Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Lodging-GSW 08 - Page 3

Thread: Lodging-GSW 08

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #51 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado 5.9 View Post
    I thought you made reservations at the Red Stone along time ago?

Slacker!!!!

Nope I didnt make them when I should have. So now its the Motel 6. I told them I would be checking in late on Thursday after the meet and greet. I asked them to keep the light on for me and they agreed.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

2. #52 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    lol
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

3. #53 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    I wonder how many on this board would even get that joke or know who Tom Bodette (sp??) is?

4. #54 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    I'm Tom Bodette for Motel 6, and we'll leave the lube open for ya.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

5. #55 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    ...and a meth lab down the hall (around here some times). I remember the ads. It's funny when people get busted for cooking in a motel room, do they think that House Keeping isn't going to notice?

At least the 6'er in Moab is nice.
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

6. #56 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Alrighty, I just now got registered for GSW, so I'm a bit behind the curve here for lodging. Never been to Moab either, so I'm going on recommendations alone.

My main concern is money - I'm really going to be pushing it to afford the gas for the trip, so even an extra $250 for lodging is probably out of the question. Anyone have a link to that $10 campsite that Cody mentioned? I'd love to be in town with everyone else, but I figure the most important thing is being in Moab at all.
    2000 WJ, V8
    Some crap, Adding more crap all the time.

7. #57 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    http://www.google.com/search?q=moab+...e7&rlz=1I7DMUS

This lists a lot of them and some of the BLM campgrounds are inexpense. I'm not certain, but I think that there is free camping a little way off the road to Dubinky Wells road right after it it turns off of Hwy 313. I think this is very primitive and might even be so primitive that you have to take your own port-a-poty.

I've done a couple of the close to town campgrounds and having a shower at the end of the day is nice. Probably cost about $40 or so a night though.
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

8. #58 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Canyonlands RV is directly next door (south) of the Red Stone Inn. Prices:

http://www.canyonlandsrv.com/pricespolicies.html

Last year, I actually had a reservation with them thinking I was going to pull my popup out there, then kept calling Red Stone and got it. Pricing isn't too shabby, and it's close to many of the other attendees.

For those wanting to stay at the Red Stone, don't give up just yet. Call every week and see if they have anything open. Sometimes the bus tours have cancellations.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff

GSW 2010 Pics

9. #59 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner
    MallCrawlin Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by fpkites View Post
    Canyonlands RV is directly next door (south) of the Red Stone Inn. Prices:

http://www.canyonlandsrv.com/pricespolicies.html

Last year, I actually had a reservation with them thinking I was going to pull my popup out there, then kept calling Red Stone and got it. Pricing isn't too shabby, and it's close to many of the other attendees.

For those wanting to stay at the Red Stone, don't give up just yet. Call every week and see if they have anything open. Sometimes the bus tours have cancellations.
    I stayed at Canyonlands during EJS 2007. Nice place, clean showers and bathrooms. I stayed in the back tent site for $20 or so per night and it included use of the showers. They also have free wi-fi. The tent site is on grass, and it's covered with a picnic table and fire pit.
    I will be off of work from the 24th, so I may be going up earlier than Wednesday, if I do, I will stay here for the first couple nights.

And yes, a shower at the end of a hot summer day spent on a dusty trail feels great. That and a couple ice cold beers.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ
    I no longer have a GF, and I suddenly find myself with extra money, and extra time to go wheeling. IT KICKS ASS!
    Damn it. I bought a JK, so no more money for wheeling!

Dan
    Phx-93 ZJ

Specializing exclusively in *HIGH-END QUALITY* Parts and Accessories for Grand Cherokees, Cherokees, and Wranglers since 1999

10. #60 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Only a couple? Lightweight
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    A bunch of KOR stuff

GSW 2010 Pics

11. #61 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    We stayed in one of the cabins at Canyonlands when we went out there in September. Definitely a viable alternative to the Redstone.

12. #62 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner
    MallCrawlin Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by fpkites View Post
    Only a couple? Lightweight
    Wudeva. Have you seen my avatar? There is a reason there's a beer in my hand! I'm leading trails so I gotta be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ
    I no longer have a GF, and I suddenly find myself with extra money, and extra time to go wheeling. IT KICKS ASS!
    Damn it. I bought a JK, so no more money for wheeling!

Dan
    Phx-93 ZJ

Specializing exclusively in *HIGH-END QUALITY* Parts and Accessories for Grand Cherokees, Cherokees, and Wranglers since 1999

13. #63 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    No place like mountains Lifetime Supporter InIt4TheFun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bburgi View Post
    Alrighty, I just now got registered for GSW, so I'm a bit behind the curve here for lodging. Never been to Moab either, so I'm going on recommendations alone.

My main concern is money - I'm really going to be pushing it to afford the gas for the trip, so even an extra $250 for lodging is probably out of the question. Anyone have a link to that $10 campsite that Cody mentioned? I'd love to be in town with everyone else, but I figure the most important thing is being in Moab at all.
    If you are driving up from TX and want to break up you trip, you can crash at my house in CO Springs. Would mean driving up Wed to springs, crash for night and then to moab on Thurs.

Your call but more than happy to put you up for the night and same thing on return.
    "In almost ANY situation, or dealing with any controversial issue, the two extreme solutions are almost always never correct, and the best course of action lies somewhere in between." -J B

"I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!" - General Beringer

14. #64 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Quote Originally Posted by InIt4TheFun View Post
    If you are driving up from TX and want to break up you trip, you can crash at my house in CO Springs. Would mean driving up Wed to springs, crash for night and then to moab on Thurs.

Your call but more than happy to put you up for the night and same thing on return.
    Yeah, I'll be driving all the way up from Austin, so it's a pretty long trip for me.

I really appreciate the offer to crash at your place - We're finalizing the plans right now for the drive up, so I will let you know asap if I need to take you up on it.
    2000 WJ, V8

15. #65 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Sweeeet, I have my rooms at the Red Stone for all three nights now thanks to Dirk and CrisT...thanks

And to those still looking, I think there should be some on Friday and/or Saturday available now as well.
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

16. #66 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    The Oil Dude MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Glad I could help, see you there!!!!!!

Dirk
    Your #1 Source for Amsoil Lubricants

Lube it or Loose it!

17. #67 Re: Lodging-GSW 08 
    Thanks for the offer to stay at your place, but it looks like it's going to be next year before I'll make it out to GSW. I get closer every year, and come hell or high water I will be there next time... probably.
    2000 WJ, V8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Thread Information