Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
GSE 2008 - June 6-8 - Page 3

Thread: GSE 2008 - June 6-8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanA View Post
    Sounds good Matt. We're still debating which place to go, so we'll see. When does registration close?
    It doesn't really. You could show up on saturday and probably still get in.
    "Matt"

2. #52 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by Preppi12 View Post
    It doesn't really. You could show up on saturday and probably still get in.

Just show up and we can sqaure everything up then.

3. #53 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Only one weekend left! I've still got a couple things left to do. What about everyone else?
    "Matt"

4. #54 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I'm doing good. just a few things left to tweek. Depending on who/ how many of my friends come is whether or not I ride with the GSE group.
    Black 97 ZJ, 4.0, 242, Clayton LA 4.5" lift +2"spacers, TW DS, 8.8 4.10's, HPD30 4.11, WJ steering conversion, 1 ton flip, PSC , KOR TB conversion, Front axle Currie JJ bushing conversion, Baja Claws 33's, Custom front & rear bumpers, Rear tire carrier, rock sliders
    Works in progress->...
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/P1010203.jpg

5. #55 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Only one weekend left! I've still got a couple things left to do. What about everyone else?
    I've been adding to the list while I fix other things... Changing the harness mounting points, swapping in a lower spring rate for the rear, etc. Now I have leaking outer seals on the tow rig I need to repair too.

EDIT: I'll be there on time, cancelling my trip this weekend for more wrenching. GF might not make it due to sick family members, too bad, flipping girls in the buggy is my relationship test.

6. #56 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Tires are getting mounted today! (33" Trxus MT)

The ZJ still needs steering, a track bar, sye, rear driveshaft, and shocks. Steering and track bar are custom, so hopefully they will work out as planned. Tie rods are hopefully getting machined today.

I'm planning to come down whether I have a wheelable rig or not, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

7. #57 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Is your caravan coming down 79? Depending on when I might join up with you.

8. #58 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    GSE Moderator
    Camp - Camp 4 should be a go,,,as long as we don't get too much liquid sunshine the week before the event.

T-shirts,,,damn,,,let me see what I get get together. i may be able to pull it off, since the printer would be coming out anyway,,,will let you know.

Sorry to all about my lack of posting,,,2 weeks to go,,,I better check out my truck
    Bruce

98ZJ 5.9, RE 8000, ARB w/HS9500, custom rear bumber w/ tire carrier

62 Willys Wagon, 6-226, 4x4 being restored

9. #59 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Is your caravan coming down 79? Depending on when I might join up with you.
    I would think so. That seems to be the quickest way. I'm pretty sure that I will be coming down on Thursday and we will probably want to get there before dark. I'll give you a call as it gets closer.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

10. #60 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I'm almost done. I've got new shocks arriving this week for both of the grands, a new shear track bar for the front of the 96, and new springs in the front as well to level out the truck. Skid plates and sliders won't be in for my 96 in time, but they should be mounted on the 97 by the weekend.
    Krash80: And my trailer weighs 8,000 lbs empty.
    CurtP: What does your house have to do with any of this?

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.
    ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

11. #61 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I still need to build a rear bumper and finish my front bumper, and install my CB. Most likely none of those jobs will get done, so i'll just fill up the tank, pack up the tools and spare parts, and go

12. #62 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Camp - Camp 4 should be a go,,,as long as we don't get too much liquid sunshine the week before the event.

Sorry to all about my lack of posting,,,2 weeks to go,,,I better check out my truck
    Its bigdogs...it's going to rain! I've never been there yet w/out it raining atleast once. And yes, check out your zj and make sure its good to go. What is it...3 events I can recall now you getting there and not even running your rig?

Quote Originally Posted by JordanA View Post
    I'm almost done. I've got new shocks arriving this week for both of the grands, a new shear track bar for the front of the 96, and new springs in the front as well to level out the truck. Skid plates and sliders won't be in for my 96 in time, but they should be mounted on the 97 by the weekend.
    Glad to hear you decided to go Jordan. I thought you would end up at Uwharrie.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselZJ View Post
    I still need to build a rear bumper and finish my front bumper, and install my CB. Most likely none of those jobs will get done, so i'll just fill up the tank, pack up the tools and spare parts, and go
    I was reading your post thinking...screw starting a rear bumper. Maybe finished the front...yes do the cb. Then started laughing out loud when I saw you say...screw it...I'll just show up w/ tools!
    "Matt"

13. #63 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Well, I hope everyone has a great time. I was going to make it down this year, but with the Scrambler instead of a ZJ. But, after blowing the engine in the Rubicon ($3k rebuild), rebuilding the entire front end of the Ram ($3500+), and a bunch of other expensive bullshit like water softeners, we won't be making it this year. It's been 3 years I think since I killed the Beast trying to get over that rock.
    '96 ZJ: 4.5" RE w/2" BB, 360/46re swap, Bilstein's, 36" IROK's, 8.8 rear w/Detroit, 4.56 gears, trussed 30 front with Trutrac, Warn 9.5XP, etc... Parted out and SOLD

'84 Scrambler - Locked, caged, and 37's

'98 5.9 ZJ: built 360 in the works

2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel

14. #64 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    GSE Moderator
    Its bigdogs...it's going to rain! I've never been there yet w/out it raining atleast once. And yes, check out your zj and make sure its good to go. What is it...3 events I can recall now you getting there and not even running your rig?
    I think only 2 years not running at all,,,,can't count the number of didn't make it to day 3.

What really sux is,,,, work just tagged me to fly out to Seattle on Monday,,,I will get back Wed night or early Thur Morning,,,I will be there.
    Bruce

98ZJ 5.9, RE 8000, ARB w/HS9500, custom rear bumber w/ tire carrier

62 Willys Wagon, 6-226, 4x4 being restored

15. #65 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    me and broncotony are thinking of heading down this year

i need to decide whether i drive or trailer down – with the cost of fuel, i may drive the heep and take my chances

i have one more mod to do and it’s the toughest yet – it involves a sawzall and front fenders - gulp
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

16. #66 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    okay it looks like I got the jeep together enough to make it down to big dogs for its first test run. Hopefully not to many parts will fall off the first day out.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

17. #67 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by slim616 View Post
    okay it looks like I got the jeep together enough to make it down to big dogs for its first test run. Hopefully not to many parts will fall off the first day out.
    what part of md. are you from?

18. #68 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I live in Ruxton which right outside of Towson.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

19. #69 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    We should be out of here in about 30-45 mins. See everyone there!
    "Matt"

20. #70 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Alright, almost done wrenching (doesn't seem to stop) so we may actually make it! Hopefully I'll see you all there... if not, well then shit we'll have to make another run somewhere in the next few months.
    Krash80: And my trailer weighs 8,000 lbs empty.
    CurtP: What does your house have to do with any of this?

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.
    ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

21. #71 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Had a GREAT time this weekend! Thanks to DieselZJ for loading up his $500 XJ and letting me wheel it on Friday!

Saturday was a blast for me riding passenger in the "Big Tire Jobby" in the buggy group from Buffalo. Though I did hear that I missed some more difficult trails on Saturday from the GSE, but I was told that those trails have probably done the $500 XJ in since it had no skids.

It was great putting faces to all of the names I see here regularly on the board and hopefully I'll be meeting up with y'all on future trailrides (in my ZJ of course)!

Overkill -- you better post that video of the Dave going full throttle with his CJ-3A up Hell's Hole
    Robot

22. #72 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I too had a great time this weekend and it was nice seeing some new faces up there this year.
    From speaking with Beerman...sounds like the stock group got by with little damage. I heard one lost their charcoal can...I assume there was more than that but we'll wait to hear from them.

The int group had...

Pete...some fender/body dents (totally crushed the passenger front fender), cracked a rear passenger light.

Shadow...bent drag link, broke steering adjuster collar, broke short shaft down in the carrier...so he was out for the weekend.

Dieselzj...front passenger fender and cladding on the same side

BroncoTony...had some electical issue which shut him down for the weekend, thanks to sudz for getting him back to camp

Overkill...managed to get his 42 completely off the beadlock rim (your locks still suck! )

Myself...dropped a drive shaft, broke a heim, and it seems the steering box is f'd so my weekend was done on friday as well. And both of my favorite boots went to crap as well...and my feet hurt like hell today.

I ran too much this weekend and didn't really take any pics of our runs but am looking forward to seeing what everyone else got.

Hope to see all and more of you again there at future events.
    Last edited by MoonWorks; 06-10-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    "Matt"

23. #73 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I had a great time! I washed it today, and i'm pretty sure my ZJ has seen its last wax job . The trail we took on saturday was a little tight, but it was a lot of fun. I'll post some pictures later, i'm not in the mood right now.

24. #74 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    here's that video of matt losing his tire on k2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cigg_27UGk4&hl=en"></param><embed">http://www.youtube.com/v/cigg_27UGk4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cigg_27UGk4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I had a great time meeting you all and finally being able to put faces with some names.
    Last edited by slim616; 06-10-2008 at 04:26 PM.

25. #75 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I didn't know that it was a Grand Slam this time out or I would have stopped by your camp. I was in camp 2 w/ KGB. I have a ton of pics from the event you can view on photobucket. I met some of you at the field party and saw the ZJ convoy on the trail. Sweet!

Here I am taking on boulder. I didn't make it... this time!

"Street Legal"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information