Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sasquatch

Thread: Sasquatch

1. #1 Sasquatch 
    well to start off my name is Nick i am from new brunswick canada .... been jeepin for about 2 years now

started off with a 95 zj 4.0 fixed it up a abit then did a RC 4" short arm lift and ran 31's for about 6 months got bored of it so i sold it

and then i was onto a 96 xj 4" lift 33"s locked front and back wich etc etc
    wheeled it for a bit but bein in atlantic canada rott is a big factor and im no welder so she was soft and i decided it was best to put her down so i cut it up saved all the goodies and sent her away

so i picked up a 98 zj ltd 5.2 for 900 bucks all it needed was rockers so i did a poor mans lift front to rear swap and bought some new shocks and 4" coils for the front and ran 33"s ... a young fella made me an offer on it and i couldnt say no since it was double what i paid so off she went to a new home,...... the wifey was super pissed when she got home to see the jeep was gone .... so i was out looking for another one

so i brought home a 89 MJ and i tell u the wife was still not happy she hated this thing but i loved it lol
    6" lift rc long arms bald ass 35/14.5/15 bogger on a dana 30 and dana 35 lmao..... so they went and i went back to a 33" just for the sake of the rear-ends

well the wifey is still un-happy lol.... my buddy needed a truck and i needed a happy wife so we made a trade and i came home with yet another zj

6" short arm lift factory lsd rear bumper winch rock rails 33"s

so then i tore the upper rear control arm mounts off so i figure it was time to upgrade

picked up a ristys off road 5.5" long arm lift kit with longer travel shocks and rugged ridge cross over steering used partsd but was a smoking deal

kit came from a I6 so the tranny mount on the cross member wasnt the same so we did some mods to it

it fits!!!

on to the arms

testin the rails

changing the springs

now onto the rugged ridge cross over steering nice strong stuff but i wouldnt recomend anyone buying this kit the steering is fawkin stupid way to much tre roll so u r constantly ajusting ut wheel while driving.... its soon coming off

so after alot of fucking around to get the arms ajusted and pushing the rear-ends back some she is readdy to roll out of the shop and onto his rock wall

worked decent.... we had to do some fawkin around with the shocks they way buddy had it on the old jeep he didnt have enough up travel in the front .... so i used the rear shocks in the front and my old front shocks in the back we made a bracket to fit them on

the stock location is still their... in the end it workes out to i have 4 to 5 inches of up-travel front and back and about 12 inches of down travel ... and rear coild locks on the top of the springs

day time shot on the wall

97 ZJ LTD, 8" rustys long arm lift, cross over steering, 33" KM2S, Winch, Dents and scratches,

2. #2 Re: Sasquatch 
    i like your front limiting straps

3. #3 Re: Sasquatch 
    Don't have any .... Unless u mean the cheap rc quick disconnect sway bar link....
    Last edited by hardrox-zj; 05-12-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    97 ZJ LTD, 8" rustys long arm lift, cross over steering, 33" KM2S, Winch, Dents and scratches,

4. #4 Re: Sasquatch 
    nice build so far

X2 on the rugged ridge steering, nice parts but the TRE roll sux the big one. i made a small bushing to take up some of the gap and it fixed it a bit but still wasnt happy with it, mines been taken off also

5. #5 Re: Sasquatch 
    Got any pics of the spacer? I was.thinkin a spacer of some.sort might help

6. #6 Re: Sasquatch 
    i meant your brake hoses

7. #7 Re: Sasquatch 
    Oh lol... I had thought u were bein sarcastic lol..... Yeah the break hoses were pretty tight in that pic..

8. #8 Re: Sasquatch 
    dont have it anymore, went with the kit when i sold it. it was pretty much a thick plastic washer. just slid over the joint and took up some of the gap. but it wasnt perfect and there was still to much roll for my liking

Thread Information