Thread: GSE 2008 - June 6-8

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    BRUCE! Long time to see/talk to. Beerman and I were talking the other day and wondering if you got sent overseas or not. Glad to hear from you and hope to see you in a few weeks.

SF...you don't even have to be that detailed as we line up seperate from everyone else at the event. As Bruce said, we pretty much do our own thing.
    "Matt"

2. #27 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I'll be there, not sure which rig i'm going to have though.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

3. #28 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I Just got my confirmation email, so I'm all set to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. #29 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Hells yeah...looks like it will be a good turn out this year after all.
    "Matt"

5. #30 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I'll plan on being there too....running intermediate.

I have a good size list of things to do first - but I'll make it a priority after turkey season is over (this weekend).

Oh yeah, one other thing....this may be better suited for a new thread if others are interested, but all my GSE t-shirts are getting old - any chance we could get some new ones this year? I know we stopped getting them when attendance slacked off a couple years back and we couldn't commit to a large enough order. I'm in for 3 if we can get more this year.

Lookin forward to it!!!
    Last edited by Silverback; 05-13-2008 at 10:10 PM.
    2001 WJ - 5.5" IRO LA, 32's, KOR sliderz

6. #31 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Hmmm i might be able to make it, i hadn't seen any information and kinda forgot about it. I will have to look at my schedule, and of course keep the tow rig running...ugh.
    98ZJ

7. #32 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    )
    Oh yeah, one other thing....this may be better suited for a new thread if others are interested, but all my GSE t-shirts are getting old - any chance we could get some new ones this year? I know we stopped getting them when attendance slacked off a couple years back and we couldn't commit to a large enough order. I'm in for 3 if we can get more this year.
    Lookin forward to it!!!

Yeah...I second that. The only GSE shirts I have are from '04. Of which I also got in '05 b/c of left overs.

So, I would love to have a new one. However, bruce is the one who organizes all that and he's been in the air traveling more this year than he has been on the ground. He's posted here once about gse thus far so lets see what he's got to say about it. If it's a green light...there's a couple issues. It's VERY close to GSE to do it first off. Secondly, we'd need a new logo/photo for the shit w/ a new design.
    "Matt"

8. #33 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    if we could come up with a logo it would still take 10 days or so to make it happen. I could try to get the shirts made up wich would cost around 8.50 a shirt but the set up fee would be around a $100. Let me know what you want to do and i'll talk to the guy that does my company shirts.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

9. #34 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I'd love to see it happen but I feel like it's too close to make it happen.
    "Matt"

10. #35 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I'd love to see it happen but I feel like it's too close to make it happen.

Yeah, me too...unfortunately.

Still, I can hardly wait...really looking forward to it!
    2001 WJ - 5.5" IRO LA, 32's, KOR sliderz

11. #36 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Count me in on one too, I'll be there sitting on 35's so maybe I can save the underside some this time. And 2 thing's, I won't be last and won't follow shadow again hahaha. preppi, did shadow get the arb fixed? We'll see ya all down there.
    98 5.9 Rusty's LA, 33" MT MTZ's, 4.56's with trutrac and Aussie in rear, TR front bumper with 9000lb warn, and the usual go fast goodies.

96 F-250 7.3 solid axle swap and go fast goodies.

12. #37 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    We think all it was was the royal purple fluid he put in it had limited slip additive in it. There are no leaks anywhere and everything is in right. ARB asked him to check to make sure it didn't have the additive and it did so it seems to be working. We'll find out for sure soon...should be this weekend. As we're building his steering, swapping in the wj knuckles and brakes etc. If we get done early enough and aren't too drunk by then we'll test it somewhere local. But it works great on jack stands now...
    "Matt"

13. #38 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    worst case senerio on the shirts if you all really want one and I can sell enough to cover the cost of getting them made, I could just mail them to you. This way we have a little more time to get a cool logo together and get them made.I'm guessing the cost per shirt would be around 13.00 shirt if we could sell 20 of them. This would be 8.50 for the shirt and $5.00 for the set up fee. ($100 divided by 20 shirts) If we could sell more shirts the set up fee per shirt would go down.

Which camp are you all staying in? I'm normally in 6 because its easy to get my camper 2 tow rigs and everyone elses suff in the field without a real hassel. Also I will be heading down thur night from the baltimore area if anyone is comming from that direction.
    Last edited by slim616; 05-16-2008 at 10:19 AM.

14. #39 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    You can put me down for a shirt if they get made. XXL (or XL if that's the biggest size). Let me know the price. I would offer to design it, but it would probably look like stick figures in a stick Jeep. Art was never my thing...

Out of curiosity, what did the previous logo look like?

EDIT: I'll be in whatever camp they put me and my friends in. I've never been there, so I have no idea where I will be. DieselZJ and I are coming down in his dually towing both of our rigs, so I would assume we need some extra room. Recommendations for a camp?
    Last edited by SirFuego; 05-16-2008 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

15. #40 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    If you tell them you're with GSE, they'll put you in the GSE camp. I'm not sure if I'll be camping with GSE or BLWA, but probably GSE!

16. #41 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    which camp was gse last year? Sirfuego when you get there you can actually tell them what camp you want to be in. Also their real leanant down their, so if you don't have enough room in the one camp you can move and no one will say anything to you. I'll be in 6 either way just because i do all the cooking for the club i'm in, since I got the camper and grills and stuff.
    Last edited by slim616; 05-16-2008 at 10:48 AM.

17. #42 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Camp 4 is where we were last year (and most other years) but we were stuck in 3 one year and it sucked. If we can't all get into 4 then I"m going to camp 5. Which is where I've stayed the last 2 trips out there. 4 and 5 are my two favorites...don't like 6 but it is super easy to get in and out of. Hopefully Bruce will contact the campground and have know what camp ground we're in and post up before we all leave like he has in the past.

I'll be down thrusday at some point as well.
    "Matt"

18. #43 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 

19. #44 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    On second thought i can't commit to coming down, too much going on around that weekend.
    98ZJ

20. #45 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I've got two ZJ's we're thinking of bringing down, but they're both running SA's and 32's. I figured that puts us in the "stockers" category, but are there many rigs that run in that group with similar specs? I just don't want us to be the only ones on the friggin trail!
    Krash80: And my trailer weighs 8,000 lbs empty.
    CurtP: What does your house have to do with any of this?

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.
    ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

21. #46 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    my girl runs on 32's and i'll be running with her for the first day or two so your more then welcome to ride with us. Probly sunday if the rig hasn't fallen apart i'll try the harderstuff to see what I can break.

22. #47 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanA View Post
    I've got two ZJ's we're thinking of bringing down, but they're both running SA's and 32's. I figured that puts us in the "stockers" category, but are there many rigs that run in that group with similar specs? I just don't want us to be the only ones on the friggin trail!

That's probaby about an average build in the "stock" group. There is usually a few on 30-31's and 1-2 on 33's at times. We've got guys locked w/ LA's run the stock group before. Its all in how comfortable you are with your rig and how much wheelin experience you have. You'll have a good time either way. But in general, most have a better time if they are within they're "comfort zone" meaning they aren't breaking/denting their shit all day. Not saying you can't do that in the stock group but more likely the more you step up.
    "Matt"

23. #48 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    I am REGISTERED! WOHOO!

I have this idea of running Insanity again, but since I think I'll put the rig over again, I won't run it first!

24. #49 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by gtsom6 View Post
    I'll be there sitting on 35's
    what are you doing with the 33's. I might be interested. Were they for 16's?

The locker seems to be actin' right now, we'll see! The steering probably won't happen. I had a head space and timing issue. When I was redoing the tapper I grabbed the drag link end instead of the tie rod end and ended up sinkin' them way to deep. Getting the knuckles will be no problem but I still have a clearance issue. I guess I could just get the WJ tie rod and drag link for the time being so I at least have the brakes and knuckles installed! I really want to get the 1 tons on, those things look twice the size of the stock crap.

25. #50 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Sounds good Matt. We're still debating which place to go, so we'll see. When does registration close?
    Krash80: And my trailer weighs 8,000 lbs empty.
    CurtP: What does your house have to do with any of this?

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.
    ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information