Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Fastback ZJ - FOR SALE - Page 3

Thread: Fastback ZJ - FOR SALE

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Because your missing the boot maybe?
    Black 97 ZJ, 4.0, 242, Clayton LA 4.5" lift +2"spacers, TW DS, 8.8 4.10's, HPD30 4.11, WJ steering conversion, 1 ton flip, PSC , KOR TB conversion, Front axle Currie JJ bushing conversion, Baja Claws 33's, Custom front & rear bumpers, Rear tire carrier, rock sliders
    Works in progress->...
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/P1010203.jpg

2. #52 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Quote Originally Posted by BLK97ZJ View Post
    Because your missing the boot maybe?
    Yeah, I even bought new boots to put on, but it said that you aren't supposed to use boots with these ends....I don't think they are gonna last long or I'll just figure something else out.

3. #53 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    I like the spare tire carrier idea.... takes up a fair bit of space.... but it's not hanging off the back of the Jeep either.

Nice ZJ!

4. #54 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    whatup tyler you aught to become a vendor over here....once crawlerready.com is completely finished up
    97 V8 zj.
    35"KM2s.aussies,4.88s,full chromos,1 ton hi steer in the 44/8.8.KOR/Clayton longarms.
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//sh...ad.php?t=17603

03 Cobra with horsepowers

5. #55 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeperoni91 View Post
    whatup tyler you aught to become a vendor over here....once crawlerready.com is completely finished up
    Yeah, I will once I start pushing it more. School has got me pretty tied up for the most part, so I haven't had time to work on the site much. The spacers should be coming pretty soon though

6. #56 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    good, i'm thinking about getting some spacers this spring (from crawlerready) to "make up for the weight of the bumpers, sliders and skids" that i'm going to get over summer....and then i'll be able to fit 33s too

at least thats what i'm telling my dad because he's like "why does it need to be any higher" because he doesn't want me to spend my money on stupid stuff for my jeep.
    97 V8 zj.
    35"KM2s.aussies,4.88s,full chromos,1 ton hi steer in the 44/8.8.KOR/Clayton longarms.
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//sh...ad.php?t=17603

03 Cobra with horsepowers

7. #57 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    very sick.. i think it was a good idea dropping the lift height like that. wicked build bro ill be staying tunned

8. #58 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    Welcome to the dark side.

When I first saw the rig I thought "gee, 9.5" lift, RK kit, and dana 44. where do I start" lol. But I've been out on the trail with it and it works really well...and reasonably stable at 9.5". But it'll be uber bitchen at 6.5".

I liked his rear bumper so much I made him make me one.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

9. #59 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Welcome to the dark side.

When I first saw the rig I thought "gee, 9.5" lift, RK kit, and dana 44. where do I start" lol. But I've been out on the trail with it and it works really well...and reasonably stable at 9.5". But it'll be uber bitchen at 6.5".

I liked his rear bumper so much I made him make me one.
    Yeah, I finally decided to come over here from NAGCA....I mean the chit-chat over there is great, but like everyone knows...where's the tech?

Im way stoked to take it out to LM to test it all out. How's that rear bumper workin for ya? Hasn't fallen off yet?

10. #60 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    I haven't even moved the jeep since I got home to be honest. I would have driven it today, but with a broken hub and a rear locker the thing doesn't like to track very straight in the snow.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

11. #61 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    That bumper is pretty sick. Is that the kind of stuff you're going to have on your site? Mostly metal fab stuff or items from other manufacturers?

12. #62 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZJ Pappy View Post
    That bumper is pretty sick. Is that the kind of stuff you're going to have on your site? Mostly metal fab stuff or items from other manufacturers?
    Mostly it will just be stuff from other manufacturers....but I'm getting into manufacturing myself. As for metal fab stuff....right now I just do local work and builds because I like to have the vehicle there so that I know the fit is perfect or damn near. I'll start offering that rear bumper on the site for ZJ's though come June.

13. #63 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    aaahh! whats up tyler! Tons-O-Fun from myspace.
    glad to see you found your way over here! but it looks like im a little behind on things, been spending too much time over at TC.

well the build looks awesome! and definitely keep us posted!
    1993 ZJ 4.0L, chopped back, 4.5 RE short arm, modded RK 4link rear, NP231 swap, 33" BFGs.
    Tube Chassis Rock Buggy, ((Under Construction)) HD44, HD60, full hydro, 39.5" IROKs, 4link frnt/rear, air shocks frnt/rear
    2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD QC/LB tow rig. 6" superlift, 37s, in-dash DVD, rear cam, system, chip, intake, straight pipe, etc.
    -myspace-

14. #64 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Quote Originally Posted by CerberusZJ View Post
    aaahh! whats up tyler! Tons-O-Fun from myspace.
    glad to see you found your way over here! but it looks like im a little behind on things, been spending too much time over at TC.

well the build looks awesome! and definitely keep us posted!
    Hey how's it goin?! Where's your build-thread? Yeah, I made the transition over here finally

I'll throw some more pictures up with the winch and all when I pull it out of the garage this weekend.

15. #65 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    what coils are you running currently?

I saw something about RE 3.5 fronts in rear, is this still the case?

if so what fronts?

Any spacers on it?
    95 ZJ/ 5.2 / HD Dana 44 front / 14b rear / 5.5" CLAYTONS / 38'' Grooved TSL's / CLAYTONS belly skid / NP231 w/sye

16. #66 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    I think that he is running the rk 7" rear spring in the front. I think that he may be running 2" spacers.
    95 Grand Cherokee V8 RE 3.5" + 2" spacers, Clayton Long Arms, RE front adj. Track Bar, Ford 8.8 w/ Detroit Truetrac, JKS quick discos, 3" FM 40 + Carsound Cat, 33" Maxxis Bighorn Radial, KOR radiator support, KOR LP1 sliderz, Ford E-Fan swap, tranny and gas skidz, more crap...

overlandgears.com

17. #67 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    yeah that is what im thinkin...

But if thats true and his math is right (He says he has 6.5")

then a RE front coil in the rear only gives you 4"?

But a stock F>R will give you that, so im confused...
    Last edited by zj95; 03-15-2008 at 03:31 AM.
    95 ZJ/ 5.2 / HD Dana 44 front / 14b rear / 5.5" CLAYTONS / 38'' Grooved TSL's / CLAYTONS belly skid / NP231 w/sye

18. #68 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Rawr Lifetime Supporter jfowlzj95's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zj95 View Post
    Pfff no you're not.

I'm thinking its RE 3.5" FRONT coils in the rear (with raised perches?), 7" RK REAR coils up front with the 2" spacers.
    Jon

95 ZJ, it gone.
    07 Cummins Fire Truck, it tow.
    76 J-10, 'Heep' Jeep.
    06 Boobicon, it wheel.

19. #69 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Yep tyler built my rear bumper too, just put it on a few weeks back. He does some good work. He is running 2" spacers, but im not sure about the springs.

20. #70 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    Damn man, props on that monster. Im jealous.

21. #71 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 

But if thats true and his math is right (He says he has 6.5")

then a RE front coil in the rear only gives you 4"?

But a stock F>R will give you that, so im confused...
    So I haven't been on this site is quite sometime, but I'll start posting up again since I just got back from GSW and well.....I guess I like you guys ha ha .

As for my current setup, it's tough to explain. I've got my 2" spacers all around with no stock isolators up front and I kept the stock isolators in the rear, then RE 3.5" front springs in the rear, RK 7" rear springs in the front, and then I also have 2.5" of lift from my spring perches both front and rear. When I add that all up....well actually I can't add it up because I don't know how it is only 6.5". Either way Cody and I measured it out one day and fully loaded with my tools and my spare in the back it seems to sit at 6.5"

22. #72 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    cool... i have the 3.5 springs out back and 1" spacers no stock isolator.. then i have 7" springs up front with isolator.

the rear is 3/4" higher then the front.

So it seams that RE 3.5 front springs give the rear about 7"... atleast in my case

23. #73 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    cool... i have the 3.5 springs out back and 1" spacers no stock isolator.. then i have 7" springs up front with isolator.

the rear is 3/4" higher then the front.

So it seams that RE 3.5 front springs give the rear about 7"... atleast in my case
    Yeah it's a good setup. My rear springs may not even be RE 3.5" springs either...Cody actually hooked me up with them and said he wasn't 100% sure what they were but he thought they might be RE 3.5" fronts. Either way they worked out and keep me sitting pretty level.

24. #74 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    That rear bumper held up well.

I dig your rig man!
    Project Never-ending
    1997 ZJ - sold
    www.tntcustoms.com

25. #75 Re: Intro post...ZJ build 
    kinda late in the game but the rk arms are high clearance, they are flipped in the earlier pic because of what he said no matter what the jam nuts work loose and the arm rotates. The new arms with the rubber bushing on one end arent for a more comfortable ride, they are so the arm doesnt rotate upside down anymore. Im on RK 7 inch coils all around with a 1 inch spacer and isolaters in the rear and teraflex adjustable spacers and isolaters in the front. The RK stuff has been good to me so far, they are also working on their x factor steering to work for us zj guys who are lifting up past 7inches. They have new heims that allow you to mount the knuckle to knuckle tie rod under the knuckle like stock but maintain the same clearance as the heims they used above the knuckle. This allows the use of a misalignment spacer for the draglink. I gotta head down there and grab the new heims and stuff to swap mine out. Anyway back on topic nice ZJ and i wish there was a gsne or something cuz gse is too far south for me.
    Josh

98 XJ low and slow on 35s

http://www.rok-freekz.com

Thread Information