Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Urban Assault Vehicle V1.5 - Page 2

Thread: Urban Assault Vehicle V1.5

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    WTF is BP?

2. #27 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    boston pizza

Quote Originally Posted by spykosshow View Post
    WTF is BP?
    This person should be taken as seriously as a heart attack while piloting a zeppelin over a bacon factory, which is the most serious of heart attacks, because if that zeppelin crashes into that bacon factory all of us will be without bacon and that simply will not do.

3. #28 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Board Paradise.

My buddy works there and I get all of my snowboard stuff from them. good place!
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

4. #29 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    Funny how 3 of us have a Grand and an A4 in the garage. I got a new 2.0T last August. 200HP stock. APR chip adds 50HP. Since it's a turbo, it's crazy fast at altitude in the mountains.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by JohnBoulderCO; 03-18-2008 at 11:30 PM.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

5. #30 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoulderCO View Post
    Funny how 3 of us have a Grand and an A4 in the garage. I got a new 2.0T last August. 200HP stock. APR chip adds 50HP. Since it's a turbo, it's crazy fast at altitude in the mountains.
    John, that's SWEET! What can I say, you have excellent taste - a GC and an Audi!

I have really enjoyed the A4, though I would love to trade it in for one of these next year (minus the MTM supercharger initially):

Audi RS4 B7 MTM Supercharged

Of course I've been talking about upgrading my axles for almost two years now, and that hasn't happened yet. . .
    '98 ZJ 5.2L with 7" KOR lift, 35x12.5 MT/R's
    D30HP 760 axles/u-joints with Ox in front, 8.8 with Detroit in rear

Build and offroad pics at jeepsite.net

6. #31 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    How you guys liking these so far? I've been lookin to pick up a 98-01 A4 2.8 Manual Quattro. I really like the AWD and the 2.8 is a mean lil engine.
    1993 Jeep ZJ V8 5.2
    HP44/9", 4.88's, Detroit, OX, Clayton's, ALL IN PROGRESS
    LINK TO MY PAGE

7. #32 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLITUDE View Post
    How you guys liking these so far? I've been lookin to pick up a 98-01 A4 2.8 Manual Quattro. I really like the AWD and the 2.8 is a mean lil engine.
    That's the one I've got (but it's Tiptronic instead of manual). Love it!

8. #33 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Picked up some 18" RS4's tonight. Now am looking for tires.

9. #34 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Nice.
    Anthony

96 Talon TSI AWD - Hey, at least it has a transfer case.
    03 Chevy Tracker - I hate IFS!

10. #35 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma297 View Post
    Picked up some 18" RS4's tonight. Now am looking for tires.

How many miles on it?

Make sure the timing belt is done at 75k miles. Do not fuck around and put this off, or things will get expensive fast. Also save up some money for when you have a coilpack failure. I say WHEN, not IF, because it WILL happen.

Join up at www.fourtitude.com. Great Audi oriented site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    PS...to my knowledge i was not anally raped...but i did have some strange shits the next day.

I pay taxes so the government can pay for a bunch of white trash and shitbag illegals to have free medical care/welfare. Lovely.

11. #36 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Quote Originally Posted by dasVettemeister View Post
    How many miles on it?

Make sure the timing belt is done at 75k miles. Do not fuck around and put this off, or things will get expensive fast. Also save up some money for when you have a coilpack failure. I say WHEN, not IF, because it WILL happen.

Join up at www.fourtitude.com. Great Audi oriented site.

Thanks Dale. I do have a couple of spare coilpacks (Hitachi-E upgrade) because I have heard of those leaving people stranded and they are super easy to swap out.

It's got about 55K on it now, but I think I will do the timing belt soon anyway whenever it starts to warm up.

BTW, what ever happened with Kelly?

12. #37 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoulderCO View Post
    Nice ride Puma.

Add me to the Audi and GC owner list. The wife picked up an 01 A4 1.8T last October. I use it more since I drive 60 miles a day to work and she gets the Jeep. I want to chip it real bad.
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

13. #38 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Quote Originally Posted by DJJordache View Post
    Also, doesn't this video look faked to anyone else? If you figure the other traffic is flying along at 95mph, (which is about where his speedo is when he catches that suv at ~2min) and the supposed speedo is at like 170, shouldn't those cars be being passed faster? I have never driven over 130mph, but when I did (or didnt) go close to that, cars doing 75 seemed really slow. He also puts his right hand back on the wheel when he gets into traffic, blocking the speedo. I hate to be one of the haters who cry fake at anything cool, but I have watched plenty of Audi vids and this one seems real hokey to me.

14. #39 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    BTW, what ever happened with Kelly?
    If you want the update on my soap-opera of a life (yeah, that's what it has become) give me a call. I can promise TONS of drama and entertainment. I'm pretty much neck-deep in a pile of shit. Too long of a story to get into on here. I guarantee it will make you go:

Then you can fill me in on the status of the Ohio thing too....

Just tried to call you, but you're too lazy to answer the damn phone! (Previous to that, I tried sending you a PM but your mailbox is full because you're too lazy to delete stuff)
    Last edited by dasVettemeister; 03-23-2008 at 10:17 PM.
    PS...to my knowledge i was not anally raped...but i did have some strange shits the next day.

I pay taxes so the government can pay for a bunch of white trash and shitbag illegals to have free medical care/welfare. Lovely.

15. #40 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Picked up some 18" RS4's tonight.
    Sweet, E. I have the 17" RS4's, otherwise identical.

If you are looking for a spare set for winter, you can pick up some remanufactured ones for next to nothing ($425 FOR ALL FOUR + shipping incl caps) from this place:

O. E. Wheel Distributors LLC. Sarasota, Florida. Toll free 1 866 273 3651

16. #41 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Also, doesn't this video look faked to anyone else? If you figure the other traffic is flying along at 95mph, (which is about where his speedo is when he catches that suv at ~2min) and the supposed speedo is at like 170, shouldn't those cars be being passed faster? I have never driven over 130mph, but when I did (or didnt) go close to that, cars doing 75 seemed really slow. He also puts his right hand back on the wheel when he gets into traffic, blocking the speedo. I hate to be one of the haters who cry fake at anything cool, but I have watched plenty of Audi vids and this one seems real hokey to me.
    deffinatly not fake, some of thoes old S4s can easliy get 500hp out of a bi turbo system. i did 200kph in a stock A4 3.0L which is 124mph, 180 is not that far off, specially for a spiced up s4
    This person should be taken as seriously as a heart attack while piloting a zeppelin over a bacon factory, which is the most serious of heart attacks, because if that zeppelin crashes into that bacon factory all of us will be without bacon and that simply will not do.

17. #42 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Quote Originally Posted by SCAMPER ZJ View Post
    Sweet, E. I have the 17" RS4's, otherwise identical.

If you are looking for a spare set for winter, you can pick up some remanufactured ones for next to nothing ($425 FOR ALL FOUR + shipping incl caps) from this place:

O. E. Wheel Distributors LLC. Sarasota, Florida. Toll free 1 866 273 3651
    They don't sell "remanufactured" wheels. They sell REPRODUCTION wheels of a definite sub-par quality. I have seen some of their products firsthand. They have a poor finish, at best. Put one of their wheels next to the real deal, and you immediately see that they are crap. With a finish that bad, I'd be concerned about just how well the wheel is constructed overall.

IIRC, they sell most of their shit on ebay.

18. #43 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_driver View Post
    deffinatly not fake, some of thoes old S4s can easliy get 500hp out of a bi turbo system. i did 200kph in a stock A4 3.0L which is 124mph, 180 is not that far off, specially for a spiced up s4
    180 is pretty far off from 124...I forget the actual numbers, but horsepower requirements increase exponentially as you get into triple digit speeds. Its not like 0-60 is 4 seconds, then 0-120 is 8 and 0-180 is 12...BTW, I didn't watch the video, so flame me if you want for not knowing what I'm talking about...

To the OP, nice lookin car, but as has been said, be prepared for insane maintenance. I had a lady who owned an 02 A4 and was looking to trade it in for a Malibu back in 06 when I hung out at a car dealership pretending to sell cars for a living...She couldn't afford the maintenance on it. Absolutely loved the car though.
    96 XJ 6/5" lift (f/r) 30x9.5 MTs - goin bigger once I ditch the - welded 8.25 rear, HP D30 front, cut fenders

19. #44 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    yeah but the extra 300hp should help to push the car from 124mph to 184 dont ya think?

20. #45 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    yeah but the extra 300hp should help to push the car from 124mph to 184 dont ya think?
    Not saying it can't reach the speed, but its definitely not as close as you made it sound. Its easy to get to 125, did it in a 140hp Geo Storm, 180 isn't as easy, and there's been some vehicles with reasonable amounts of power that couldn't make it thanks to aerodynamic and/or gearing limits
    96 XJ 6/5" lift (f/r) 30x9.5 MTs - goin bigger once I ditch the - welded 8.25 rear, HP D30 front, cut fenders

21. #46 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    I am not saying it is impossible, but this one looks fishy. I have done similar speeds in my A4 1.8t, like I said above. A first gen Viper came in at 3,200lbs and a 400hp 450flb, and a top speed of 164. The Viper GTS had 450 horse and 500flb and did 178. That is more torque and less weight (3600lbs for an 01 S4). Also for a "highly" modified car it is VERY stock looking, which might have been intentional but to get 500 plus ponies to do 185mph you need to do something to the engine bay. Intake, front mounted intercoolers and so forth that would take away that perfect clean stock engine in the video. Just my thoughts.

22. #47 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    http://www.nogaroblue.com/index2.html

check out the dudes website if u think his s4 is stock

also the 1992 issue of road and track set its top speed of the dodge viper at 290km/h

23. #48 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter TrojanMan's Avatar
    If you're looking for new tires come to raleigh and i'll give you a sweet deal. What size?
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    This thread proves that wheeling is better than the internet.
    Weavsworld: i dont know shit about MC, i just make it work

24. #49 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXJ View Post
    To the OP, nice lookin car, but as has been said, be prepared for insane maintenance. I had a lady who owned an 02 A4 and was looking to trade it in for a Malibu back in 06 when I hung out at a car dealership pretending to sell cars for a living...She couldn't afford the maintenance on it. Absolutely loved the car though.
    A.) Clearly she has never owned a Chrysler product (cheap to fix but twice as unreliable).
    B.) I can fix everything on it myself and I get the parts at dealer cost.

25. #50 Re: So I bit the bullett... 
    Member Grand Slam West Planner dads5.9's Avatar
    Welcome to the club! ZJs and A4s must go together. Justin and I have a 1998 and a 2000 A4 respectively.
    '98 5.9L, Clayton LA on 35s

Thread Information