Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! - Page 5

Thread: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. #101 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    i'm out, going to try to have the rig in full operating condition for Big Dogs/ grandslam east in the begining of june.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

2. #102 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    I plan on camping @ the Attica campground and arriving Friday evening. Anyone else? Jeremy
    96 ZJ, Locked on 35's

3. #103 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Just a week and a half left

I should have everything buttoned up, all I got left is to drill out the transfer case linkage bracket and reinstall, and then taper the spring retainer post and I'm ready!
    Ken

99 Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO High Clearance Long Arms, F&R D44s locked/trussed, 4.10's, 242HD, KMA Bumper, 33" Yokohama Mud Rovers + Lot's more

4. #104 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    The class retard Lifetime Supporter ajmorell's Avatar
    A week and a half and I got a grocery list of shit to get done. Luckily I have all of next week to work on it

5. #105 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    I'm still going to make it but it looks like my front ds upper is cracking and the lowers (skyjackers) are almost rusted through... I'm using it as an excuse to build a LA setup for the front Thank god I'm done with finals on friday - it's gonna be a long week
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

6. #106 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    I'm still going to make it but it looks like my front ds upper is cracking and the lowers (skyjackers) are almost rusted through... I'm using it as an excuse to build a LA setup for the front Thank god I'm done with finals on friday - it's gonna be a long week
    Maybe you will win the IRO adjustable lowers, that should get you by until you can build your LAs
    Ken

99 Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO High Clearance Long Arms, F&R D44s locked/trussed, 4.10's, 242HD, KMA Bumper, 33" Yokohama Mud Rovers + Lot's more

7. #107 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Quote Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
    Maybe you will win the IRO adjustable lowers, that should get you by until you can build your LAs
    Haha that would be sweet, but I was poking around at it the other day and put a screwdriver through one of the lower CAs... Damn I hate rust. It shouldn't be too bad - I've been collecting stuff to do it for a while now and just need some tubing for the arms.
    scrotum.

8. #108 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Sorry I have been so busy lately! Classes just keep on demanding time. I've updated the first post with the drivers.

No, I am not on that list as of now... things are up in the air on a few levels! Jeep-Family event-Summer research... yikes...

9. #109 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    So it looks like we have 11 listed, I know there are two more, so that's 13. Last year we had 13 total, and we need to grow, so we need a couple more. Ask around, threaten someone, I don't care, just get some more Grands for this run
    Ken

10. #110 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    I am there with my son
    and another Grand from St Louis, we are finishing up his lift and sliders but the plan is Both of us having our Grand there.

11. #111 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Bring something warm for the evenings!

Fri
    May 9
    63° high
    42° low
    50% chance precip.

Sat
    May 10
    Partly Cloudy
    69° high
    51° low
    20% chance precip

Sun
    May 11
    Showers
    57° high
    45° low
    40% chance precip.
    Last edited by bgcntry72; 05-08-2008 at 07:44 AM.

12. #112 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    No time for longarms this week. I'm going to throw together some short lowers today to get it there . Also have to redo my sliders (driver side got destroyed in a wreck and I didn't like them much anyway) and put the front driveshaft back in. Planning on being there tomorrow around 4:30.

Should have plenty of mud - it's been raining pretty much all week here, but it's supposed to be mostly dry this weekend. I-70 is done but there's some construction on the west side of 465 in case anybody's gonna be on there. Gas is $3.85 in central IN for regular and diesel's at $4.19 as of today.

That about covers it. Off to the steel yard
    scrotum.

13. #113 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    I will be there but I am taking the southern route!! wife changed my plans. I have to go to TN pick up my son then head up 41 to Attica. then Sunday reverse that. All when gas is too damm much...

Ken I wont be at your place Friday morning!! I plan on leaving TN before 10 am so I should still be there around 3 or 4.

The other guy , Jeff, will leave St Louis later friday if he still goes, I think he will, he was getting sick.but he has a lot of work in his Grand to skip it.

14. #114 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Jeeps loaded on the trailer and ready to wheel. Have a buddy in an XJ thats coming up Saturday afternoon. No rain today here in Evansville. Maybe it will pass.
    96 ZJ, Locked on 35's

15. #115 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    I just finished up all the bullshit loose ends I had and packed up pretty much everything. I think we are leaving around 2 or 3 tomorrow so we should be down there around 6 or 7.

16. #116 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    FWIW, I'm also bringing a crap load of tools and stuff like ATF, 80-90,RTV, anti-freeze, etc. I'm not bringing any power tools but I pretty much have any hand tools we might need to work on anything.

17. #117 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    I'm sorry guys, but I am not able to make it on this trip I'm not happy about it, but there really is not much I can do about it.

Have a wonderful time guys!

-Tim

18. #118 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    It won't be the same without you man
    Ken

19. #119 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    SON OF A BITCH!!!

Getting ready to go to bed and was getting a drink of water from the fridge, and I hear water running from the laundry room. POS water heater busted and water is everywhere. The damn thing is only 4 years old, I woke the wife up and told her she was getting a cold shower in the morning and that she needed to call someone from church or a friend and ask them for help if she didn't want to take a cold shower all weekend...yea that's right, I got my priorities in order

I'll see you guys tomorrow
    Ken

20. #120 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Great run guy's, appreciate all that made it. It was a gret time of some pretty hard wheeling without too much carnage. I actually made it 5 miles from home before I sheared off the rear caliper bolts and and dropped it on the side of the road. It's interesting trying to limp home using low gear and an emergency break

I'll see if I can't get to some of the pic's up soon. Oh and I found the coveted video of the trip, I won't say what it is, but it made a loud bang and people when ohhhhh, and then someone was done for the day
    Ken

21. #121 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    My son played the video clip over and over on the way home!!! It is haliriousYou MUST have sounds when you play it!!!!!

Minor Carnage, steering stabilizer, rocker panel rash and tail pipe.

It was a great trip , Ken has all the pics or well most of them, I will have Jeff load his up here also

I get the long haul award should be right at 1300 miles I will check tomorrow forgot to look at trip odometer!!!!!
    Last edited by markr; 05-12-2008 at 01:02 AM.

22. #122 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    I was only able to make it down for Saturday and only ran the creek trail with the group but we definitely had a blast! Only damage is a smashed trans crossmember and chipped/ slightly cracked the housing on the 249 (oh well) from a nasty drop off (for 2" of lift and 31s) and a few mandatory scrapes . Lost a weight on the front driveshaft, too. Can't wait for next year - hopefully nothing pops up that I have to go home early for next time
    scrotum.

23. #123 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Ahhh, the clip is ready:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...73285764297036

as for my carnage list:

- nice dent above the rear window below the roof rack (hey it was either lay on the tree or roll it
    - tore that front KMA to pieces and bent the inner support
    - Lots of tree and rock rash
    - Smashed center cap
    - seperated rear caliper on the way home.

Here's a teaser flex pic:
    Ken

24. #124 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Here are some of the pic's I have:

Jeff

Andy

Eddie

me

Mark

MJ

Jeremy

Jeff

Helping Dad

Scott

These maynot be available immediately, but here are the video links for the ones I've uploaded:

IRO Skid test

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6430208862796737858

Little climb in the quarry:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6859039834303444898
    Ken

25. #125 Re: GS-MW 2008 @ the Badlands! 
    Well, the ARB is toast.
    3 teeth missing from each of the spider gears.
    The drivers side gear is fused to the carrier, which allowed me to make it home with the passenger side gear useless.
    The locker is now a paperweight, and will likely be replaced with a Detroit by next weekend.
    Tearing it down at the park would not have saved it, as the side gear seemed to fuse as I came down, and never released. I am assuming some spider gear metal got under it.
    Otherwise, and even so, it was a great weekend with some great new friends.
    I won't go name by name, but some people took care of me all day on Saturday, and I appreciate it greatly.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Thread Information