Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    I'll be attending this year

2. #52 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    does my new buggy qualify?
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

3. #53 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    What is the rate at the Red Rim? If I head down, I'll probably camp out. There is a place that is free to military guys, can't think of the name right now.
    03 Subaru WRX
    98 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
    98 Jeep ZJ
    95 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD

4. #54 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
    does my new buggy qualify?
    If Hal's qualified, I'm sure yours would.

5. #55 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    I may be attending therefore I contacted Moab Redstone Inn to get some rates, and yes Monica knows all about it.

For a single bed rate is: $64.99 per night
    For a double bed (2 beds) rate is: $69.99 per night

Which seems pretty reasonable considering I am paying some $148.49 for Easter Jeep Safari in March.

That being said gonna talk to the wife tonight to see if she is wanting to go as it seems like its going to be good times.
    2007 Dodge 2500 CTD - 6" EZ ride & 37" tires
    1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ (Orvis), HP D44/Ford 9", Long arms, NP231, ARB's
    Pure SEXYNESS!!!

6. #56 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Quote Originally Posted by newman187 View Post
    I may be attending therefore I contacted Moab Redstone Inn to get some rates, and yes Monica knows all about it.

For a single bed rate is: $64.99 per night
    For a double bed (2 beds) rate is: $69.99 per night

Which seems pretty reasonable considering I am paying some $148.49 for Easter Jeep Safari in March.

That being said gonna talk to the wife tonight to see if she is wanting to go as it seems like its going to be good times.

I see your in Salt Lake... can you give a good Rec for a place to stay the night, as we are going there before Moab, during our trip.
    Solid HP60 40 Spline 300M shafts
    Built 14B. 40 Spline 300M shafts

Quote Originally Posted by DankNesS
    MallCrawlin is like the mafia... if someone doesnt vouch for you then they just rip into you on every post

7. #57 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    The last few years it's been 59.99 a night for a double if I remember right.

If so that will ad $50 to the bill for me.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

8. #58 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilzWarrior View Post
    I see your in Salt Lake... can you give a good Rec for a place to stay the night, as we are going there before Moab, during our trip.
    Whats your price range? I would suggest staying either some where in down town Salt Lake City near the Gateway, or you can stay in Park City which is about 25 minutes up Parleys canyon, park city (kimball junction) is beautiful any time of the year, just dont stay anywhere right off the freeway, head more into town. I use to work at Deer Valley ski resort back in the day, they have excellent accomodations.

I dont want to HI-jack this thread, send me a PM for further info or I can give you my phone number to discuss your options.

BTW, wifey said yes to the trip, gonna be booking my room soon.
    Pure SEXYNESS!!!

9. #59 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    Dont forget the 18-20% hotel tax.

The only thing cheap left in Moab is the sand...

10. #60 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    AW, how long will you be in town? Let me know if you'll be here for a little bit--we can go break some parts or kill some beers before GSW starts.

I also 2nd the recomended accomodations, however if you're dragging a trailer around you may want to find something a little bit away from down town. You could park your trailer at my place I guess which is only a couple minutes from down town.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

11. #61 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    The Oil Dude MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    What we can crash at Cody's place, RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be leaving the Bay Area EARLY Thurs. morning, driving as far as we can, crashing somewhere then back on the road again Friday morning to make it to Moab by the afternoon on Friday.

And yes we are currently planning on two trailers.
    Your #1 Source for Amsoil Lubricants

Lube it or Loose it!

12. #62 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    4 JEEPIN Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner

Quote Originally Posted by Cue-Ball View Post

We will be leaving the Bay Area EARLY Thurs. morning, driving as far as we can, crashing somewhere then back on the road again Friday morning to make it to Moab by the afternoon on Friday.

Glad you're finally making it but your schedule means you miss Day 1 (Friday). It's a grinder but I used to leave the Bay Area by 5am sharp and drive straight through arriving just before the Brewery closed. Or, what about leaving Wednesday after work and driving 5-6 hours and then leaving again early Thursday am?
    Sandy Reshes
    Every GSW since it started in 1998, except for 2014
    95 ZJ with Clayt's longarms, some cool ARB & OME stuff
    05 Rubicon

Please patronize our GSW sponsors

13. #63 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 

If you guys just need a place to crash, I have a small guest bedroom in my small home in the ghetto.....and couches. You're welcome to them.

However, I'll be in Moab before you even leave so you might be out of luck. I usually start the grueling 3 hour drive sometime wednesday night after traffic dies down.

ahhhhhh, its nice to think that just by going from the 4.0 to the 5.2 I've shaved almost an hour off of my Moab commute. Life is grand.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

14. #64 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy R View Post
    Glad you're finally making it but your schedule means you miss Day 1 (Friday). It's a grinder but I used to leave the Bay Area by 5am sharp and drive straight through arriving just before the Brewery closed. Or, what about leaving Wednesday after work and driving 5-6 hours and then leaving again early Thursday am?
    I did not think anything really happened until Friday evening, is that incorrect??

I am not driving, so I am not the final decision on the schedule. Trust me I know all about long haul driving, done it many many times before. Hell when I lived in LA I used to drive up to SF do work at a clients site and then drive home that same day. (crazy shit when you are young I guess).

Dirk
    Last edited by Cue-Ball; 01-23-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Lube it or Loose it!

15. #65 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Grand Slam West Planner

Dirk, GSW starts Friday morning and concludes after a half day run Sunday. A pretty cool Meet & Greet happens Thursday eve and then the partying begins. Partying in Moab includes varying activities from night runs to parking lot repairs to well, drinking & "storytelling." Some refer to it as "shooting the shit." Once sufficient alcohol has been consumed it transitions to lots of "bullshit." At any rate, usually a fun time is had by most.

I did not think anything really happened until Friday evening, is that incorrect??

I am not driving, so I am not the final decision on the schedule. Trust me I know all about long haul driving, done it many many times before. Hell when I lived in LA I used to drive up to SF do work at a clients site and then drive home that same day. (crazy shit when you are young I guess).

Dirk
    Sandy Reshes
    05 Rubicon

16. #66 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    actually, I require very little booz to spew bull shit. thats pretty much what I do. It's how my life has meaning....

ok, I'll go away for awhile..

17. #67 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Staff
    Shit, okay thanks guys I will get with AW and the others to see what we can do.

I think we thought it started Friday afternoon/evening.

Got the rooms reserved for Friday and Saturday nights should not be tough to add Thursday night on if we can all make it there.

Oh well better to know now than closer to the time.

Lube it or Loose it!

18. #68 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Dirk, GSW starts Friday morning and concludes after a half day run Sunday. A pretty cool Meet & Greet happens Thursday eve and then the partying begins. Partying in Moab includes varying activities from night runs to parking lot repairs to well, drinking & "storytelling." Some refer to it as "shooting the shit." Once sufficient alcohol has been consumed it transitions to lots of "bullshit." At any rate, usually a fun time is had by most.
    So Sandy - is the difference between most and all the people that rolled their shit and set it on fire? Last year was my first year, and even the wife who's not so huge on wheeling had a blast!
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

19. #69 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Awww shit, there will be plenty of places to park depending where you stay. If I end up going I'll leave Thursday after work, since I'm hauling my Jeep and not Driving we wont leave untill about 7:00 pm as I am not to keen on pulling a 20' trailer through traffic especially when it involves Point of the Mountain to Provo. . . if you live in Utah you know what i'm talkin about.

If you need ideas on where to stay send me a PM, even if you dont stay down town you can always hit it up, there are plenty of places to eat and get trashed if thats the kind of time you are lookin' for
    Pure SEXYNESS!!!

20. #70 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    AW, how long will you be in town? Let me know if you'll be here for a little bit--we can go break some parts or kill some beers before GSW starts.

I also 2nd the recomended accomodations, however if you're dragging a trailer around you may want to find something a little bit away from down town. You could park your trailer at my place I guess which is only a couple minutes from down town.

Looks like we will be rolling in Weds now, and then leave Sunday night "maybe" monday... not sure, gotta ask the fellas.

MallCrawlin is like the mafia... if someone doesnt vouch for you then they just rip into you on every post

21. #71 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Grand Slam West Planner

Looks like we will be rolling in Weds now, and then leave Sunday night "maybe" monday... not sure, gotta ask the fellas.
    My schedule for the last 8 out of 10 years (and this year) is to leave home at 5am on Tuesday and drive straight through to Moab.

I leave Moab for home Sunday and again drive straight through. I only use 4 vacation days but get the better part of a week to enjoy Moab each year.

Wednesday I take it really easy, Thursday do a trail and the Meet & Greet, and Friday-Sunday is GSW.
    Sandy Reshes
    05 Rubicon

22. #72 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    My schedule for the last 8 out of 10 years (and this year) is to leave home at 5am on Tuesday and drive straight through to Moab.

I leave Moab for home Sunday and again drive straight through. I only use 4 vacation days but get the better part of a week to enjoy Moab each year.

Wednesday I take it really easy, Thursday do a trail and the Meet & Greet, and Friday-Sunday is GSW.

Good to know... trying to plan this is a PITA. I have 2 people going with me... possibly NorCalJr with his truck also (HUGE MAYBE).

23. #73 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Staff
    Good to know... trying to plan this is a PITA. I have 2 people going with me... possibly NorCalJr with his truck also (HUGE MAYBE).
    I am easy man, I am all for whatever.

And like I said straight through driving is good for me, whatever.

Dirk

Lube it or Loose it!

24. #74 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I usually start the grueling 3 hour drive sometime wednesday night after traffic dies down.

ahhhhhh, its nice to think that just by going from the 4.0 to the 5.2 I've shaved almost an hour off of my Moab commute. Life is grand.
    ha sucks for you man....its probably 15min shorter of a drive for me! You planning on coming back Sunday? and are you staying at the RedRock as well?

25. #75 Re: **Grand Slam West Dates Set for 2008** 
    Grand Slam West Planner

I should have said "most if not all..."

Quote Originally Posted by fpkites View Post
    So Sandy - is the difference between most and all the people that rolled their shit and set it on fire? Last year was my first year, and even the wife who's not so huge on wheeling had a blast!
    Sandy Reshes
    05 Rubicon

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Thread Information