Thread: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. #151 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Quote Originally Posted by cjchamp View Post
    Sounds good to me, morrison exit....maybe in the parking area little further down the road, as that huge gas station your reffering to is actually pretty small. At least for two trailers and a few rigs...none the less im brown and down!
    The brontosaurus lot is a good place to meet...I'll meet up with you guys wherever if that's alright. I'm off work at 12:30

UH, not sure if my little jeep can do Spike (Dave/Pam - thoughts?), so if I can't run in it, is there someone I can ride shotgun with? I'll take pictures
    Last edited by spacely; 09-25-2007 at 10:43 PM.

2. #152 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    No place like mountains Lifetime Supporter InIt4TheFun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoulderCO View Post
    That's the spirit! We will get you across the Crack.

You can consider the various lines (options) and decide if you want to tag your bumpers a little, a lot or not at all.
    Might as well find out the weak points!!!

You are covered by disclaimer:

Legal Disclaimer:
    -I am not a professional 4x4er nor do I consider myself one.
    -I am solely a 4x4 hobbyist who is constantly pursuing a better vehicle.
    -I in no way can or will be held responsible (monetarily or otherwise) for any damage
    caused to your vehicle or yourself by taking the advice given by myself.
    -If you choose to use any of my suggestions or advise, you are doing so at your own risk.
    "In almost ANY situation, or dealing with any controversial issue, the two extreme solutions are almost always never correct, and the best course of action lies somewhere in between." -J B

"I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!" - General Beringer

3. #153 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Until you get some armor on the corners of your rear bumper, I'd suggest a little help on the Crack. If it were my WK, I'd take the tire.

4. #154 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Until you get some armor on the corners of your rear bumper, I'd suggest a little help on the Crack. If it were my WK, I'd take the tire.
    It is a stupid person who does not listen to advise from people who have been there!!!

We will give it a try and if not, it is the tire. Just want to figure out what it would take next time while we are there.

Look forward to trip,
    Will
    Last edited by InIt4TheFun; 09-26-2007 at 12:09 AM.
    "In almost ANY situation, or dealing with any controversial issue, the two extreme solutions are almost always never correct, and the best course of action lies somewhere in between." -J B

5. #155 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Have fun and be safe!

I'll be thinking of ya from the XRRA on Sat.
    Project Never-ending
    1997 ZJ - sold
    www.tntcustoms.com

6. #156 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    XRRA...........only if I could be two people............
    Josh
    ~Vintage~
    http://www.vintagejeeps.net/jeep_history.asp
    86' CJ-7
    Towed By "RED ROCKET"

7. #157 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Josh and I aren't exactly sure of what time we'll be taking off, so it might be best for us to not really have a set time to be somewhere. We PLAN on being on the road around 2, but really aren't sure at this point.

If we end up not meeting up with any of you on the road, let's plan on meeting at Shitty Market (same spot as GSW, south side of the building) at 8:00 with plans to leave at 8:30?

I think we've all got each other's cell #'s so we should be good. We'll be on Ch 10 on the drive out there unless there's too much other traffic on 10. Also, Tom, I have your handheld CB for some reason. I can't remember who it was, but someone at GSW gave it to me to give back to you.

We'll also plan on dinner Friday night at the Brewery, and then a 7:00AM meet with a 7:30 departure for Spike on Saturday. Sunday is still up in the air, and we'll probably sleep in a bit, especially if we just go to Area BFE.

NIGHT RUNS. I'm thinking a night run, maybe Cliffhanger one night. Cliffhanger and Spider are the only trails I feel comfortable enough doing in the dark based on route finding.
    Last edited by BigDaveZJ; 09-26-2007 at 08:29 PM.

8. #158 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Stacey, we'll have to have a gathering of minds on Friday to see what we think about you making spike. There are a lot of large ledges and then there's the crack. John has done spike and lead it often but normallly with ZJ's and we normally recommend 32's and a locker. We'll see how things go on Friday. If not, we'll figure out what to do from there.

I'm down with a night run as long as it doesn't get too cold at night. And I'd be up for Spider. Cliffhanger scares me a bit at night.
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

9. #159 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Quote Originally Posted by spacely View Post
    UH, not sure if my little jeep can do Spike (Dave/Pam - thoughts?), so if I can't run in it, is there someone I can ride shotgun with? I'll take pictures
    Would be great to have a shotgun to give me moral support .

Whatever you guys decide is fine with me. If we do bfe then I will let you pick the trail (spacely) and I will run it with you on Sun if they pick harder trails.

10. #160 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Quote Originally Posted by InIt4TheFun View Post
    Would be great to have a shotgun to give me moral support .

Whatever you guys decide is fine with me. If we do bfe then I will let you pick the trail (spacely) and I will run it with you on Sun if they pick harder trails.
    OH...cool deal! I guess we'll see what everyone thinks Friday about my rig's capability to do Spike. And its totally up to you if you want to do an easier trail with me or run the harder one with everyone else. I figured if everyone was doing the harder trail, I could go hiking or something

11. #161 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Quote Originally Posted by spacely View Post
    OH...cool deal! I guess we'll see what everyone thinks Friday about my rig's capability to do Spike. And its totally up to you if you want to do an easier trail with me or run the harder one with everyone else. I figured if everyone was doing the harder trail, I could go hiking or something
    This works out great!! I just want to run spike and I am set. Have no need to run harder one!!

No need to hike if you want to get out and 4wheel. I will run any trail you pick on Sun. I would just like to c moab as I have never been.

Look forward to trip,
    Will

12. #162 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    8am meeting Friday morning at City Market sounds good. Might see each other on the road on the drive out Thursday, might not.
    Dinner Friday at the Brewery sounds good too.
    Last edited by JohnBoulderCO; 09-26-2007 at 10:56 PM.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

13. #163 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    All looks good to me. Dave, since you don't know when you're out of here, I'll probably just take off on my own - probably between 1 and 2 pm.

14. #164 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Its ON!!! Im excited but a bit nervous to tow....Dave you need to give me moral support as Im thinking the little engine that could....LOL
    Josh
    ~Vintage~
    http://www.vintagejeeps.net/jeep_history.asp
    86' CJ-7
    Towed By "RED ROCKET"

15. #165 Re: Fall Moab Trip Weekend of 9/29 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cjchamp View Post
    Its ON!!! Im excited but a bit nervous to tow....Dave you need to give me a strap up the big hills....LOL
    Josh
    Fixed!

At least it'll be better than my first time towing out to Moab. It wasn't my truck, wasn't my trailer, my Heep on the trailer, couldn't get the trailer brakes to work, oh yeah, and there 6" of snow on the roads!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Thread Information