Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Has Anyone every owned a CJ?

Thread: Has Anyone every owned a CJ?

1. #1 Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Has anyone every "almost" bought a CJ, and then thought, "I love my ZJ too much." I almost bought a 77 CJ-7, another 77 CJ-7, an 84 CJ-7. At different times. The 84 was bought by my neighbor, lol. I just couldn't do that to my ZJ. Has anyone every owned a CJ?
    93 ZJ Larado, 5.2, Magnaflow Exhaust, 215,XXX miles. Stripped Interior, Bedliner, Runs like crap!!!

2. #2 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightFox View Post
    Has anyone every "almost" bought a CJ, and then thought, "I love my ZJ too much." I almost bought a 77 CJ-7, another 77 CJ-7, an 84 CJ-7. At different times. The 84 was bought by my neighbor, lol. I just couldn't do that to my ZJ. Has anyone every owned a CJ?
    First vehicle was a 74 CJ-5 me and dad rebuilt from the ground up, total frame off restore....nothing like riding in the summer/spring with an open top in the woods or the beach, but the ZJ is alot more comfortable for long drives
    93 ZJ- Homebrew Long Arms, BFG 315 KM2's,ARB Bump/Warn XD9000. few lights, d30 ox locked....8.8 w/ Eaton E locker, JCR rails
    74 CJ5- Cream Puff

3. #3 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Wow, how long did the restoration take?
    93 ZJ Larado, 5.2, Magnaflow Exhaust, 215,XXX miles. Stripped Interior, Bedliner, Runs like crap!!!

4. #4 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    My first car was an 85 CJ-7. I will never forget the days of driving around with the top down. I will eventually own another one, i just hope it is sooner than later.
    jdhutton---not sure why you wanna go fast in a lifted jeep. its kinda like strapping a jet pack to a retard. just doesnt make sence.

5. #5 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    More than 1...74CJ5 (Purple)- 74CJ5 (Orange)- 72 for 304 out of it - 78CJ5
    98 ZJ & WON'T "GO" BACK...I LOVE THE RIDE, THE QUIET, THE POWER, THE ROOM, ALL THE BELLS & WHISTELS...

WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT???
    Last edited by MitchRonda; 12-04-2007 at 12:33 PM.
    98 ZJ 5.2 - 35/12.5 Kevlar MT/Rs - JKS (Modified) Quicker-Discos - www.KevinsOffRoad.com - LP1 Sliderz/(SOLD*X-Member Skid*& 33's SOLD) /Light bar w/Remote lights - 2.25 + RE 3.5 Lift - Cobra Ultra III 40 /Fire stick - Bomb - XJ Front DS - 10K w/wired & wireless - Aussie - Garmin - Flex-a-lite - www.ironrockoffroad.com - Auburn E-locker - A few dents
    & a GREAT DANE hanging out the window... (GREAT DANE Died... New one will fill window soon...)
    ..."GOT GAS"???...Let's "GO"...M... (EVIL ZJ)

6. #6 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    I owned a YJ, still do, and I loved it. Its being rebuilt with a stroker (eventually) to be my trail rig. My ZJ is for DDing and eventually towing the YJ when it breaks on the trail. Driving Topless is fun in a jeep, especially when you pull the top and doors off, lol

Although I can see why wheeling in a ZJ can be fun, nothing like wheeling with A/C, Leather interior, and a stock v8 with 4 people riding along!
    1998 5.9L ZJ LTD - DD / Tow Rig

1990 YJ - Future Offroad Rig / Ocasional DD

7. #7 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Hey Mitch, what was the 47 CJ-5 like?

8. #8 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    yep I have a 74 CJ-5 also, but it's mainly on hunting rig duty
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

9. #9 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    <EDIT> ADHD...
    Hey Mitch, what was the 47 CJ-5 like?
    98 ZJ 5.2 - 35/12.5 Kevlar MT/Rs - JKS (Modified) Quicker-Discos - www.KevinsOffRoad.com - LP1 Sliderz/(SOLD*X-Member Skid*& 33's SOLD) /Light bar w/Remote lights - 2.25 + RE 3.5 Lift - Cobra Ultra III 40 /Fire stick - Bomb - XJ Front DS - 10K w/wired & wireless - Aussie - Garmin - Flex-a-lite - www.ironrockoffroad.com - Auburn E-locker - A few dents
    & a GREAT DANE hanging out the window... (GREAT DANE Died... New one will fill window soon...)
    ..."GOT GAS"???...Let's "GO"...M... (EVIL ZJ)

10. #10 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    I had a 77 CJ7 before getting the ZJ. I loved it, but it was returning to its base elements (rust). I was thinking about a TJ before getting the ZJ. I really am glad that I made the jump to the ZJ. The only things I miss about the CJ is driving around with the top off. I don't miss the sputtering during climbs and off camber spots, the body sinking down on the body mounts, and the shitty heater and defroster.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

11. #11 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    me and my father in law shoved a chevy 350 in his CJ. Now its got gobs of power and tons of fun, but yea my ZJ will go more places and rides a whole lot smoother.

12. #12 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    I had a 70 cj with mostly 75 parts in it. I had a built 304 with 38s. It was unstopable in the mud but when it came to hills and rocks it sucked. Sometimes I miss being able to run the mud like i did but you can't beat the trail ride characteristics of the zj plus all the storage room.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

13. #13 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    See my sig for what I own today. I'll always have one in the stable..........

I've spent more money keeping the CJ running than all of the ZJ's combined. But I beat the shit out of it a lot more, too.
    '93 ZJ 4.0 Good
    '93 ZJ 5.2 Better
    '98 ZJ 5.9 Best
    Every Pocket Emptied

14. #14 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    First vehicle was a 67 CJ5 back in high school, and a little after high school. It was my DD for a while, but that was when I was being a fucktard
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

15. #15 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Through the years I've owned a '49 Jeep wagon, '54 CJ-3B, '66 CJ-5, and now a '83 CJ-7 (built for the trail) and ZJ. My ZJ is my daily driver, and although lifted, with skidplates, ARB bumper and winch, etc., it doesn't see much dirt except for dirt roads and mild trails. I much prefer my CJ-7 for rockcrawling.
    Robert Bills KG6LMV
    Orange County CA
    '97 ZJ tsi, lifted, ARB bumper, winch, Conferr rack, offroad lights, etc. [SOLD]
    '83 CJ-7, lifted, locked and loaded
    '46 Bantam T3-C trailer

16. #16 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    My wife and I had a 84 CJ7. She bought it new and I kinda inherited it from her. Wish we still had it. Great Jeep. I prefer wheeling the WJ but really liked the removable hard top in the summers. It was a 258 with a 5 speed. Drove pretty decent up and down the mountains and go pretty good mileage.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

17. #17 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Just finished the restoration of my '81 CJ-7. 4.0L HO head swap in the summer and some fuel injection.
    1993 Grand Cherokee Limited, badgeless, all black, 7" LA, Clayton Crossmember+springs/Rusty's Arms, NP242, 35" MTR's, clear corners, cherry bomb exhaust, 4.88's, 5.2L, love of my life.

18. #18 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Funny, i just bought another CJ-7 today. A '79 with a 360 in it, what a rust bucket.
    1993 Grand Cherokee Limited, badgeless, all black, 7" LA, Clayton Crossmember+springs/Rusty's Arms, NP242, 35" MTR's, clear corners, cherry bomb exhaust, 4.88's, 5.2L, love of my life.

19. #19 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Has anyone every owned a CJ-8 Scrambler? I would love to have one of those.

20. #20 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    I could go on for hours about this hahaha... I'll say this though: ZJ's are awesome but nothing, I mean NOTHING compares to a classic open top Jeep. (By classic I mean pre-1987). The bare bones feeling of wheeling an old CJ-5 with no power assist in the brakes or steering with a set of 12.5" wide tires, no ammenities, no comforts, a shit ride... There's just something about it...

21. #21 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-T-1-RENEGADE View Post
    The bare bones feeling of wheeling an old CJ-5 with no power assist in the brakes or steering with a set of 12.5" wide tires, no ammenities, no comforts, a shit ride... There's just something about it...
    haha I added power brakes, power steering, A/C and lots more to my CJ
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

22. #22 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    Has anyone every owned a CJ-8 Scrambler? I would love to have one of those.

Yep.. Got one... D60, 14bolt, 360, and a whole other place to waste money!!!!

Mine.. Only pic I have..

All of the guys I wheel with have them.

23. #23 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    I have a cj7 (85-86) that I love... it has the 4.2 with a 4 barrel carb... the carb is mounted sideways so it doesn't sputter out like the old carbs do...

I'm new to the site and can't figure out how to post a pic....

John

24. #24 Re: Has Anyone every owned a CJ? 
    i have a 42 cj2a and a 40 something cj2a frame and 4 cylinder motor does that count?
    42 cj2a project "junk"

Thread Information