Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

help me decide on a tire purchase - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which tires should I get

Voters
4584103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cooper Discoverers

4,584,103 100.00%
  • Intero Thornbirds

0 0%

Thread: help me decide on a tire purchase

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    No place like mountains Lifetime Supporter InIt4TheFun's Avatar
    Got my bighorns from discount tire on Grand and Bell. They had to special order them.

I am a big discount tire fan!!!

I have a BFG AT that I messed up on the trail and they are willing to give me a new one (bought road damage) even tho I told them I damaged it 4 wheeling.

They said we will replace it as long as it is not the norm. Since they are willing to replace my BFG AT, I ordered the bighorns thru them.

I know that they should not replaced my BFG tire (only have 2k on them) but they are willing to work with me and they come out in the long run cause they treated me right when they did not have to.
    "In almost ANY situation, or dealing with any controversial issue, the two extreme solutions are almost always never correct, and the best course of action lies somewhere in between." -J B

"I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!" - General Beringer

2. #27 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    Thanks for all the input everyone. I decided on the Coopers. I got them on with a little more trimming and some pounding. They rub on the sway bars when connected. Oh well...

Last edited by cooperzj; 12-10-2007 at 11:31 PM.
    My Junk
    ! ______
    / ] ] ]\___\,__
    L--|-|-|---[]|||[]
    ()_)....()_)---)_)

93' 5.2L, 35" Cooper Discovers, Custom Bumpers, CB, SOA rear, 8.8, 4.5" front springs, Warn M8000, 231, some other junk.

3. #28 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    Does that roof rack even hold your man purse?
    WJ-OME-JKS-KEVINS-32' BFGS-SOLD
    WK-DayStar-Spidertrax-BFGS-whoohoo

Search, helping dumbasses everywhere.

4. #29 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekL View Post
    Does that roof rack even hold your man purse?
    That was my first welding project. I made it out of a bed frame I found dumped in the woods. It would of been bigger, but that was all the metal there was. And yeah, it's big enough to hold the spare 35", some lights and it helps keep the antenna on when it hits branches. I'll make a bigger roof rack some day- This one does the job though.

The only size rack I'm concerned with is your moms.
    My Junk
    ! ______
    / ] ] ]\___\,__
    L--|-|-|---[]|||[]
    ()_)....()_)---)_)

93' 5.2L, 35" Cooper Discovers, Custom Bumpers, CB, SOA rear, 8.8, 4.5" front springs, Warn M8000, 231, some other junk.

5. #30 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    This thread is great.
    Project Never-ending
    1997 ZJ - sold
    www.tntcustoms.com

6. #31 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    This thread is great.
    Seriously, and 4.5 million to ZERO in voting for the tires, I mean wow.

7. #32 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    LOL!
    Fortunately, we're not getting nearly as much government control as we're paying for.

8. #33 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    Rickbeer,

I still want to run Lower Terminator with you while I am in the phoenix area. Will be here till end of Jan. Would be great to do the trail with ya.

Got the Maxxis Bighorns installed (305/70/17). Impressed with low level noise on highway. Can't wait to see how they blow away the replaced BFG AT's on the trail

Getting 4xGuard new HC side rails and want to test them 2

Last edited by InIt4TheFun; 12-16-2007 at 04:28 PM.
    "In almost ANY situation, or dealing with any controversial issue, the two extreme solutions are almost always never correct, and the best course of action lies somewhere in between." -J B

9. #34 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    Quote Originally Posted by InIt4TheFun View Post
    Rickbeer,

I still want to run Lower Terminator with you while I am in the phoenix area. Will be here till end of Jan. Would be great to do the trail with ya.

Got the Maxxis Bighorns installed (305/70/17). Impressed with low level noise on highway. Can't wait to see how they blow away the replaced BFG AT's on the trail

Getting 4xGuard new HC side rails and want to test them 2

That is one "Purty" Jeep... I can read your neibors house address on your reflection...
    Defitnly we need to wheel again before you head back up the mountain.. Looks like the first or 2nd week in Jan. will work the best.. We can warm up on Lower Raw Deal then tackle Lower Terminator.. There is a poss. I might be involved in the Jeep 101 Training class in January also
    Attached Images  

10. #35 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    Quote Originally Posted by rickbeer View Post
    That is one "Purty" Jeep...
    Like my jeep like I like my woman. She cleans up nice but she loves running trails .

Awesome pic:
    Last edited by InIt4TheFun; 12-16-2007 at 06:49 PM.

11. #36 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    We mite be up on that 1 too...You guys know that mine & Kevins B-Days (8th & 5th) of JAN, I asked him if he wanted to do a B-Day run ...This would work...M...
    98 ZJ 5.2 - 35/12.5 Kevlar MT/Rs - JKS (Modified) Quicker-Discos - www.KevinsOffRoad.com - LP1 Sliderz/(SOLD*X-Member Skid*& 33's SOLD) /Light bar w/Remote lights - 2.25 + RE 3.5 Lift - Cobra Ultra III 40 /Fire stick - Bomb - XJ Front DS - 10K w/wired & wireless - Aussie - Garmin - Flex-a-lite - www.ironrockoffroad.com - Auburn E-locker - A few dents
    & a GREAT DANE hanging out the window... (GREAT DANE Died... New one will fill window soon...)
    ..."GOT GAS"???...Let's "GO"...M... (EVIL ZJ)

12. #37 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    I'll be out there too. This weekend through the 4th of Jan. I'll be with my dad in his mostly stock 89' Issue Trooper. Don't think it will be up to Terminator, but I'd like to hit some of the trails out there. Mesa area. Terminator is north of phoenix right?
    My Junk
    ! ______
    / ] ] ]\___\,__
    L--|-|-|---[]|||[]
    ()_)....()_)---)_)

13. #38 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    Birthday trip would be great.

Is that a semi trying to pass you on the left?
    [/quote]

14. #39 Re: help me decide on a tire purchase 
    As of right now Jan 12th is set.. I will be out at TM for a Jeep 101 Training class & will run Lower Terminator again if any one likes to join...
    Raw Deal: the easy run. Any stock vehicle and most drivers with little or no experience can do it. Their are optional lines if you want to try them.

Upper Terminator: You can do it in a stock vehicle but the driver had better have experience. I would suggest one locker.

Lower Terminator: I would suggest 33" tires and at least one locker. The driver should also have some experience.

This is a chance for us to help out and pay back to all those that taught us to wheel responsibly. BTW you will hear about being a responible wheeler at this event a lot
    Holding it at Table Mesa will give us plenty of opportunity to talk about Land Use Ethics!
    Absolute Offroad will be providing every participant with a bag of peat-sorb for their trail kit. We will also be having a winch use/safety training, what to do WHEN you get stuck, and how to rig your winch PROPERLY. There will also be a short lesson on how and what to do when you roll over, and the cleanup afterwards. We look forward to seeing everyone out there!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information