Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fall Moab Trip - Page 8

Thread: Fall Moab Trip

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. #176 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Doesn't all light elimate shadows?

But really...how does it eliminate them any differently then a regular bulb? As in the light pattern isn't as directed or ...?
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

2. #177 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Ha yeah I guess you're right about that. I guess I could have been using a shitty brand or something, but my problem was the way it cast shadows it was difficult to see detail. Like the size of rocks/boulders ect... Maybe they just weren't bright enough...?
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    The password is newbgasm.
    www.crawlerready.com
    "For The Truly Addicted!"

3. #178 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Tools/parts are all packed up. Trailer's sitting out front. Truck's all cleaned out. Just gotta wait til it's time to go now!

4. #179 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    I'm still "working"....and I have work 8-5 Mon-Thurs and school form 6-10 Mon-Thurs as well....lame. I will be up LATE the next few nights getting all ready to go.
    www.crawlerready.com

5. #180 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady View Post
    Ha yeah I guess you're right about that. I guess I could have been using a shitty brand or something, but my problem was the way it cast shadows it was difficult to see detail. Like the size of rocks/boulders ect... Maybe they just weren't bright enough...?
    Could be the brighness or color of the light...if they were a white light as opposed to one with a yellow tint it may have looked different.
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

6. #181 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    True and they were a white light, which IMO makes it harder to make out objects (could be the fact that I just can't see in general ha).
    www.crawlerready.com

7. #182 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    I was just catching up reading and will be vitual wheeling this weekend since I'm on call till Monday AM. As far as doing Moab Rim and Kane in one day; I think you will be pushing the sunlight unless you just go up to the top of the rocks on the Rim and then back down.

Tom, if you setup on the left side to the bottom ledge of the Rim and then go up at a bit of an angle (it is pretty obvious when you are looking at it) you should be able to do it without any issues as that is the route Dan Mick took us up this year and the route I did when I was on 31's.

I've been looking at 12v LED lights as well and think I found an inexpensive route. I purchased a 12v plugin magnetic trouble/spot light in Walmart's auto section and it has decent light brodcast for less than $10 each, but I have yet to wire one up because I have to disassemble it and force it to always be on vs. the switch on the light. I plan on mounting them permanent when I have time to spend on this low priority item. I've also concidered getting one of the RV three light light bars there and take it apart and wire up. I think if I could find some LED backup lights, that would be perfect.

Anyway, you all have fun and I'll try and catch you next time. Probably try and get a trip together sometime around Thanksgiving. Too cold to paint the house and I shouldn't have call that weekend...
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

8. #183 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Regarding LEDs - I've been thinking of getting some of these

for engine bay lighting and cargo area lighting (the cargo lighting in the WK is in the liftgate - so when you open the liftgate you can't see into the cargo area at night). (Those lights can be found here: http://autolumination.com/truck.htm)

These bulbs are $6 a piece - one or two per wheel should work. They're so small they'll easily tuck up out of the way. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of night wheeling so this project is WAAAYYY down on my list of things to do.

Todd - you're on call Monday AM and that's preventing you from joining us? You live 90 minutes away from Moab - leave at 5 pm on Sunday and you'll still be home in time for dinner!!!!

So, on the tricky parts of the Rim, look for a left line?

If we do the Rim, I do want to go to the end, it's very scenic back there, you see stuff on that trail that you don't see anywhere else in the Moab area.
    Last edited by Z; 09-30-2008 at 08:04 AM.

9. #184 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    No, on call until Monday Oct 6 at 8:00am. Yes, setup for the bottom of the Z on the left hand side and approach it just like the letter. It is pretty obvious where the line is with the stacked rocks on the left side. Then over the the right side towards the top with a turn to the driver side once the rear wheels are up. With 35's on up there are a bunch more lines, but you need to make sure that both wheels of the axles are coming off of ledges at the same time when you are coming down.

It seems like I had to do a little bit of a two point turn at the bottom to re-position my ZJ on the "ramp" so that my passinger side rear didn't drop or miss the stacked rocks.

Also, put your rear corner protectors on as you will probably drag coming down the Z turn. Do you know where the petroglyphs/pictographs are back there?
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

10. #185 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    I'll pick up the trailer tomorrow and get things loaded up Wed evening. Gotta work until 4PM Thurs, then will swing by Slee to fill the CO2 tank on my way through Golden. Hopefully everything else is good!
    '98 ZJ 5.2L with 7" KOR lift, 35x12.5 MT/R's
    D30HP 760 axles/u-joints with Ox in front, 8.8 with Detroit in rear

Build and offroad pics at jeepsite.net

11. #186 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    CO2 tank is sitting in my office now - freshly filled, and I sure as shit don't need the safety disc bursting in the Heep

Tonight I'll check diff/TC fluids and pull off the roof basket since wifey wants to use the cargo box.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

12. #187 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    We're headed out tomorrow probably 1pm ish. Pam's gonna pick up Putz at the airport, finish packing up a few things and then we're off. For Friday, how's 8:30 at City Market work? We'll do the south side of the building again like we did for GSW if that works for everyone.

13. #188 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Works for me! I'm stoked! Too bad I still don't have power steering....gonna replace the pump tomorrow and see if that is the problem although it is BRAND NEW!...If it's not the pump them I'm stumped because it'll have a brand new pump, box, and ram...
    www.crawlerready.com

14. #189 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    8:30 Friday Morning City Market is fine.

I'll leave for Moab around 1:00 Thursday - if anyone wants to caravan, let me know.

That'll put me in Moab in time for dinner - Moab Brewery anyone?

15. #190 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    I should be pulling out of town around the same time Z - maybe a little later since I have to work until noon. I'll see what the girls want to do for dinner.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff

GSW 2010 Pics

16. #191 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Brewery should work tomorrow, give us a call when you get into town. We're heading out here in a few, see everyone tomorrow or Friday morning!

17. #192 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Drive safe Dave - see you tomorrow night.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    A bunch of KOR stuff

GSW 2010 Pics

18. #193 Re: Fall Moab Trip 
    Made it. Should be able to get 6 hours of sleep, too! See everyone tomorrow at 8:30AM / CM parking lot.
    '98 ZJ 5.2L with 7" KOR lift, 35x12.5 MT/R's
    D30HP 760 axles/u-joints with Ox in front, 8.8 with Detroit in rear

Build and offroad pics at jeepsite.net

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Thread Information