Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Finally got my ZJ done! - Page 2

Thread: Finally got my ZJ done!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    I got the Currie Steering from a lucky draw. It's for TJs. Some how it fit ZJ
    97 5.2;NP231,RE 6.5"LA;ACOS;Dynatrac D44/ProRock60 & ARBs;ARB front bumper/remote Warn/Viking line;KOR rear carrier bumper,rack,slidz,diff skit;RonDavis Alum radiator/E fan;Fitch Catakyst;FIPK;front SwayLoc & rear AntiRock;Kings;Hellas;Hi steer/brace/TomLee ram assist;4XD tank skid;35"KM2 beadlocked 5&5.5 lugs;Hushpower II;hood vents

2. #27 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    ZJ, TJ, and XJ front suspension and steering setups are identical.
    Poetry in commotion.

3. #28 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    That Currie steering is beef for sure, nothing to be ashamed of there

My only two major issues with the Inverted Y steering are that on a lifted rig toe changes happen during regular suspension movement on the street

And that you need two high angle TRE's to keep from bending parts during maximum front end flex on Inverted Y (same drawback on most true crossover setups though)
    Where as you only need the one at the pitman on inverted T (which is why I'm leaning towards going YJ style steering on mine & working towards dialing out the deadspot, but to be honest that dead spot never really bothered me on my YJ's so?)
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Knit up a yj beast

4. #29 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Quote Originally Posted by gonecheenin View Post
    That Currie steering is beef for sure, nothing to be ashamed of there

My only two major issues with the Inverted Y steering are that on a lifted rig toe changes happen during regular suspension movement on the street

And that you need two high angle TRE's to keep from bending parts during maximum front end flex on Inverted Y (same drawback on most true crossover setups though)
    Where as you only need the one at the pitman on inverted T (which is why I'm leaning towards going YJ style steering on mine & working towards dialing out the deadspot, but to be honest that dead spot never really bothered me on my YJ's so?)
    Currie people said the steering is design for 6" lift (my is around 8").
    Does steering brace help with the situation? I am learning something everyday on this forum!
    97 5.2;NP231,RE 6.5"LA;ACOS;Dynatrac D44/ProRock60 & ARBs;ARB front bumper/remote Warn/Viking line;KOR rear carrier bumper,rack,slidz,diff skit;RonDavis Alum radiator/E fan;Fitch Catakyst;FIPK;front SwayLoc & rear AntiRock;Kings;Hellas;Hi steer/brace/TomLee ram assist;4XD tank skid;35"KM2 beadlocked 5&5.5 lugs;Hushpower II;hood vents

5. #30 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Quote Originally Posted by rtingdds View Post
    Currie people said the steering is design for 6" lift (my is around 8").
    Does steering brace help with the situation? I am learning something everyday on this forum!
    I would imagine currie said that because of the extremely high angles that an inverted Y setup sees at with that much lift. you probably don't have much downtravel on the passenger side before the tie rod ends start to bind, which will lead to bent/ broken steering components. the TREs only have so much travel in them, and you're using most of it in one direction at ride height. if you're going to keep it that high you might want to look into a different style of steering. unless you're using your zj for high speed stuff or impressing highschool girls, if it were me i'd go a little lower on the lift height - somewhere around 5-6 inches. that way it would be more stable and less demanding on steering and drivetrain components and still clear 35s without murdering the fenders. ultmately it's your jeep and your money, so what you end up doing is really up to you.

btw you need to get that thing dirty... it's way too built to be sitting around

edit: steering brace won't fix the "problem" but it will help keep the box from ripping off the uniframe
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

6. #31 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    FYI,
    I lifted a ZJ to 8ish or just over with Claytons LAs and tons of other goodies.

I installed Curries steering and the angle was soo bad that under flex it SNAPPED the passenger side TRE (draglink) at the knuckle. I got replaced then had to cut and flip his steering to achieve perfect angles.

The Currie TREs are not meant for extreme angles so beware !

IndyZJ beat me to the post, but the same topic.
    Last edited by AprilzWarrior; 02-25-2008 at 01:15 AM.
    Solid HP60 40 Spline 300M shafts
    Built 14B. 40 Spline 300M shafts

Quote Originally Posted by DankNesS
    MallCrawlin is like the mafia... if someone doesnt vouch for you then they just rip into you on every post

7. #32 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    who makes the steering set up for you guys?
    I will go wheeling as soon as I don't have to work weekends to pay the bills.

8. #33 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    get some one ton over the axle steering. Mine is .250 wall tube with 1 ton ends from tntcustoms.com for 414(yeah....), you can get same steering, with not QUITE .250 wall tube from jcroffroad.com for like 250ish plus shipping

I recommend you make your own.
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

9. #34 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    nice jeep!! super clean for now!!!!! lets get some action shots on so we can whoa all over those as well!!!
    RED 95 ZJ, 7.5" Rustys, custom LA, 35's, Ford 9" w/ trac lock, HP30, 4.56f&r, custom f&r bumpers, flowmaster, adjustible front tracbar, rustys steering conversion...(hate it)

Soon to Come: HP D44, sliders

10. #35 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    more pics of the rear Currie AntiRock sawybar

11. #36 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Sweet ZJ....I want..lol
    96 ZJ Limited, 5.2 with K&N filter, Hi flow cat, Cherry bomb extreme muffler, Clayton long arms 6" lift, Steering box brace from KOR, KOR track bar Conversion,TnT steering, 242 TC, 8.8 with ARB Locker, dana 30, 4.88 gearing, 35 KM2's
    KOR bumpers
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17149
    07 CRF250X

12. #37 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Straight badass. way to go

13. #38 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    I still want to see some flex shots or something. Looks nice though.
    95 zj, KOR 7" long arm kit, lockrights front and rear, 285/75/16 (32.9x10.3) on rock crawler 16x8x4.5bs, kevins track bar with a home brew conversion, K&N FIPK, and Rubicon Express gen II discos.

Ready for install... home brew sliders
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/sho...hlight=sliders
    Dr. Mambo
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/sho...ighlight=mambo

14. #39 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    I understand that the Currie type anti-sway bars can allow sufficient flex so as to not require disconnects off road. But how do they compare to the stock bar in terms of roll stiffness on the road?
    '96 GC Laredo V8; Tom Woods front U-Joint Shaft; Kevins sliders; 4.5" RE springs; Kevin's track bar conversion; JKS short arms, discos, and track bars; Pro Comp 16x8 mags with 305/70/16 Mud rovers.

Support Our Troops!!!

15. #40 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    nice shock boots!
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

16. #41 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I understand that the Currie type anti-sway bars can allow sufficient flex so as to not require disconnects off road. But how do they compare to the stock bar in terms of roll stiffness on the road?
    Can't really tell you. I have Addco front sway bar, which is very stiff and good for on road already. So I can't feel how stiff the rear bar is. But I do know the factory rear bar is mighty weak!

17. #42 got a minor facelift 

18. #43 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    one word....SEXY!

19. #44 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Looks like you went to crossover steering. Get that thing out of the driveway yet?
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

20. #45 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    got trail?

95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

21. #46 got some pics before the facelift, Big Bear & Rubicon Trail 

22. #47 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Very good looking rig. Nice to see some action shots.
    96 5.2 4" F2R 32x11.5 BFG AT

23. #48 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Very nice
    RIP 2004 WJ - 3.5' lift , JKS Disconnect and 33's
    NO! Shinobi's Jeep up side down on the news

2001 WJ - 6" Clayton , 35's BFG AT KOs , and buch of stuff
    Insurance Settlement Build

24. #49 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Awesome rig!

Btw, what hood vents are those?
    93 ZJ V8

25. #50 Re: Finally got my ZJ done! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandsrus View Post
    Awesome rig!

Btw, what hood vents are those?
    Shoot!
    I forgot! got it a while ago. maybe you can google it, it came a set of 4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information