Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

95 ZJ Slow build up - Page 3

Thread: 95 ZJ Slow build up

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    That is gonna be a sweet project, I will be interested to see what it looks like when you are done. My Boddy has a flat fender Jeep Willys that I am seriously jealous of.
    5 Niner with, RE 3.5 SuperFlex kit, 1" spacers, RE front adj track bar, Rancho RS 5000's, 32'BFG AT's on AR Mojave Teflon coated rims, Kevins LP-1 Sliders, Uniden CB .
    "60% of the time it works Every Time"

2. #52 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    yeah i got it last winter but never had time to work on it because of football. Now this year i should have some time. I mean, its not going to be much different then what you see now, probably going to paint it all black or camo. It will have 2 seats in it, and the roll cage will be welded in and tied to the frame somehow. Its got a small block chevy in it and it runs great, but the steering on it is a bit questionable. The winch is PTO so its driven off the motor, honestly for 500 bucks i dont think i went wrong.

3. #53 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Well, went up to 5 mile pass to run rattle snake yesterday evening and got back around midnight. Fun trip and everything worked out good, only carnage was a broken mirror, and rolled back off a ledge and landed on my front bumper (which is fiberglass) hard. All it did was scratch up the paint and put a little gouge in it. needless to say, its some strong shit.

Also the first time i got to try the rock lights and sliders, and i must say they are a great combonation together. The sliders exceded my expectations. Unfortunatly i forgot my camera at home, so i was unable to get any pictures. Plus it was raining so it was extremely muddy, and also very dark because all the clouds.

Update as far as whats in progress... Just picked up some used spidertrax from summit machine here in draper for 100bucks for 4., all in great condition. Next purchase will be here in about a week or 2. Which will consist of brackets for the 8.8, a 4:1 kit. Also, a question for ya my 231 has 79,000 miles on it from the previous owner. Should a do a rebuild on it with new chain, seals, and whatever the hell else is in it, or should i just leave it. I had him right me a reciept and he said it works perfectly, so i shouldn't have a problem.

4. #54 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    thats one ugly m38. hows the front iceland bumer holding up. fiberglass scares me but i like the design and price/shipping costs.

5. #55 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Like everyone else i definitally like ur ride looks mean and capable but not like a POS like some rigs. Lot of ur mod im hopefully goin to do with my WJ however being 16 money is tight. Keep up the awesome build!
    2000 WJ. some lift and mods. deathwobble.
    CSM How High Off Road Club

6. #56 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    I'm not bashing here, just inquiring...

What's the point in the 5-point harnesses? It seems like, without a cage, it'd be a bad thing to be constrained in your seat, sitting straight up in the event of a rollover. The driver or passenger wouldn't be able to lean to avoid being crushed by the roof potentially crushing.

7. #57 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    i'm not entirely sure, but it might also help prevent this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0jLLWaCFI

8. #58 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    why did that guy stick his leg out if the door? seriously? Nice build, fiberglass bumpers scare me a bit, love the new hood louvers, i hate those stick on, non functioning plastic scoops, looks to much like a mexi honda or something, or a lowered 4x4 F150. Build looks good, if you keep wheeling it, the paint won't matter soon! Like the rear bumper, it's clean, straight, and does the job. Good job Tyler, how much for one? lol. Have you looked in to regearing?
    93' ZJ, 4.0L, 3" lift, 31's.. SOLD.
    New Ride- 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4, 4.0L, 5-Speed, 4x4.
    NEW JOB!!!!! NEW BABY!!!!
    Now considering another XJ/WJ/ZJ purchase as a baby mover- No room in the Ranger.
    Leaning towards XJ, 99-01.....

9. #59 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosed76 View Post
    why did that guy stick his leg out if the door? seriously? Nice build, fiberglass bumpers scare me a bit, love the new hood louvers, i hate those stick on, non functioning plastic scoops, looks to much like a mexi honda or something, or a lowered 4x4 F150. Build looks good, if you keep wheeling it, the paint won't matter soon! Like the rear bumper, it's clean, straight, and does the job. Good job Tyler, how much for one? lol. Have you looked in to regearing?
    Thanks a lot for the complements. Yes the fiberglass bumper holds up amazing, was backing off a ledge to take a better line at five mile last week and come down HARD on the front bumper, all it did was chew up the paint and took a tiny chunk out of the bottom, nothing too noticable or anything that worried me. And for those of you that dont know, fiberglass is probably one of the easiest things to repair if it really gets to that point. And yes, rear bumper has been tagged several times and has done the job. Tyler is on here under crawlerready.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoX5874 View Post
    i'm not entirely sure, but it might also help prevent this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0jLLWaCFI
    Ha ha that guy is retarted!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddeadserious View Post
    I'm not bashing here, just inquiring...

What's the point in the 5-point harnesses? It seems like, without a cage, it'd be a bad thing to be constrained in your seat, sitting straight up in the event of a rollover. The driver or passenger wouldn't be able to lean to avoid being crushed by the roof potentially crushing.
    What he said, watch the video. You can still move, just a lot safer then a regular seat belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerwj View Post
    Like everyone else i definitally like ur ride looks mean and capable but not like a POS like some rigs. Lot of ur mod im hopefully goin to do with my WJ however being 16 money is tight. Keep up the awesome build!
    Thanks a lot, seems to do the job for me, especially with the stock control arms. And as far as your build is going, get as much done as you can now. Because now that im going into college i will have NO MONEY so you really wont be able to do anything.

10. #60 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Update: Axle brackets for the 8.8 were ordered today!! Should arrive while im in california this next week. Next purchase will be claytons rear long arm and possibly 4:1 kit for the 231 thats going in at the same time.

11. #61 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaster View Post
    Update: Axle brackets for the 8.8 were ordered today!! Should arrive while im in california this next week. Next purchase will be claytons rear long arm and possibly 4:1 kit for the 231 thats going in at the same time.
    Who's brackets did you end up using?
    "Dood, you were a vampire driving a K5 Blazer. And that's the LEAST weird part of the entire story."
    -J B

12. #62 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Oh yeah i forgot to post on the other forum... I went with ballistics. After talking with maxx on here he seems to have had good experience with them when he did his 8.8. And he is going with them again for is 14 bolt. Plus all the brackets were about $90

13. #63 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Good choice man, you shouldn't be disappointed with their products.
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

14. #64 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    I hope so, you should just see what there saying on the other forum... i guess its just a matter of opinion.

15. #65 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    When we finish our piles we need to wheel. I'm curious to see if they do squeak as bad as I've been told they do. Hell, mine will probably squeak knowing my luck.
    "Dood, you were a vampire driving a K5 Blazer. And that's the LEAST weird part of the entire story."
    -J B

16. #66 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    When we finish our piles we need to wheel. I'm curious to see if they do squeak as bad as I've been told they do. Hell, mine will probably squeak knowing my luck.
    We will go wheelin when we get them done. I feel ya on that luck part, im known for not being to lucky.
    Last edited by grandmaster; 07-07-2008 at 09:08 PM.

17. #67 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Just got back from spending a week in Cali, what a blast!! And if any of you live there, surfing is a must try. Anyway, arrived home and had a package at more door step. All the 8.8 brackets have arrived and are now ready to be burnt in. Rear Claytons kit should be order within the next week, 2 tops.

18. #68 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Ordered today: Adaper flange for 8.8, Claytons rear long arm setup, Currie 2 low conversion, 8.8 bearings and seals, 8.8 overhaul kit. Should be hear soon, i hope i caught fullsizexjgear before he left today so he could ship my claytons kit. Will be installing it when it shows up.

19. #69 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    An update on parts: Adapter flange for 8.8 showed up today, as well as my tera 2 low conversion. Now im just waiting on my LA's and im going to napa tomorrow to get some bearings and seals for the 8.8 tomorrow.

20. #70 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Another little update:
    I officially have everything ready to do my swap (I think) there is still stuff i have to get when im done, (bumpstops, limiting straps, driveshaft. etc..) But im going to tear down the axle Thursday and put new bearings, seals, and all that good stuff in it, as well as make sure it is straight. Here are a few pictures of everything (except my LA because they hadn't shown up yet)

Pretty...

More Pictures to come as i do the install

21. #71 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    lookin good man....
    93' ZJ, 4.0L, 3" lift, 31's.. SOLD.
    New Ride- 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4, 4.0L, 5-Speed, 4x4.
    NEW JOB!!!!! NEW BABY!!!!
    Now considering another XJ/WJ/ZJ purchase as a baby mover- No room in the Ranger.
    Leaning towards XJ, 99-01.....

22. #72 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Thanks. I started today, forgot my camera so i didnt take any pictures, sorry. Pretty much just tore down the 8.8 and got it all cleaned up, had to order bearings and shit because i forgot about them, but they will be picked up tomorrow. Got the t-case out, which was a pain in the ass because the lowest nut was stripped out and then wouldnt turn so i had to grind the stud and all off of it. Wont start working on it again tell monday. I plan on getting the new t-case in with the tera 2 low installed, and hopefully get the axle put back together and get the d35 out. I will try and remember to get pictures and keep you updated.

23. #73 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    T-case out

249 left, 231 right

231 apart ready for new seals and tera 2 low

Rear axle out.

Beef...not a 60, but the 31 splines should do me well...

8.8 torn down for bearings, seals and brackets.

Out with the old

In with the new

Sorry for the shitty pictures ha ha... Everything "frame" side is ready to be welded up, which i plan on getting to tomorrow. Then the axle will go under and get ready for brackets and tubes welded. After everything is the way it need to be the gears, seals and bearing will go in.

The tcase is laying apart because i swapped input shafts and im putting new seals in it... and here is the lame part. The SYE on the 231 is made by Currie, the seal in it doesnt have a number, just says Currie. Went to napa and they dont have anything like it, so i called currie and it turns out they are the only ones who make the seal, so I ordered it and it will be here friday, so i will plan on putting the tcase together then.
    Last edited by grandmaster; 08-05-2008 at 11:17 PM.

24. #74 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Well i got her all finished up yesterday, just been really busy. I will post up some pictures when i get a minute. Also ordered some bumpstops and limiting straps.

25. #75 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Finally got some time to sit down and get this posted up. Finished it up on Tuesday, Ford 8.8 w/3.55's and ABS, NV231J W/Tera 2 Low and SYE, Claytons rear LA setup, Spidertrax wheel spacers, extended brake line, Daystar extended 6" bumpstops, Ballistic Fab brackets, GRS double cardan drive shaft, Aero Turbine muffler. And some disconnect mudflaps i made so the fuzz would stay off my ass, and i can pass inspection.

Here are a few pictures
    Tcase

Long Arms and 8.8

Drive Shaft

Disconnect Mudflaps

Wheel Spacers

Muffler

Installed

And that is it for a while, I'm headed to St. George for college on Tuesday, and im officially broke. I owe my parents $200 bucks, no big deal cuz it will be part of my first pay check.

Also got a new camera, a Kodak Easyshare, 12MP and takes HD video. Its pretty nice, has tons of settings and a panaramic picture taking setting, i tried it out, and i dont know if it will work on a website, but here is a picture of my back yard...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Thread Information