a white ZJ with a 2" BB and 31's with the 4.0 and 42re with shift kit and 18k cooler that I would love to stroke to a 4.7 or 4.9 even with a good 214/218 cam and use my 95 head port it and use LS1 valves and use my 95 intake manifold and port it too. What kind of numbers do you think I'd put out with this set-up with a header and full 2.5" exhaust. I was thinking 290-300 hp and a good 300 ft. lbs of tq. Cuz once the 5.5" lift goes on with the 33's the 4.0 is gonna start struggling to get me up hills in OD even with a 4.56 gear swap. So a stroker is defineately a viable option for me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Thread Information