Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Goldensd's Build Pics -3/12 Rear Spring Revamp - Page 5

Thread: Goldensd's Build Pics -3/12 Rear Spring Revamp

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. #101 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -Waggy 44 Complete!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowncb View Post
    Where did you get those terminal connectors?
    Actually they were already on the Jeep when I bought it. I'm guessing you could hit a stereo shop, or maybe even crutchfield for something like them, as the are from Rockford Fosgate.

I'm sure they cost more than they are really worth, but since they didn't cost me, I have been pretty happy to have them, as they have saved a lot of work with switching around connections.

There was also another bonus hidden away when I bought this, as there was a 2 gauge power cable running from the battery to back under the rear seats. I've added a distribution block and a disconnect switch back there and have used it to power my lockers and auxillary lighting and such. With the disconnect, I can simply flip the switch and ensure that no lights/lockers are ever accidently switched on driving down the road.
    '97 ZJ Limited, Atlas II, 35" KM2's, 4.5" RE Springs + ACOS Spacers w/ Clayton's Longarms, Ford 8.8 w/ Triangulated Bilstein 5150's, Waggy D44, Lockers Front and Rear, and Lots of other customs stuff....

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15667

2. #102 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -Dual Battery Trays Completed 
    Just went through your build, very nice work!! The sliders are really sweet! D44 looks tough too!!
    93 ZJ a work in progress, just getting started

3. #103 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -Dual Battery Trays Completed 
    Since most of my trips this summer seemed to end up including some long night runs, I decided to add some more rock lighting, than just what I had in the front bumper. After looking around at the options, I ended up with the Off Road Only Litespots. These things are pretty impressive for their size.

Once I got them here and was playing around with them, I also came had another idea to put some under the hood. Since these also have a magnetic mount on the back side they are very handy to stick all over, so I installed 2 of them under the hood and left enough wire to reach the back of the rig, and have added an additional connector to one wire, so that both lights could be strung together. This leaves me with a quick and easy trouble light, or even some campsite lighting that could easily be easily strung out for use.

Here's some pics:

I took out the existing light/switch combo and added a small rocker switch to run the underhood lighting:

Behind the Front Tire:

In front of the Rear Tire:

Behind the Rear Tire:

Lights on. I was surprised by how much more dispersed the led light was than the 55W halogens that I've got in the front bumper. Now, I may have to switch those lights at some point, to get rid of the difference in lighting.

'97 ZJ Limited, Atlas II, 35" KM2's, 4.5" RE Springs + ACOS Spacers w/ Clayton's Longarms, Ford 8.8 w/ Triangulated Bilstein 5150's, Waggy D44, Lockers Front and Rear, and Lots of other customs stuff....

4. #104 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Hey Shawn - where did you place your switches? I've seen a lot of good placement ideas, just want to see what others are doing.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

5. #105 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 
    Quote Originally Posted by fpkites View Post
    Hey Shawn - where did you place your switches? I've seen a lot of good placement ideas, just want to see what others are doing.
    I mounted mine on flatspot on the front of the center console under the armrest/lid. I'll try and get you a pic in the next day or so.

6. #106 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 
    I've been thinking about this for a long time, but finally got around to it. I've been wanting to remove the ABS pump and build a storage box in its place. As I started to put it all together, I had the additional thought to add a air hose reel into the lid as well. I've still got to finish up the paint on the lid, but I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Here's a few pics:

And waiting in the background are the pieces for my next bit of welding:

7. #107 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    How do you like that intake? I've considered getting one but have heard both good and bad reviews.

8. #108 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 
    Sorry Jim, I totally forgot about this. Here's a pic of my setup:

9. #109 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    Quote Originally Posted by The Luke View Post
    How do you like that intake? I've considered getting one but have heard both good and bad reviews.
    I like it because it freed up a lot of room for other stuff (batteries/compressor/etc.). As you can see, I didn't really like to looks of the filters that they offer, so I sourced my own K&N's to fit the way I wanted them too. Can't say that I can tell any difference in performance from the K&N setup I had before.

10. #110 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Cool idea!

And nice execution as always.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

11. #111 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    Man, I can't believe you managed to fit all of that shit in there, good job. My only thought, is it worth it to have the holes in the top of the box? It seems like it will just provide a way for dirt and water to get in there and just sit in the bottom, just a thought...

Looks good though!
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

12. #112 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 

What holes?
    '98 ZJ 5.9 soon to have 5" Clayton LA's and 33" BFG KM2

13. #113 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    Awesome build, you gave me a bunch of ideas

14. #114 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 
    Quote Originally Posted by NIK5.9 View Post

What holes?
    Oh, never mind, I was going off of the first photo. Carry on
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

15. #115 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    how bad is your bump ster with the track bar being so short?

the underhood work is wicked! i live the storage box!!
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

16. #116 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
    how bad is your bump ster with the track bar being so short?

the underhood work is wicked! i live the storage box!!
    Thanks all!

As for bumpsteer, I've never really noticed any on the highway. I can cruise 75 mph with 1 finger on the wheel, and not think twice. If I recall correctly, I think it was only a couple inches shorter than where I had it adjusted to previously.

17. #117 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    bump steer isn't during crusing.

if you hit a sudden bump or dip in the road ie speed bump. the steering wheel will jerk.

because the drag link and track bar are diferent lengths.

not THAT noticable if the link are flat or parralele with the ground but if they are on an angle you will notice it.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

18. #118 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Quote Originally Posted by goldensd View Post
    Sorry Jim, I totally forgot about this. Here's a pic of my setup:

That has to be the best switch spot I've seen yet. Easy access when you pull the console liner?
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

19. #119 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
    bump steer isn't during crusing.

if you hit a sudden bump or dip in the road ie speed bump. the steering wheel will jerk.

because the drag link and track bar are diferent lengths.

not THAT noticable if the link are flat or parralele with the ground but if they are on an angle you will notice it.

Ahhh... you must not know the roads around here, they are pretty much a constant speed bump, ha ha. regardless I really don't have much of any bump steer in the setup, maybe it does happen to be flat enough to compensate for the different lengths.

20. #120 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -11/15/09 - LED Lighting 
    That has to be the best switch spot I've seen yet. Easy access when you pull the console liner?

Thanks, and in case you'd be worried about accidentally hitting them, I happen to have all of those switches, plus my lockers on a single power source direct from the batteries, so I also hooked up a disconnect switch within reach of the driver's seat, so they aren't actually powered most of the time when I'm on the road.

21. #121 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    Shawn,
    As usual great attention to detail with your projects . I have a quick question about the "west texas pump upgrade" you did on your Jeep a while back. I though I read somewhere that you posted that the additional pressure blew out your pump or box during a wheeling trip? How long did the pump last after you modified it and how much bigger did you drill out the main fitting? Did you modify the flow piston at all or did you leave it as it was? Is it a worth while upgrade or should I just pass? Thanks for the help.

Fred R.
    97 ZJ, 5" Long Arm Lift, Currie Anti-Rock, Beadlocked 35's, 231/D300 Doubler, Locked Front & Rear (Narrowed HP D44 w/ chromo shafts and Yukon Superjoints & F8.8), ARB Bull Bar & 9K winch, 1-Ton Hydro-assist steering, "Custom" body work and some other goodies...

22. #122 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    Quote Originally Posted by fredr1980 View Post
    Shawn,
    As usual great attention to detail with your projects . I have a quick question about the "west texas pump upgrade" you did on your Jeep a while back. I though I read somewhere that you posted that the additional pressure blew out your pump or box during a wheeling trip? How long did the pump last after you modified it and how much bigger did you drill out the main fitting? Did you modify the flow piston at all or did you leave it as it was? Is it a worth while upgrade or should I just pass? Thanks for the help.

Fred R.
    Thanks Fred.

Yes, I did do it, and yes my pump did blow up. I don't recall the details, but I think I only drilled out the how, and maybe put some washer in behind a spring. It lasted me most of one season, and then blew out the bearing/seal at the front of the pump on the way up to the last trip of season. Luckily, I was still within range of an autozone, and I'd already replaced it their, so I just exchanged in on warranty to finish the trip, and then bought an AGR pump. I'd say do it if you need a short term fix (I did notice the difference with it), but would suggest carrying a spare pump/pulley if you plan to keep it in there long term or on the trail.

23. #123 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -12/27/09 - Engine Storage Box and Hose Reel 
    After getting some advice from you guys, I decided to use a standard beadlock kit to add some "rock rings" to my rims by just using the inner ring, so I waited for a free shipping code to come along and ordered up a set from A to Z Fabrication. Just got one welded up, painted and put on, and am pretty amazed at how small it they make the rims look, but I definitely think it will help keep my rims from getting quite so trashed.

24. #124 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -4/14/10 - Rear Tube Fenders 
    Where has the winter gone..... Now that spring is here, I'm finally getting a chance to tackle my winter project, and am trying to blast through it before the season hits. I've got the plates and tube all cut out and bent, and finished getting one side welded in tonight.

I'm hoping to these done and prepped and get the sides and bumpers all painted up before the snow melts.

Here's a couple pics I snapped tonight:

25. #125 Re: Goldensd's Build Pics -4/13/10 -Rear Tube Fenders 
    Nice. did you cut the tube down the line and slide it over the fender, or just cut the fender and weld the tube to it?

Looks great, as always.
    Neil R.

93 318 ZJ, HP30, 8.8, 4.56, 35"s, tube.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    WTF? A unibody won? Did they build a mall at the finish line or something?

Funniest thread on MC

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Thread Information