Thread: How about planning for 2008?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How about planning for 2008? 
    Is it too early to start planning for 2008? We were kinda split into 3 groups last year and would like to get the ball rolling early. What would you guys like to do different?
    I'm still waiting on the inexpensive shit to break!!!

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

2. #2 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Member Lifetime Supporter
    Not too early to talk about it anyway. I hope to be alittle better built by then. Probably only be there on sunday again cause of the new job.

3. #3 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    I'm planning on making it for the whole weekend this time instead of just Saturday. My ZJ isn't stock anymore, so it should be a little bit more fun this time around.
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

4. #4 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Started thinking about it and I think Ill head over saturday and stay for sunday. I hope to get alot of practice in before then.

5. #5 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    any dates thought of yet? gopefuly someone plans it at the beginning of my 7 days so i can check out the midwest...
    1996 ZJ Orvis Edition,V8 5.2L
    Skid Package, FM 40, UC, Dual Intake; OME Stab; Rustys 2" BB, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination M/T's, Kennesaw Multicarrier

Quote Originally Posted by InIt4TheFun View Post
    They can not handle man talk so you were wise.
    Pop Quiz: Whats more awesome than a lumberjack punching Santa in the face? (A) Nothing, or (B) All of the above?

6. #6 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    I know that some of us don't have highly moded grands, and it makes it hard to run trails with a guy stock when it seems your waiting all the time. I personally don't mind to wait. Hell, mine was stock at one time. I just don't want to hold other people up outside of our group. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I don't want a seperation from hardcore and stock the whole time. Last year wasn't real bad. We had some different groups, but not too bad. I don't want anyone to feel out of place. I know it's mallcrawlin, newb's get flamed, but they did bring thier wreck to the trail head the same as we did. There is a ton of bypasses for the weak of heart or rig, so let's keep 'em together just spaced enough to let others by. Tell me what you think.

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

7. #7 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Sounds ok to me. I opted out of quite a few areas because of lack of skid plates.

8. #8 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Most of the bypasses are even pretty fun if you don't want to (or couldn't, in my case) go through some of the tougher sections. There are definitley trails there for every level of wheeler and plenty of areas to play around in. The only thing I regret from last year is not staying longer and not having any kind of lift... I got hung up on my trans crossmemer before I could even get on some of the trails I wanted to hit, LOL. Any opinion on dates for '08?
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

9. #9 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Hell, I'll probably actually make it this year. I made the drive all the way up to chicago a couple weeks ago and it really wasn't all that bad.

10. #10 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Wiley did the shirts for us last year and they turned out awesome!!! I would like for him to do them again this year. I'm assuming we still want to keep the Badlands in Attica as our park of choice right? I think last years event was in May. Do we want to keep the about the same time of year? A lot of the people from last years group that did most of the organazation have not chimmed in yet. They did a good job last year and their opinions are greatly appretiated. The prizes from supporters were great. I did not get involved in a lot of that last year, I had issues Saturday night with the rig and ended up fixing it all night and wheeling Sunday until like noon. I think I'm going to try to bring the RV next year.

11. #11 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Never to early to get started, I emailed TIm a week or so ago about planning for this year. I think the 1st or 3rd weekend in May usually works for most people. That doesn't mean we can't move it around either, that's just when it's always been.

As for prizes, I kind of headed that up last year just to make it a little nicer, there were some descent prizes and Tim really came through with the Ultimate Air sponsor. Anyone that buys from a vendor regularly or has access to some things that would be good, feel free to ask away for things. Probably would be better to have a firm date first though.

This should be the 4th year for this run, and it's still in it's infant stages, last years turned out really nice and I think it went pretty well, but to be honest I'm not really a planner and we don't have a real game plan as far as what trails to run. Every year we seem to have different people that volunteer to lead various trails they are familiar with. Most all seem to have bypasses and from what I remember everyone still had fun and most pushed their rig's capibility, which is always a good thing.

Hopefully soon we should be able to firm up some dates and plan some things out a little better.
    Ken

99 Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO High Clearance Long Arms, F&R D44s locked/trussed, 4.10's, 242HD, KMA Bumper, 33" Yokohama Mud Rovers + Lot's more

12. #12 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
    Started thinking about it and I think Ill head over saturday and stay for sunday. I hope to get alot of practice in before then.
    This guy sounds like he's making routes for the get together
    5.9 ZJ With stuff attached
    It's true that I'm old enough to have been there done that.....it doesn't make me an expert...it just gives me an educated opinion.

13. #13 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    The class retard Lifetime Supporter ajmorell's Avatar
    I would prefer the first weekend in May , as it is before I start work for the summer, but I WILL make it either weekend. I will probably wheel Sunday as well as Saturday this year too.

14. #14 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Assuming you guys don't mind me bringing the Samurai since my new buggy won't be ready by then, I'll be there...

15. #15 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    I suppose we could allow you to be an honorary member....

.....you're just not allowed to show any of the GCs up with the sami .

16. #16 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Admin
    I make no promises, it does levitate over obsticles rather well

17. #17 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    I make no promises, it does levitate over obsticles rather well

...at least when you get stuck you can just get out and push it over the obstacle..

18. #18 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Admin
    You joke about it, but it's the truth! I wanted something that was completely different from the kind of wheelin' I was used to.. Boy did I get it, haha. Sorry for the hijack, carry on, carry on.

19. #19 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Matt, you are always welcome, I don't care if you wheel the corolla (assuming it still exists!)

Early May we have had good luck with so far, let's start planning for the first or second weekend in May. Either 2-3-4 (Fri through Sun) or 9-10-11 (Fri through Sun) would be good candidates.

Look ahead at your calendars, contact some sponsors, get your junk in a wheel-able condition! <-- big one for me

Merry Christmas!

-Tim

20. #20 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Agreed, Tim your heep is mandatory this year, it missed the last two.
    Ken

99 Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO High Clearance Long Arms, F&R D44s locked/trussed, 4.10's, 242HD, KMA Bumper, 33" Yokohama Mud Rovers + Lot's more

21. #21 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by EMTimZJ View Post
    Matt, you are always welcome, I don't care if you wheel the corolla (assuming it still exists!)
    At GSE / bigdogs this year, I really did wheel the Suburban when the buggy broke. It only took a couple of beers

I've never heard the turbo spin up on that diesel so fast as when I got it wedged 90 degrees against the trail with a big rock under the A-Arm, and the hitch into a tree behind me. Oh yeah, it's 2wd...

Dates look good to me, I'm a definited assuming I don't have both rigs broken at the same time (again.) I had a blast last year, I enjoy the organized but "loose" events very much.

22. #22 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    Quote Originally Posted by 10achik View Post
    Agreed, Tim your heep is mandatory this year, it missed the last two.

x2. Tim you've had more than enough time to get that thing ready.

I'm hoping myself to either be on 33s by then or have my 8.8/hp under there. Looks like it could be neither though since funds are a problem with no job right now.

23. #23 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    I thought I was the guy that went last and passed out the beer?

24. #24 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    I got some beer from you but not before you dropped one and it exploded all over you right before your trip home. LOL!

THANKS FOR THE BREW!
    Chris- 97 ZJ, 4.0, some lift, black tires and some Autozone valve caps.

25. #25 Re: How about planning for 2008? 
    LOL, your welcome! It was a good time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information