Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
GSE 2008 - June 6-8

Thread: GSE 2008 - June 6-8

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Who's going, who's not?

2. #2 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    I'm hoping to make it this year. Hopefully I'll be on something bigger than 31s by then. I'd be coming down with a group of local friends who will be on 36"+ tires for Spring Fling, so I'll probably stick with the GSE crew for the wheeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

3. #3 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I'm going. Hopefully a few others too.
    Black 97 ZJ, 4.0, 242, Clayton LA 4.5" lift +2"spacers, TW DS, 8.8 4.10's, HPD30 4.11, WJ steering conversion, 1 ton flip, PSC , KOR TB conversion, Front axle Currie JJ bushing conversion, Baja Claws 33's, Custom front & rear bumpers, Rear tire carrier, rock sliders
    Works in progress->...
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/P1010203.jpg

4. #4 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    So not only have there always been quite a few east coast guys on here but there seems to be an influx of guys signing up and posting a lot over the last few months. However, no one's posting up or even showing interest in GSE. So what's the deal? We did have a better turn out last year than the past few but what gives? To be honest, I think we had more grands in Sept than in June last year.

Anyway, its always a good time and bigdogs is always a great place to wheel and party.

So..........Who's ready and who's almost ready? I'd also like to hear what everyone wants to run. Years ago we had 3 groups. "Stockers", intermediate, and advanced. We haven't had an advanced group in years and we usually only have 3-4 in the intermediate group. And I say "stockers" b/c its much more than stock.

Yes, I will be there....intermediate. So Beerman, get your shit together and guide!
    Last edited by MoonWorks; 05-06-2008 at 12:34 AM.
    "Matt"

5. #5 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    I'd be coming down with a group of local friends who will be on 36"+ tires for Spring Fling, so I'll probably stick with the GSE crew for the wheeling.
    So what...running with the grands are second choice to you. I figured that would be one of the major attractions of coming to this event!

It would be nice to have some new faces here this year. Along with all the old ugly mugs as well!
    "Matt"

6. #6 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by Preppi12 View Post
    So what...running with the grands are second choice to you. I figured that would be one of the major attractions of coming to this event!
    It's a damned if I do, damned if I don't type thing. I'll get shit from my friends if I go down there and don't wheel with them. I'll get shit from y'all if I go down there and don't wheel with you

I'll be locked F/R on 4.5" LAs by then.

Put me in for intermediate. If I'm on 33s by then I'd be interested in doing advanced if that is considered large enough. If "advanced" is meant for buggy type setups on like 36"+ tires, then I wouldn't want to be a trail plug.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

7. #7 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Put me in for intermediate. If I'm on 33s by then I'd be interested in doing advanced if that is considered large enough. If "advanced" is meant for buggy type setups on like 36"+ tires, then I wouldn't want to be a trail plug.

We haven't had an advanced group in years. But the advanced runs would be tough on 33's. There are plenty of buggys on ~40's that I see run the trails that our advanced group would run and lets just say they loose a tire here and there in some of the holes that present themselves on the trail.
    "Matt"

8. #8 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Ah OK. I just wasn't sure how crazy "advanced" really was.

Intermediate sounds just fine to me
    Robot

9. #9 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12724

Check out Overkills pics on post #2.

Its all good though...I was just giving you a hard time. Feel free to run what ever you want but its always good to hang out, wheel and party with new grand guys.
    "Matt"

10. #10 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    So I take it that those attending will be paying the "ridiculous" fee of $10 to camp there for the weekend?
    Last edited by SirFuego; 05-08-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    Robot

11. #11 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    So I take it that those attending will be paying the "ridiculous" fee of $10 to camp there for the weekend?
    Keep going...it's $25 that's listed on the site but I know I paid $27 a couple weeks ago at icebreakers. That's if you pay cash. If you use a credit card when you get there...it's a $2 (I think) fee that they charge you as well.
    "Matt"

12. #12 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Yeah I can't friggin read anything today. I'm glad I'm not a newbie. I'd probably be flamed out the wazoo for the dumb posts I've made today

The $10 is for kids under three feet tall. Still, I'm not complaining about paying $35...
    Robot

13. #13 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Yeah I can't friggin read anything today. I'm glad I'm not a newbie. I'd probably be flamed out the wazoo for the dumb posts I've made today

The $10 is for kids under three feet tall. Still, I'm not complaining about paying $35...
    Its $25...not $35. lol You still can't read!

So..............anyone else in?
    "Matt"

14. #14 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I can read just fine
    Big Dogs Grand Slam East, Winchester VA
    June 6-8 2008

Applications for online registration for the Grand Slam East Event for 2008 is NOW OPEN
    GRAND SLAM EAST EVENT AGENDA

Download the registration form and select your trails from the

2008 Trail Ride page
    NOTE: FOR WINCHESTER events there is a $35.00 per person, land use/camping fee for this event. Kids less than three feet tall, independent of age, are $10 per weekend. Includes trail access, campsite, hot showers, rifle range, hiking, fishing, use of grounds. Paid on site. Hotel Accommodation information can be found HERE.

BIG DOGS OFFROAD provides experienced trail guides, plenty of action, and a good time with good "wheelers". Limited number of vehicles at each event, first-come-first served. Open to licensed 4-wheel drive vehicles, we have plenty of rugged action for you. BIG DOG T-Shirts Sold at each event.
    http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/index....&ceid=6&meid=6
    Robot

15. #15 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    So I have another question

What do we put down for the "Trail Choice" portion on the registration form? Looks like it's really only relevant for the spring fling folks, so is it safe to just put "GSE" in those boxes?
    Robot

16. #16 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I'm going

17. #17 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Fuego...thanks for correcting me on the camping fee. Its usually 25 and was a couple weeks back so I thought you were quoting me and not the site.

With the trail selection. If it will allow for text...sure, GSE in the boxes would be fine I guess. You're looking to run an intermediate type trail so if GSE won't work than I'd put like a 6 in each of the boxes. They need to get more guides for the 5-7 runs anyway. They just use that as an idea on how many will be there and how many guides they need for what.

Diesel...good to have you.
    "Matt"

18. #18 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    I signed up a few days ago but am also going with a group of at least 3 or 4 TJ's. I haven't been on this site in a while and have never been to Big Dogs. Guess I'll see you guys out there.
    97 ZJ
    RE,JKS,HELLA,SURCO
    HI-LIFT,OME,TOM WOODS,
    BILSTEIN,K&N,AUSSIE,KOR,
    TURBO CITY

19. #19 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    I'm a maybe, not sure if I'd be taking the ZJ buggy or the samurai, probably whichever is destroyed less at the time!

Those pictures were from the trail Big Dogs calls "INSANITY" - I don't care how big or how good of a driver you are, you're not taking a Grand with sheet metal through there... That was on my run with Black List Wheelers Association, not the grand crew, but it was nuts! I think 3 vehicles of the 10 or so that were on that run drove out in one piece...

20. #20 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    I don't care how big or how good of a driver you are, you're not taking a Grand with sheet metal through there...
    Haha! Yeah I sorta figured that from looking at the pics. I supposed if someone did, there wouldn't be much sheetmetal left anyways!

Preppi -- thanks for the info. I'll fill it out with the those ratings and submit it later today.

DieselZJ and I will probably be heading down together (with others from Buffalo) on the Thursday before. Map says to go through Pittsburgh, so we might be able to meet up with peeps along the way if they are interested in convoying...
    Robot

21. #21 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Admin
    If I'm going, I'm down for a convoy! I guess I should say I plan on going, just a matter of one of the rigs being wheelable at the time.

22. #22 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    I'm a maybe, not sure if I'd be taking the ZJ buggy or the samurai, probably whichever is destroyed less at the time!

They're both a piece of shit...so pick one! In fact...bring both and maybe you can make it through a whole weekend.
    "Matt"

23. #23 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Admin
    You could bring me a bigrig car-hauler full of buggies, and with my luck, they'd ALL be disabled and/or destroyed by the end of the weekend!

Only one fits on my trailer, probably only bringing one, but there is the possibility of having a friend drive the sammy down to have a spare, LMAO

24. #24 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    GSE Moderator
    do not worry about trail selection,,,we grands will take care of that.

Preppi,,,thanks for answering questions for me,,,I am traveling too much,,,still on the road for another 2 weeks. Already logged over 50k airline miles since 1 jan and still going

Bruce
    Bruce

98ZJ 5.9, RE 8000, ARB w/HS9500, custom rear bumber w/ tire carrier

62 Willys Wagon, 6-226, 4x4 being restored

25. #25 Re: GSE 2008 - June 6-8 
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    do not worry about trail selection,,,we grands will take care of that.
    Thanks, Bruce! I just put "GSE Intermediate" in the trail selection boxes.

Just paid via paypal and submitted my registration form. Once I get the confirmation e-mail, I'll be golden
    Robot

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Thread Information