Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Dirty's Heeps

Thread: Dirty's Heeps

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. #1 Dirty's Heeps 
    Hey all, eat shit.

This one is my DD playing in a river. Nothing special, '97/4I/42re/242/2" BB/31x10.5s/CD-DVD-NAV-XM-AMP-Sub/200k miles...etc.

Don't have many pictures with me tonight...but you have all seen a stock ZJ with a BB and 31s, lol.

All hail the BB flexology!

This is by no means "hardcore," but I like music...a lot... and I thought a few of you might find a use for this. It's a Q-Logic 10" sub enclosure that fits in that stupid hole with the net on the right side. It's a 10", so no one is gonna think you are "riding dirty." But with a small space sub it's pretty nice for those of you into that sort of thing. Good use of space if you must have your "bumps" lol.

End daily driver, start weekend warrior....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

This is my new project. Needs tons of TLC, but we are getting there...her and I. '93/4I/AW4/242/ 7" RockCrawlerish-Longarms/35x12.5s/'87 XJ HP d30 Aussied/'87 XJ d44 Detrioted/Kor Trackbar/JKS Discos/Kor sliders/factory skids/winch/rack/many-lights/240k???...etc.

I know this is a poser pic...but shit..I'm in Kansas, there are no ****ing rocks. She has been to Moab 3 times, did well on 33x10.5s, carefull driver, no trailer. Loves riverbeds though.

Needs a lot of work before she is ready to properly wear these 35s...I'm not even gonna show you the other side, lol. Fender surgery begins this weekend.

Steering is jacked. One, it's factory 4l shit, two, it rubs track bar mount at near lock, and three it's way out of whack. Oddly enough..no bump steer or wobble to speak of and it goes straight. I do however have the axle rotated back too much...so I get vibes@75 mph. Meh... The shopping list is big, I'm open to flaming/suggestions on this mess...most of you all have been there done that. (Yes, I know about the CVs..that's a long story.)

Nothing to see here really, but I start in on the fenders soon so I figured I post up the last few virgin body shots. Clean for a '93 with +240,000...rock sliders, rock sliders, rock sliders...can't say it enough. Should be the first thing any of you do...right after that first BB...should be mandatory to buy sliders.

This steel shelf bolts down in the "bed." Pretty handy for holding a spare/axleshafts/highlift and some tools. Will keep that shit from bashing your head in should you flop. Keeping spare in here instead of the roof helps COG too. Camping gear is light...35s are heavy...put the camping gear on the roof.

PS: Love this forum (and the lack of PC)...been a guest here for well over a year, thanks.

~dirt
    Last edited by dirty; 08-17-2008 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I have a year round cougar permit. Cougars are always in season.
    '93/6"-Custom 3link & Tri-4link Long Arm/4.6L Stroker/AW4/np231/HP30/D44/Detrioted-4.88s/35s/murdered out wood grain playa...

2. #2 Re: The Twins 
    I like your speaker dealio...

haha where did you get it? need one for the dd zj
    95 ZJ/ 5.2 / HD Dana 44 front / 14b rear / 5.5" CLAYTONS / 38'' Grooved TSL's / CLAYTONS belly skid / NP231 w/sye

3. #3 Re: The Twins 
    I was all ready to flame you for having a 4" BB on your DD.

How is that winch mounted?

Kinda gay I know but the wheel weights ruin the look. Especially all 82 of them on the front passenger tire.

4. #4 Re: The Twins 
    Quote Originally Posted by zj95 View Post
    I like your speaker dealio...

haha where did you get it? need one for the dd zj
    Some clown off e-bay.

Last year someone tried to steal my '97 DD...who the fuck steals a '97 Grand? Anyways, after they ruined my weather stripping, broke the window, and mangled the ignition switch...they stole my sub & head unit. Fucking amatuers. Jokes on them though...my expensive 5 channel amp (underneath passenger rear seat, not even bolted down) was still there in the morning, lol. I insure everything, and I have a friend that works at a stealership...so long story short, I came out ahead on the whole deal and ended up getting a new sub, snazzy new box (pictured), and a GPS head unit. Bing blang!

Here is the link to Q-Logic.

http://www.qlogicenclosures.com/c-36...-cherokee.aspx

They are pricey...about $150-$175...but honestly IMO worth it. They make a sub possible without losing any space, and they are very stealth (same color as interior)....ie...assholes looking in your back window will not notice it unless they are very well acquanted with Grands.

I absolutely love the product. Now keep in mind...it's not gonna "BUMP" like a pair of big box twelves...but if cranked it can turn some heads. I put a Pioneer Premier small space sub in mine....rock out with your cock out!

PS: Premier is Pioneer's competition label...not the shit they sell at Wally-World. Don't be scared.
    Last edited by dirty; 09-15-2008 at 11:50 PM.
    '93/6"-Custom 3link & Tri-4link Long Arm/4.6L Stroker/AW4/np231/HP30/D44/Detrioted-4.88s/35s/murdered out wood grain playa...

5. #5 Re: The Twins 
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle95sr5 View Post
    I was all ready to flame you for having a 4" BB on your DD.

How is that winch mounted?

Kinda gay I know but the wheel weights ruin the look. Especially all 82 of them on the front passenger tire.

Lol...yea...that wheel or tire is fubar. In all honesty, it's the worst and should be in the back. But I'm not too worried because, frankly, I give a shit what it looks like, and, I'm getting new wheels in a week or two. Those steelies don't have enough backspacing for the tires I'm trying to run and the flex I'm able to get.

The winch is mounted on some stubby 1/4 inch (thick) box that was inserted and bolted into the "frame" area...just like a bumper. I hate the plastic, but nice bumpers are expensive...I'm looking into fabbing my own up. I just try to aviod big tall rocks, deer, and trees for now.

As for my DD, eat shit, the 2 inch BB is the most cost effective modification ever. It's amazing what a BB ZJ can get away with with a pair of 31s that a stocker on 28s could never hope to do. All the while being very gas/road friendly. (If that is possible with a jeep.)
    Last edited by dirty; 06-29-2008 at 09:58 PM.

6. #6 Re: The Twins 
    looks good!!

7. #7 Re: The Twins 
    Not a bad set of twins - very nice
    Nick
    03 WJ 4.7 242HD Kolak/IRO 5" Clayton LA's
    35" BFGoodrich KM2

sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
    www.carolinadriveline.com
    www.ironrockoffroad.com
    kolak@aol.com

8. #8 Re: The Twins 
    BANNED Lifetime Supporter CurtP's Avatar
    Thread title fail. When someone says the twins, I expect to see tits.

9. #9 Re: The Twins 
    I read twins and opened it looking for some nips!!!!
    "Matt"

10. #10 Re: The Twins 
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtP View Post
    that it what I was hoping for!
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

11. #11 Re: The Twins 
    Changed thread title. They are no longer twins.
    Last edited by dirty; 09-15-2008 at 11:51 PM.

12. #12 Re: The Twins 
    I like that sub box, looks clean as hell.
    1998 ZJ

13. #13 Re: The Twins 
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty View Post

As for my DD, eat shit, the 2 inch BB is the most cost effective modification ever. It's amazing what a BB ZJ can get away with with a pair of 31s that a stocker on 28s could never hope to do. All the while being very gas/road friendly. (If that is possible with a jeep.)

I'm not buying a fucking Miata to save gas.
    I was talking about a 4" BB because in your post the way you have your fraction set up it looks like 4" BB. I was doing a quick skim for the goodies and saw 4" BB and had a quick laugh.

14. #14 Re: The Twins 
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle95sr5 View Post
    I was talking about a 4" BB because in your post the way you have your fraction set up it looks like 4" BB. I was doing a quick skim for the goodies and saw 4" BB and had a quick laugh.
    I see what you are talking about now that I read it again, lol...I would have clowned me too!

It's wierd...I got the 2" BB of E-Gay...anyways, I measured the pucks before installation.....2.5 inches...ehhhh, go figure.

~dirt

15. #15 Re: The Twins 
    BANNED Lifetime Supporter CurtP's Avatar
    It appears that you're attempting to suppress your blatant homosexuality. It's ok - we don't mind that you like to play the one-holed meat flute and have hairy balls slapping you in the chin while you make gurgling noises with your throat. But one of these days you're going to have to man up and be the pitcher - it's not just a one-way street you know.

It may be a while before you get your chance with the Cock-Rock™ - I think you have to be recommended by other members first and you may have a difficult time taking it from Ron. The good news is he likes being on top...

16. #16 Re: The Twins 
    It appears that you're attempting to suppress your blatant homosexuality. It's ok - we don't mind that you like to play the one-holed meat flute and have hairy balls slapping you in the chin while you make gurgling noises with your throat. But one of these days you're going to have to man up and be the pitcher - it's not just a one-way street you know.

It may be a while before you get your chance with the Cock-Rock™ - I think you have to be recommended by other members first and you may have a difficult time taking it from Ron. The good news is he likes being on top...
    [sarcasm]

Very clever, thanks.

[/sacrasm]

17. #17 Re: The Twins 
    Well shit, the '93 (thats the tall one) has spun a main bearing on me. WTF! Only 250,000+ miles...hate those I6s.

As with anything Jeep, I'm not even mad really...time for an upgrade. As of now I'm digging through stroker kits. Looking at around 4.5L to 4.7L with fairly low compression (have my eyes set on a supercharger next year).

Before it starts, no I don't want a V8, yes I know they are more powerfull, yes I know that a stroker with a supercharger cost more than a 5.9...thankyou, your objections have been dually noted. To be honest, I'm just really fond of the little I6. Haven't owned one yet that didn't do 200,000 miles. Amazing motors.

During it's down time, I have managed to delete 90% of the plastic stuff, prepped the fenders for thier face lift, Rhino-lined the interior, gathered parts for my E-fan conversion, rebuilt front driveshaft, gathered new U-joint axle shafts, starting to get my steering all worked out, and picking up new wheels with better offset this weekend.

The last camping trip on the old engine...about 14 hours prior to destruction. Poor thing still drove me home 40 miles on the spun bearing, ~15lbs oil pressure.

Thought of Maxx when I noticed the box of Cheese-its that stowed away onboard. Seems Cheese crackers where a rare factory option from 93-96 model years.

(Anybody near Wichita wanna pull a motor with me?)
    Last edited by dirty; 06-17-2008 at 12:46 AM.

18. #18 Re: The Twins 
    Definately would, but I'm swamped this month and next...
    Good luck though! Is that cheney?

19. #19 Re: The Twins 
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad S View Post
    Definately would, but I'm swamped this month and next...
    Good luck though! Is that cheney?
    No problem...I6 are the easiest engines to yank...I'll be fine, lol. And yea...that is Cheney...terrible water that day.

20. #20 Re: The Twins 
    cheeez itssss
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

21. #21 Re: The Twins 
    Due to recent concerns about my 3 link front suspension I thought I'd post up some pics of the hack job . Pardon the wire/hose/dirt mess, Heepie is feeling ill right now.

Upper arm mount axle side. Just noticed my bushing is shot...great. HD trackbar highly recommended if you go 3 link. I would have killed a lesser track bar by now.

3rd link mount body side. It's hacked in there, but pretty well boxed into the frame box that holds the lower. I honestly don't know what the difference is between a 4 link and a 3 link other than the missing link...except that the single upper link is very beef and it's mount is the upper mount casted into the HP30.

Boxed frame/front lower arm mount. Ugly as hell, I know. It's been shot with spray paint and undercoating many times.

Boxed frame/rear lower arm mount...should have used one continuos box instead of a front and rear section, then I would almost have a frame instead of a unibody. The rocksliders do tie them in together pretty well though.

Triangulated Clayton style 4 link rear setup.

D44 truss. I'd really like to redo this, but if/when I kill these axles, I'll be stepping up to 60s.

No shoes or cheese crackers...it is a sad, sad day.

I included this pic so that someone could have another opportunity to give me some more negative "rep" for having "gay ricer lights" on my daily driver, lol.
    Last edited by dirty; 09-15-2008 at 11:54 PM.

22. #22 Re: Dirty's Grand Heeps 
    Heep party...

'93 Heep's new shoes...

Traded with a friend of mine for these...my old waggy wheels and a 30 pack of Coors. I'm not excited about them being aluminum...but the backspacing is way better for my current setup.

23. #23 Re: Dirty's Grand Heeps 
    Wheel bearings shot, oh well about time I get off my ass and dump the CV shafts I had in there. New rotors, calipers, and pads while I'm greasy. Losing more plastic by the day...

Close up of Heep's new shoes with 35s mounted. Poser beadlocks, but hey, I like 'em. Good news is that they are only 8" so I am running a poor-man's-beadlock...

New shoes have less backspacing, so hopefully with a small attitude adjustment to the outside of the fenders I can resolve all rubbing...as seen here on lower long arm...it was out of control...

Sits a bit wider...hard to tell from pic at near dark and missing front wheels...but in person (see avatar, same tires were inside fender) it looks pretty good...one nice thing about KS, the officials really don't care about fenders covering tires, mud flaps, or even cat converters...of which I have none...

Started taking things off engine in preparation for new stroker long block, really can't wait for this project. Heep still runs...but it's pretty embarassing with all the noise it makes.
    Last edited by dirty; 06-23-2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: my spelling is awfull tonight...damn

24. #24 Re: Dirty's Grand Heeps 
    lookin good brotha
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

25. #25 Re: Dirty's Grand Heeps 
    Quote Originally Posted by zj95maxx View Post
    lookin good brotha
    Thanks man. It's interesting how much more dumb shit you start working on when the Heep is stuck in your driveway, unable to wheel. Changing fluids, ripping off plastic, re-wireing things, tearing out carpet and rhino-ing the interior...etc.

If I don't get this motor soon I'm gonna have a fuckin' buggy before it's all said and done!

Damn you boredom!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Thread Information