Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Checklist for GSE 2008 - Page 2

Thread: Checklist for GSE 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    I hear you on the fuel. My GF can no longer get Friday off of work, but I'm not going a day late to miss a day of wheelin' and spend the same on fuel, so she's driving seperately now!

Her arrival in her Nissan 350Z to that campsite and shitty roads should be entertaining on Friday night. I'm probably going to go pick her car up at the entrance with the flatbed.

I don't see this driving into the camp well:

As for the toolbox: I usually just strapped down a crafstman box, most of what breaks ont he buggy aren't things tools fix, haha.

2. #27 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    I went to bigdogs in sept 06 w/out my rig. Drove up there in my VW r32 and made it up to camp. It was interesting to say the least. Everyone kept asking me...how the hell did you get up here in that thing? Only scraped once and that was on the bump that I never considered a speed bump before in camp 3.

But yeah...picking her up wouldn't be a bad idea. There's a little parking lot right past the main house where she can park her car. I wouldn't go through the hassle of loading it, and unloading it just to move it 100 yards up the mountain.
    "Matt"

3. #28 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    33s are mounted with the Stauns.

Steering is getting machined tomorrow night. The tie rods are slightly overkill. I love it.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by SirFuego; 05-29-2008 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

4. #29 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    What size tube is that? 1.5 w/ .5 wall?
    "Matt"

5. #30 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Yes, I believe so.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

6. #31 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Preppi12 View Post
    I went to bigdogs in sept 06 w/out my rig. Drove up there in my VW r32 and made it up to camp. It was interesting to say the least. Everyone kept asking me...how the hell did you get up here in that thing? Only scraped once and that was on the bump that I never considered a speed bump before in camp 3.
    Rear wheel drive, and about an inch off the ground, it's not making it! I took an Audi A6 in once, but that was AWD and had no issue. Her Z has trouble on clean flat gravel let alone dirt hills.

7. #32 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Steering and front trackbar are pretty much ready for wheeling. SYE and rear driveshaft are going in tomorrow.

Ordering shocks tomorrow. Should be wheelable once the shocks go in after a bit of tweaking. It's crunch time...
    Robot

8. #33 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Jeep is ready to go. Shadow came over yesterday and helped me bleed it all out so that's ready.

The tow rig...went to figure out what my braking problem is. Found the driver front caliper has a broken bleeder screw. So who knows what the previous owner did I ended up breaking a couple tools including an easy out trying to remove it. Looks like I'll be getting a new caliper today for it damn it.
    "Matt"

9. #34 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Admin
    I've never been able to get a broken bleeder out, no matter what I try.

I didn't get anything done this weekend, ended up going out of town, so now I'm in rush mode again.

10. #35 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Fuck overnight shipping from CA to NY...
    Robot

11. #36 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Admin
    What size / kind of shocks do you need? I probably have some you can borrow for the weekend, haha

12. #37 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    I just bent over and paid the money. I told Eric to order them before I changed my mind....
    Robot

13. #38 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Who's ready?

Tow Rig...
    -Just finished installing a new master cylinder
    -Adjusted the rear drum brakes
    -Installed new driver front caliper
    -Removed, cleaned and repacked driver front wheel bearings (waiting for the seal to come in for me to finished this up. So once that comes it...toss it in and assemble everything.
    -Then I need to bleed everything out again and I should be good here.

ZJ...
    -Just need to change the front diff fluid
    -Check the trans fluid (maybe flush)
    -There's other little things I'd like to do but none of them keep me from running so I should be good here as well.
    "Matt"

14. #39 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Admin
    I'm hurting for time.. posting this from the garage, waiting for storms to pass through so I can keep welding on my new uber UCA bracket, but now I'm having beadlock problems, my DIY locks are destroying my Iroks to the point I don't want to run them after this event, but I need to get them to hold air.

I was going to wrench all weekend... and all day yesterday, and all night tonight, but you know, i got distracted by the fairer sex (who is now not even coming)

15. #40 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    got the tc skid plate welded up. At 3/8" thick I guess I wont have to worry about it bending. Just have to fill the TC and rear diff with fluid and should be good to go.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

16. #41 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    So, I just came in from finishing up on the tow rig. Or what I thought would be finishing it up.

Did everything mentioned above but still have a pedal that falls. Its solid as hell when the trucks turned off but once you start it...the pedal will fall. Bad booster maybe? No vac leaks by the way.
    "Matt"

17. #42 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    only thing left would be swappin the booster?

it will either fix it or not but i understand the situation, im sure they are pricey

18. #43 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    All I have left is make a TC skid.... in the rain tomorrow
    Black 97 ZJ, 4.0, 242, Clayton LA 4.5" lift +2"spacers, TW DS, 8.8 4.10's, HPD30 4.11, WJ steering conversion, 1 ton flip, PSC , KOR TB conversion, Front axle Currie JJ bushing conversion, Baja Claws 33's, Custom front & rear bumpers, Rear tire carrier, rock sliders
    Works in progress->...
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/P1010203.jpg

19. #44 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
    it will either fix it or not
    Wow...thanks for the tip!
    "Matt"

20. #45 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    I try, you can only do so much after some drinks haha

21. #46 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Passenger Seat: Hi, Jared, would you like to sit on me for GSE?
    Jared: Nah, I was planning to drive.
    Driver Seat: Hahaha, fuck you.
    Jared: Oh, umm, Passenger Seat... Looks like I'll be sitting on you this weekend.
    Robot

22. #47 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    preppi I'm having the same prob in the jeep right now after running all new brake lines and found whats causing mine is small leakes here in there. They would only leak when pressed super hard. Brake would be hard for a few uses then slowly begin to work its way to the floor then I would shut it down and you couldn't push the peddal down at all.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

23. #48 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    Passenger Seat: Hi, Jared, would you like to sit on me for GSE?
    Jared: Nah, I was planning to drive.
    Driver Seat: Hahaha, fuck you.
    Jared: Oh, umm, Passenger Seat... Looks like I'll be sitting on you this weekend.

WUSS!

Just got your message, was at the GF's w/out a charger and the phone died.

If shocks is the biggest concern, I have shocks that will work, and frankly since you're towing it, wheel it without shocks if you need to, just get it there you pussy!

24. #49 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    Shocks are not my biggest concern to be honest.

The rear has retarded flex and needs limited badly -- and I stress "badly". People weren't joking when they said that triangulating the shocks improves flex. Too bad the extra flex seems to go way past any usability.

Even flexing it to where limiting straps would stop the flex, the rear tires were rubbing badly on the lower part of the inner fender in the rear and would have chewed up the tire. I was able to pick up some wheel spacers from DieselZJ and that seemed to resolve that issue. I'm not gung ho about wheel spacers, but that seems to be my only choice since I don't want to drop the benjamins on a super 88 kit just yet.

I also picked up DieselZJ's old 7" springs to see if that would at least temporarily address the need for limit straps -- but no dice.

That said, I got the work done at my buddy's shop since he is a good friend and a perfectionist. He would not let anything out of his shop that he didn't feel confident with. While the issues I described above probably could be resolved by Thursday, we wouldn't be able to test it enough to where he would feel confident letting me take it on a trip 8 hours away. I trust and respect his judgment. I'd say there is still about a 1% chance I could still be taking it. But I'm coming down regardless.
    Last edited by SirFuego; 06-04-2008 at 10:04 AM.
    Robot

25. #50 Re: Checklist for GSE 2008 
    There's no way in hell I'd wheel w/out shocks. I busted a rear shock one trip and the back end got bouncy...the next trip I busted the other rear shock and it was pretty bad. I still had a good trip but it wasn't a ton of fun to wheel. So SF...take overkills shocks if that's all you need.

Slim...I'd love it if it was only a leak. I've had it on my garage floor which was clean and no drips anywhere. And before I started working on the brakes, the fluid res never when down which it should if I'm leaking.
    "Matt"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread Information