Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

2008 Carnage Pics

Thread: 2008 Carnage Pics

1. #1 2008 Carnage Pics 
    The class retard Lifetime Supporter ajmorell's Avatar
    Post the carnage in here!

Well, I figured out the problem. It turns out that I bashed my t-case skid/x-member so hard that it was in contact with my transfer case. The vibrations from the motor and transmission/drivetrain were being transmitted back through the cross member and into the body. I'm not sure if it was a result of that bolt coming out of my crossmember, but looking at the design, it seems pretty likely that it will happen again. I need to find a way to stiffen the rear support arm....look below.

Originally there was no gap between these two surfaces.

The bracket attached to the unibody was mangled. I pounded it out best I could.

Final Result:

I'm going to contact Kevin and see if anyone else had this problem. I think the main problem is that rear bracket that attaches to the unibody rail is just too thin. I'm thinking of modifying it so that it is 1/4" u-channel instead of that thin plate and having 2 bolts running through the frame rail in addition to the 2 tapped in from the bottom.
    Last edited by EMTimZJ; 05-13-2008 at 09:04 AM.

2. #2 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Dove into the caliper job today, thought it would be relatively simple...not.

Pulled off the wheel and found this:

Notice the sheared bolt still in the back:

Only way to get to it, was to remove the axle shaft an the dust cover.

Drilled a hole and used some ezouts and removed it:

Went to the store and found some new bolts and went to put everything back together and found out the caliper bracket was actually bent. Took the bracket off and put it in a vice and beat the crap out of it. Used a little heat, a wedge and the vice to finally get it bent back right. Cast aluminum parts are not fun to bend. Anyway got it all back together, then the ABS light wouldn't go out, messed witht he wires and got that fixed.

Here's a few pic's of the other damage I found today:

The skid plate held up well considering the whole jeep was being supported by it:

Ken

99 Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO High Clearance Long Arms, F&R D44s locked/trussed, 4.10's, 242HD, KMA Bumper, 33" Yokohama Mud Rovers + Lot's more

3. #3 2008 Carnage Pics 
    Post the carnage in here!

4. #4 Re: 2008 Carnage Pics 

Maybe I should walk around the rig and take pics of every scratch and scuff like some people.
    For the record, that ass bomb that Ken dropped in the Jeep should count as carnage.

5. #5 Re: 2008 Carnage Pics 
    Just trying to share the love man
    Ken

99 Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO High Clearance Long Arms, F&R D44s locked/trussed, 4.10's, 242HD, KMA Bumper, 33" Yokohama Mud Rovers + Lot's more

6. #6 Re: 2008 Carnage Pics 
    fuckin dana 30

these are 31 spline alloys

Quote Originally Posted by Four Play View Post
    I'll probably go to Hell for that but fawk it, I'll upgrade my 1st class ticket and go for another pack of peanuts... cremation cost are on the rise anyway.

7. #7 Re: 2008 Carnage Pics 
    my front carier last year

8. #8 Re: 2008 Carnage Pics 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Wow, never seen a broken carrier like that!
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

9. #9 Re: 2008 Carnage Pics 
    my Black lab hit the line lock switch (well at least i can say my dog broke my Jeep

Thread Information