Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

95 ZJ Slow build up - Page 2

Thread: 95 ZJ Slow build up

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaster View Post
    Yeah i thought about that and decided not to because the winch covers up the part that the bumper shows. Any other differences? And I dont think it will bolt right in, will it? or will I need to fab something up?
    no it wont, but im sure it wouldn't be hard to do. just cut the plastic under the grill, and make some brackets... or you could just buy the grill support too from the yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Play View Post
    I'll probably go to Hell for that but fawk it, I'll upgrade my 1st class ticket and go for another pack of peanuts... cremation cost are on the rise anyway.

2. #27 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by cjchamp View Post
    ok, fwiw I really do like your rig and to each his own....however....whats with the huge storage shelf? looks like it blocks your view and seems to be a little hazardous in a roll situation...and I woould delete the plastic loredo siding and rocker gaurd and replace with sliders and leave the doors red....that would complete the black/red look...
    Also is it common to have engine temp issues with the 5.2? is that why you chopped your hood? (i Really dont know, not being a smart ass) I do like the cosmetic hood louvers thogh really make the front look mean!
    overall :thumbsup: good job on doing it yourself!
    The shelf is kind of big, but does not block the view what so ever. It is anchored down to the floor by little hook thing (cant think of the name right now) So its not going anywhere. Planing on getting rid of the plastic on the rocker panel and painting with black bed liner then installing my sliders. I dont have a 5.2 i have a 4.0 (make a difference) thanks for the comments though, I like to see what other people think of it. Also have a question, anyone think I should paint by front bumper black with bedliner, what about the flares? And im leaving the plastic siding, Isnt there holes under them? I may even paint those black.

Quote Originally Posted by tywilson88 View Post
    no it wont, but im sure it wouldn't be hard to do. just cut the plastic under the grill, and make some brackets... or you could just buy the grill support too from the yard.
    Yeah I might look into doing that then in the next few months, money is tight right now.

Update: installed some rock lights tonight, just need to get them wired, will post up some pictures when its all done.

3. #28 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Some pictures of my trip to little moab located in Lehi Utah. Went out saturday and it was a blast.

4. #29 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Pics look good guy but get some sliders before your rockers are haggard
    5 Niner with, RE 3.5 SuperFlex kit, 1" spacers, RE front adj track bar, Rancho RS 5000's, 32'BFG AT's on AR Mojave Teflon coated rims, Kevins LP-1 Sliders, Uniden CB .
    "60% of the time it works Every Time"

5. #30 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Ha ha yeah thanks for the sugg. Im actually running up to rocky road to check theres. Hopefully within the next month or so I will have them. Also got a 231 with SYE that im picking up on Saturday.

6. #31 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    If you are asking for opinions, I think the paint looks good! I'm not into red on trucks (or Jeeps) but yours looks good with the matched flares. No, I don't think there are any holes under the pontoons, just little pegs you would have to grind off and repair with paint and such (no welding). I think that it would be a knockout with out the cladding, and the rear bumper painted, but bed liner and pontoons are durable too.

7. #32 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    in my 98 there were a few, but nothing bondo couldn't fix (if you can't/won't weld) I vote take the plastic off.
    Looks nice and clean btw.
    98 ZJ with 7.5" up front, 6.5 in rear, homemade longarms, and a HUGE to do list

8. #33 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    And bob that tailpipe before the rocks do!

9. #34 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by geesaw View Post
    If you are asking for opinions, I think the paint looks good! I'm not into red on trucks (or Jeeps) but yours looks good with the matched flares. No, I don't think there are any holes under the pontoons, just little pegs you would have to grind off and repair with paint and such (no welding). I think that it would be a knockout with out the cladding, and the rear bumper painted, but bed liner and pontoons are durable too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperanthony View Post
    in my 98 there were a few, but nothing bondo couldn't fix (if you can't/won't weld) I vote take the plastic off.
    Looks nice and clean btw.
    So are you saying to take all the platic off and leave it red? Or leave it on and bedline it? or Take it off and bed line it? And the Rear bumper will be staying bedlined not red. It is steel and the paint chips really easy, and i dont want to constantly be painting it.

Quote Originally Posted by geesaw View Post
    And bob that tailpipe before the rocks do!
    Ha ha funny you mention it, When i went out I slammed it on a rock and pretty much crushed it to half its size. So now it needs to be cut off. Which brings me to my next point. Would you cut it after the muffler, or just cut the tip off? I believe for it to pass inspection the exhause has to exit behind the bumper/or side of the vehicle.

10. #35 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    i say leave it red, even color match it, i just dont really like the color matched fenders with the un-color matched plastic
    98 ZJ with 7.5" up front, 6.5 in rear, homemade longarms, and a HUGE to do list

11. #36 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Ok well I will toss the idea around for a bit and see whether or not i do it. Ya know some pictures of some that people have taken off might help out a bit. I mean ive seen AW but its just hard to tell, I guess im just undecided.

12. #37 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    I would paint the plastic siding the same color as you painted the Iceland Offroad flares. Definately leave the beadliner on the rear bumper, my rock rails look like shit after 8 months of just having paint on them. The paint just doesn't stand up to all the stones the tires kick up.
    5 Niner with, RE 3.5 SuperFlex kit, 1" spacers, RE front adj track bar, Rancho RS 5000's, 32'BFG AT's on AR Mojave Teflon coated rims, Kevins LP-1 Sliders, Uniden CB .
    "60% of the time it works Every Time"

13. #38 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Picked up my 231 with SYE 2 saturdays ago. It is currently in dust collection phase until i get my rear claytons kit. I will be doing my 8.8, tcase, and longarms all at the same time. Also, will be ordering some rock sliders from rocky road in about 2 weeks, and then its another 3 week wait on top of that.

14. #39 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Here some pics of my jeep with the cladding taken off and bedliner on it.
    Rivets ground off no bed liner.
    Finish with bed liner.
    Total cost was like $110.

Sorry for the freakin huge pics.
    Matt
    '95 ZJ,4.slow, 5.5" IRO, 33" trXus M/T

15. #40 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    That actually looks decent. I actually never really noticed but tyler did the same thing but he did his fenders in the bedliner to. The only thing im pissed about is that i spent $120 on paint to paint those flares, and now im just going to be covering them up with bedliner. Because personally i dont htink it will look to good if i just to it in black on the sides without doing the flare to. And then my bumper is still red, which means it would go from black rear bumper to black side, to red front bumper? Im really just debating

16. #41 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Update: Sorry been really busy haven't been able to post up lately. Got some rock lights intalled. They are somewhat like the "round eyes" brand but are called "bright eyes". It is one, one watt LED light, and it is bright as shit, but unfortunatly i will not be posting up pictures of them on because the camera i have is a piece of shit and doesnt take night pictures ha ha. Also installed a CB and antenna, which i will be wiring today....And I bought the 5 point bar tyler was running because he is starting his internal cage, so i will be sure to post up the pictures of that between today and tomorrow.

17. #42 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Here is a crappy picture of the 5 point bar...

Installed..

CB...

18. #43 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    how is that bar anchored???, very clean jeep
    99 WJ, D60/14B, 5.38s, 203/D300, 39.5"s, H1s

It was a jeep thing, but that shit broke

19. #44 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    very nice bar...

i will be doin the same someday... just need to get some suspension seats
    95 ZJ/ 5.2 / HD Dana 44 front / 14b rear / 5.5" CLAYTONS / 38'' Grooved TSL's / CLAYTONS belly skid / NP231 w/sye

20. #45 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by adam99wj View Post
    how is that bar anchored???, very clean jeep
    Thank you, the bar is anchored by 2 bolt on either side. The top one uses the stock seat belt hole, and the bottom one uses the hole under it, it is already threaded, its pretty much a pointless hole, dont really even know why its there.

Quote Originally Posted by zj95 View Post
    very nice bar...

i will be doin the same someday... just need to get some suspension seats
    Yeah, i should be getting some suspension seats here in a little while i hope. Im thinking some Baja ss fixed back Corbeau's. And then if i like the seats, im going to take the bench out of the back and put two back there.

21. #46 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Update: Got my Rocky Road Custom Super Sliders today (by custom i mean that i ordered a special length They look very nice with some great welds, plus you cant really beat a life time warrenty. Anyway I will take some pictures and get them up, im going to get started on them right now so they should be done in a couple hours im hoping.

So stay tuned for pictures.

22. #47 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Ok, well ive got school tomorrow so i just came in. It took a lot longer then expected due to some problems (broken drill bits, no template, and i had to move my rock lights because they were right in the way.) Anyway, got one side done for the most part, now i just have to do the other side which im hoping to get done tomorrow after school or after work. They look really nice on though...perfect fit.

23. #48 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Sorry about the shitty pix, but here are some crappy ones of my sliders installed.

24. #49 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    I will get some more next time i go out wheelin, some pictures of it coming down on a rock.

Anyway, here sare some more pictures i thought you might enjoy.

My moms winter/bad weather daily driver.

My moms other car that is a mazda miata pimped out.

And my new project that is a work in progress. Its a 1953 M38 with a home made body on it. Looks kinda funky but only picked it up for $500 No seats, floor roll cage anything. So im hoping to get that done this summer. Its tires are 45" tall. It will be register to be street legal as a 1953 Jeep special.

25. #50 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    That's kinda funky, but different builds are sweet!
    Poetry in commotion.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Thread Information