View Poll Results: Preferred GSW 2008 Dates

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • May 30 -> June 1 (average hi temp 90F)

19 57.58%
  • June 13 -> June 15 (average hi temp 95F)

14 42.42%

Thread: GSW 2008 Dates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: GSW 2008 Dates 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    GJ is about 90 miles or an hour-and-a-half from Moab OK I give, how did you do the pool at Glenwood with three people for ~$50. I think last time three of us went it was closer to $70.

Anyway back to the subject. Yes it got to be expensive... now the room costs seem minor. But still, it is legal fun and the joy people get wheeling in Moab is priceless, to coin a phrase.
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

2. #27 Re: GSW 2008 Dates 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    You're probably right - I'm sure I'm blocking out the horrendous expense of taking a family to Glenwood

Might have been closer to $70 - Tricia will be 4 in January, so don't know if 3 and under are cheaper.

I'll be honest though, I thought about pulling the popup camper out there, but I sure liked having a hot shower when I got off the trail, and a comfy solid bed at night. Can't think of any better people to wheel with either.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

3. #28 Re: GSW 2008 Dates 
    i voted May, out of school and i can just make a family trip of it.

4. #29 Re: GSW 2008 Dates 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    I decided to tie the score at 14. I am out of school, and if were a little cooler that would be more enjoyable for me. I am going either way, so I might as well be selfish and pick the "cooler" dates. Plus people might be able to take off 4 days from work, and get a longer vacation out of it. I might do that. More time to fix my stuff before I leave.
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

5. #30 Re: GSW 2008 Dates 
    I have a family reunion on May 24&25 and am the best man at a wedding on May 31 so I am hoping for the June dates. I missed last year due to recovering from a nasty crotch rocket accident and the year before that my jeep tranny took a s--t.

6. #31 Re: GSW 2008 Dates 
    Considering that $900 is damn near 1/2 a months pay, no thanks!
    It costs me about $400 in fuel, then food is maybe $50-75 and camping is like $20 a night.
    Hotels are fine and dandy, but camping is 1/2 the fun of wheeling. Plus I go to Moab to forget about the real world. I don't need a TV, interweb, phone, etc.

I'd love to go this year, but I am 95% sure that I won't be able to afford it since I AM going back to Alaska come hell or high water.

Quote Originally Posted by fpkites View Post
    Colorado (Denver, at least) is right around 350 miles, so significantly less mileage than you're looking at. Last year, with hotel, rental car for the wife and kid, gas and food (and a few parts here and there ), I dropped about $900...that included a trip to the Glenwood Springs pool for the kid on the way home though, that ate up about $50.
    03 Subaru WRX
    98 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
    98 Jeep ZJ
    95 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD

7. #32 Re: GSW 2008 Dates 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Precisely why I save for this trip throughout the year. There's something to be said about having a nice cool bed and a hot shower after a day of wheeling. Personally, I'm good with both weekends. Wife wasn't too keen on the May date since it's close to Memorial Day, but I couldn't care less about traveling 2 weekends in a row
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information