Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
GSE 2008 - June 6-8 - Page 4

Thread: GSE 2008 - June 6-8

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. #76 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Yo! I'm one of the guys you met by your rig at the field party, probably the one that was slurring his words the most, haha.

2. #77 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slim616 View Post
    here's that video of matt losing his tire on k2
    Joe, it was great meeting you this weekend! Always great to see others not afraid to beat on their Mall Crawler. You might want to fix your post though as your attempt to embed the video didn't turn out too well
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

3. #78 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Preppi12 View Post

Overkill...managed to get his 42 completely off the beadlock rim (your locks sill suck! )

+ broken tow rig on the way home (head gasket is gone, coolant spewing into exhaust and out of side of block.)

Broke my wheelin' pair of glasses

Broke my cell phone.

Lost my keys

Great trip

4. #79 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    LOL, I was pretty slurred myself! I'm really hoping to see more pics from this event. Post em up!!

I decided to pop my hood today to check the oil and found my ecu laying on the oil filter, thats not good! My whole engine compartment is covered in oil and power steering fluid. Guess I have more work to do before the next run.

5. #80 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    not sure why its not working but heres the link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cigg_27UGk4
    Last edited by slim616; 06-10-2008 at 04:24 PM.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

6. #81 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    + broken tow rig on the way home (head gasket is gone, coolant spewing into exhaust and out of side of block.)
    Did you end up limping it home or did you have to get everything towed?
    "Matt"

7. #82 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Preppi12 View Post
    Did you end up limping it home or did you have to get everything towed?
    AAA wanted almost $200 just for the truck, not counting trailer... With my cell phone broken, I couldn't even call friends that have other tow rigs, because I don't know anyones number by heart! I called my dad from someone elses cell (mine was broken) who brought some supplies (LOTS OF WATER) and we limped it home between 30-50MPH depending on the engine temp. It was weak, but it got there.

At 234,000 miles, I can only bitch so much about a blown head gasket. It sucked, but it got the rig and I home eventually.

8. #83 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Admin
    Almost forgot: I knew something was wrong when it usually takes about 2/3 tank round trip in that thing, and I burned almost a whole tank getting down there... I should've checked on things.

9. #84 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I really had a great time. The wheeling was awesome and great to see everyone again and meet a few new faces.

Hopefully I can make it back in September and challenge my rig a little more - seems like it just walked over whatever I threw at it this weekend, although I did crush my steering stabilizer (not a surprise given the low-hanging stock WJ location) and nearly took out the tie rod with it (again, not a big surprise). I think the steering is definitely the weak link in my rig now, so maybe I can relocate the SS and flip the tie rod before then... we'll see.
    2001 WJ - 5.5" IRO LA, 32's, KOR sliderz

10. #85 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I really had a great time. The wheeling was awesome and great to see everyone again and meet a few new faces.

Hopefully I can make it back in September and challenge my rig a little more - seems like it just walked over whatever I threw at it this weekend, although I did crush my steering stabilizer (not a surprise given the low-hanging stock WJ location) and nearly took out the tie rod with it (again, not a big surprise). I think the steering is definitely the weak link in my rig now, so maybe I can relocate the SS and flip the tie rod before then... we'll see.
    You looking to flip the stock tie-rod or getting another one to flip?
    "Matt"

11. #86 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I would love to get the OTK kit from Iron Rock, but it uses heims... illegal for street use in the good ole commonwealth from what I understand...and since I want to keep it road-worthy, then unfortunately that won't work. So I'd be happy just flipping the factory TR - at least that would get it up & out of the way.
    2001 WJ - 5.5" IRO LA, 32's, KOR sliderz

12. #87 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I would love to get the OTK kit from Iron Rock, but it uses heims... illegal for street use in the good ole commonwealth from what I understand...and since I want to keep it road-worthy, then unfortunately that won't work. So I'd be happy just flipping the factory TR - at least that would get it up & out of the way.
    PM sent!
    "Matt"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Thread Information