Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

95 ZJ Slow build up - Page 5

Thread: 95 ZJ Slow build up

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. #101 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaster View Post
    Not really an update for my jeep, but I got this....

My new toy 2008 Ninja 250 R....I don't want to hear have a nice life, your going to die, i have 6 months to live. I knew all this when i bought it.

Pix
    It takes talent to get hurt on a 250, the only way your going to kill yourself is if you get hit by someone else. Your going to enjoy the 60+ mpg, its a nice change. I got the same spiel when I bought my street bike, yet here I am two years later. Just don't ride beyond you means and watch out for people that aren't watching out for you.
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

2. #102 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Thanks for the advice....I have been riding motorcycles since i was 6 years old, so I am pretty confident with myself, and this is my third street bike. I plan on riding this for 2 or 3 years then stepin up to a 600 when I feel like I need something a little faster.

3. #103 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Well, haven't didn't drive my jeep for 2 weeks then left for christmas break (another 2 weeks) came back and figured I should start my car. Battery is completely dead, unlock button wont even work. Jumped it and drove it around for a little why and shut it off and wouldn't turn over. Looks like I need a new battery, I am considering optima...if I do would you suggest red or yellow top? For winching and some sound system around town when I decide to drive it.

4. #104 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Just charge your battery...although driving around helps charge your battery, your alternator focuses more on the electronics of your car while running. So giving your battery a charge by driving it around isn't always the best solution unless you drive it for hours. Pull the battery and put it on a 2amp trickle charge for ~6hours and you should be good to go. I'd try that before spending the $$$ on a new battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    The password is newbgasm.
    www.crawlerready.com
    "For The Truly Addicted!"

5. #105 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    dude, that paint has got to be the best condition chrysler paint i've ever seen. what do you use?

6. #106 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady View Post
    Just charge your battery...although driving around helps charge your battery, your alternator focuses more on the electronics of your car while running. So giving your battery a charge by driving it around isn't always the best solution unless you drive it for hours. Pull the battery and put it on a 2amp trickle charge for ~6hours and you should be good to go. I'd try that before spending the $$$ on a new battery.
    Well down here in St. George I dont have a battery charger. But I will post on the other forum and see if someone will let me use theres for a little bit. And good point, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by paulkeith View Post
    dude, that paint has got to be the best condition chrysler paint i've ever seen. what do you use?
    The hood, fenders, and front bumper I repainted myself using Dupont's 2 stage paint. The rest is all the original paint, I just wash it regularly and wax it twice a year with the permaseal wax i bought at a car show that works wonders.

7. #107 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    I know there is a Checker Auto in St. George, you could always cruise over there and have them charge it. They do a 1 hour charge for free, and it also will test your battery to make sure there aren't any bad cells and that it holds the charge.
    www.crawlerready.com

8. #108 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Will do, thanks tyler

9. #109 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    np
    www.crawlerready.com

10. #110 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Took it to checker and they did the hour charge on it but the battery was no good. A local guy that I wheel with had an extra battery that came out of the jeep he rolled and sold that to me for 10 bucks.

11. #111 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Shitty it was bad. Glad to hear it's fixed now though
    www.crawlerready.com

12. #112 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Well not really an update....but i don't drive the jeep much here, just my motorcycle everywhere. I started the jeep every now and then and let it run for a bit, but other then that it just kinda sits. So anyway the jeep sounded like it was "missing" and so i replaced all the plugs. While taking the wires off one broke, so I got new wires on it too. Jumped in and it started up with a jump from a friend, 1 minute later it die! Well now the damn thing won't start! it turned over, but i don't know that it was turning fast enough to start (sounded like it was to me...but who knows). Now the battery is the shits, which i had the wrong battery in there to begin with because my last one took a shit and the one i replaced it with is the wrong batter and i don't think it has enough Cold cranking amps to start it like it should. So tomorrow I am gonna go buy an optima so i know i have a good battery at least. Any other suggestions of what i could possibly check/what may be wrong.

13. #113 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Bullet bike is now for sale. Moving up to a 600!! Pic on page 4

14. #114 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Love your jeep! The snowy picture right before the new rear bumper has been my comp backround for a while.. Hope mine can look as clean as yours one day. Good work

15. #115 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    No updates really. I work at carquest and put their equivalent of an optima in it Went wheelin on Friday and now I am going this coming up sunday again. I will try and get some pix this time if I think about it or if someone would offer haha. Jeep wouldn't start after the battary fix still, so I bought a coil....problem fixed and now she is running like a champ again!!

Also sold my 250 and bought a GSXR 600 so i will post pictures of that as well so you can see my DD After the bike is paid off... (4 months or so) I will be saving for a tow rig and trailer so I can continue my build on my jeep and no long have to worry about keepin it in one piece. It will undergo som drastic changes here in the next few years (hopefully) thats a long time though! Too little time, too little money!

16. #116 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Sorry for such small pictures, I don't know how to change it for some reason... Anyway... here is the new ride, it's a bit different now. Rear seat cowl, tinted windscreen, new rear tire, swingarm spools, and sliders.

And here are a few wheelin pictures from a few months ago....just haven't had time to put them up.

17. #117 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    thats a good pic of ur ZJ
    nice GSXR by the way!
    96 ZJ Limited, 5.2 with K&N filter, Hi flow cat, Cherry bomb extreme muffler, Clayton long arms 6" lift, Steering box brace from KOR, KOR track bar Conversion,TnT steering, 242 TC, 8.8 with ARB Locker, dana 30, 4.88 gearing, 35 KM2's
    KOR bumpers
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17149
    07 CRF250X

18. #118 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by faststang1 View Post
    thats a good pic of ur ZJ
    nice GSXR by the way!
    Hey thanks!

Okay so I will be doing a few little things to the jeep here in the next month or so. Have a hole in my rear shock so I will be replacing those, also have a shitty tie rod end in the front that needs replacing.

Now I need opinions!! I have the CV style axle shafts in my Grand and need to replace the driverside one, The boot has been ripped for quite some time now and has sand, water and everything else you can think of in it. Now I think i heard that I can get the U-joint style ones out of a cherokee?? Is this true? If so what do i need to look for and is it really worth it? Sorry for the dumb question....need to swap the damn axle out and do some front LA so I can get with the damn build agin.

19. #119 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Been a looooong time since I have updated this and have made some changes to the ZJ since. Went to Moab for EJS with Tyler (crawlerready) and some buddies and had a great time. Prior to EJS I took off all the cladding and bedlined the sides, front bumper, and all the flares. Looks pretty damn good now...sorry for the delay on all the pictures, been super busy. Also modified my rear bumper for a bit more protection and welded up some tail light gaurds to it as well. After EJS I took the roof rack off and all the lights because one of my cross bars broke durring EJS. Now I just have my hi-lift mounted up there. That's about all that has happened....the shocks I bought were too long so I will be looking for new ones of those soon. Next on the list is a spool for the 8.8 though.

Oh....also bought Tyler's tube doors that will also be going on this weekend before moab.

20. #120 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Alright...I've been promising pictures and I am FINALLY getting around to uploading them and getting them on the site....it's just a few but it will have to do. Things that are changed since last pictures. No rack, lights on front winch, cladding off bedliner on, rear bumper with some beef and also welded the tail light guards on, high lift on top, exhaust cut off, rear bump stops extended and beadlocks.

Here it sits now....

You can see the bedliner a bit better in this one.

Bead locks freshly painted and mounted

Bumper beefed

My new ride...06 F250 DSL! 123,000 miles, great condition!

And here are 2 from moab with the tube doors on

21. #121 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Bought an Aussie yesterday for the 8.8. Should be throwing it in within the next few weeks. See how I like it and how much more capable my jeep gets.

I have a 1" slash in my front passanger side tire on the sidewall and it's got a slow leak. I think it is just down to the cords...and I don't know if it is leaking from there or the beadlock itself. Any suggestions?? Throw some rubber cement in there to clog it up a bit? Fix a flat? Slime??

22. #122 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Senior Member it usually runs fine's Avatar
    Spray soapy water on it. If your beadlocks are leaking you will prolly be able to hear the air hissing if you stick your head in the wheel. I have to slime one of my tires everytime i switch my beadlocks.
    Some girls don't like guys like me, but some girls do.

23. #123 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    I will tighten all the bolts down again and make sure they are tight. If that doesnt stop it I will try throwing some slime in it and hope it gets on the sidewall and seals it up.

24. #124 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Senior Member it usually runs fine's Avatar
    My leak was on the rear fortunately so i just jacked it up and put it in gear and let it spin for a while. You can just rotate yours to the rear for a min if its on the front i guess.
    Some girls don't like guys like me, but some girls do.

25. #125 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    looks good man now get some LAs
    93 ZJ long arms, 35's, F/R Long arms, 4.56 gears, and a bunch more
    98 5.9 slate gray 4" lift with stuff (sold)
    96 ZJ Lift, Long arms, 35's and a bunch of other shit! (RIP)
    [ IRONMAN 4X4 FAB ] [ RACELINE WHEELS]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Thread Information