Thread: 350/700/231/xj?

1. #1 350/700/231/xj? 
    i have a xj id like to put this trio in. I have read i can use a chevy 231 with a little work. that would eliminate the need for a adapter. If anyone out there has actually DONE something similar to this id appreciate any advice. thanks
    disappointment is the result of unrealistic expectations.

2. #2 Re: 350/700/231/xj? 
    What all came bolted to the 700? Was a 231 available? Obviously, it would be easiest to pick some sort of factory combination there.
    Fortunately, we're not getting nearly as much government control as we're paying for.

3. #3 Re: 350/700/231/xj? 
    The whole combo would bolt together no problem. 700r4s came behind 350s and 231s came behind 700r4s, but I don't think they all came in the same vehicle. Get the tranny and t-case out of an 88-92 s-10 with a 4.3(i know these years have the 700 and 231 for sure, don't know about others). As a matter of fact I've got a gm rebuilt 700r4 and 231c sitting in the garage looking for a good home
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

4. #4 Re: 350/700/231/xj? 
    can you read "actually done something like this?"?? guess not. any intellegent answers boys and girls? how about a 700 r4 behind a late model 4.0? anyone DONE this? I know it will bolt together you knee biters but to get it in and working tips from someone who has actually owned a wrench would be great thanks.
    disappointment is the result of unrealistic expectations.

5. #5 Re: 350/700/231/xj? 
    WOW...these guys were just trying to help out and give whatever info they had. Good luck getting anything now.

p.s.
    Remember...this is a ZJ forum...not XJ. Finding somebody who has done this in an XJ here may be a bit difficult.

6. #6 Re: 350/700/231/xj? 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by hurstolds View Post
    can you read "actually done something like this?"?? guess not. any intellegent answers boys and girls? how about a 700 r4 behind a late model 4.0? anyone DONE this? I know it will bolt together you knee biters but to get it in and working tips from someone who has actually owned a wrench would be great thanks.

Thread closed. Have a nice day.

Attitude like that to people who are trying to help you will get you nowhere on this site.

Thread Information