Thread: GSSW Lodging Info:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    No place like mountains Lifetime Supporter InIt4TheFun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchRonda View Post
    We will be "camping" w/our DOG too..."GO"ing up on the 18th to find a spot for our 36' Southwind-close to the action, not sure where yet(need more details)...see ya there...MITCH...
    I have relatives in your neck of the woods (or desert)!! Last name Vivian
    "In almost ANY situation, or dealing with any controversial issue, the two extreme solutions are almost always never correct, and the best course of action lies somewhere in between." -J B

"I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!" - General Beringer

2. #27 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Did some checking & think we are "GO"ing to do Dead Horse Ranch St.Park...Cottonwood...No reseverations...184 full hook-ups...DOGS OK !!! They said to call the 1 day before arival to verify site...MITCH...
    98 ZJ 5.2 - 35/12.5 Kevlar MT/Rs - JKS (Modified) Quicker-Discos - www.KevinsOffRoad.com - LP1 Sliderz/(SOLD*X-Member Skid*& 33's SOLD) /Light bar w/Remote lights - 2.25 + RE 3.5 Lift - Cobra Ultra III 40 /Fire stick - Bomb - XJ Front DS - 10K w/wired & wireless - Aussie - Garmin - Flex-a-lite - www.ironrockoffroad.com - Auburn E-locker - A few dents
    & a GREAT DANE hanging out the window... (GREAT DANE Died... New one will fill window soon...)
    ..."GOT GAS"???...Let's "GO"...M... (EVIL ZJ)

3. #28 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Guess I will be dispersed camping.

Will arrive on the 18th to pick my camp site.

Hopefully someone will let me take a shower on Sat. at La Vista otherwise you may be able to smell me on the trails.
    "In almost ANY situation, or dealing with any controversial issue, the two extreme solutions are almost always never correct, and the best course of action lies somewhere in between." -J B

4. #29 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    In case you didn't notice at the tope of the thread. The WhiteHouse Inn is pet friendly. I think a few are staying there too. Not sure though.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

5. #30 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado 5.9 View Post
    In case you didn't notice at the tope of the thread. The WhiteHouse Inn is pet friendly. I think a few are staying there too. Not sure though.
    Looking at the avg temp of Sedona (altitude 4,700) during Oct (77 high 48 low) it should be easy camping 4 someone from CO. Besides my dog can do what he wants (hahaha).

It is good to know that Whitehouse Inn can be my backup plan if it gets too cold. I did call them and they want $80 a night ($10 for my dog).

$80 a night x 3 nights = $240

OME Springs and struts = $220

I will be going with the OME Springs and struts unless it gets too cold then I will be reconsidering my options.

6. #31 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Hey, Dead Horse Ranch has hot showers...M...
    Quote Originally Posted by InIt4TheFun View Post
    Guess I will be dispersed camping.

Will arrive on the 18th to pick my camp site.

Hopefully someone will let me take a shower on Sat. at La Vista otherwise you may be able to smell me on the trails.
    98 ZJ 5.2 - 35/12.5 Kevlar MT/Rs - JKS (Modified) Quicker-Discos - www.KevinsOffRoad.com - LP1 Sliderz/(SOLD*X-Member Skid*& 33's SOLD) /Light bar w/Remote lights - 2.25 + RE 3.5 Lift - Cobra Ultra III 40 /Fire stick - Bomb - XJ Front DS - 10K w/wired & wireless - Aussie - Garmin - Flex-a-lite - www.ironrockoffroad.com - Auburn E-locker - A few dents
    & a GREAT DANE hanging out the window... (GREAT DANE Died... New one will fill window soon...)

7. #32 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Just got con-fer on res. for Page Springs RV resort. About half way between Cottonwood/Sedona off 89-A hope this is close to the meeting place/staging area...17th-22nd...FREE...(part of our membership with ROD-Resorts of Distinction)...About 3 miles form Red Canyon Road-Is this the right place to be ??? ...See ya there... ...M...
    Last edited by MitchRonda; 09-13-2007 at 06:32 PM.

8. #33 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner Pitch's Avatar
    Just got con-fer on res. for Page Springs RV resort. About half way between Cottonwood/Sedona off 89-A hope this is close to the meeting place/staging area...17th-22nd...FREE...(part of our membership with ROD-Resorts of Distinction)...About 3 miles form Red Canyon Road-Is this the right place to be ??? ...See ya there... ...M...
    The Page Springs RV resort seems like a nice place. Right on Oak Creek (cool little local's restaurant next door). It is probably 6-8 miles from our morning meeting spot... not a bad drive at all, and closer than Cottonwood. There are couple of (what AZ likes to pass off as) wineries just down the road from there... not trying to lead you astray from a weekend of Jeeping!
    Toyota FJ80, lifted, locked, slow
    Sold: 01 WJ, 93 YJ, 86 CJ7

9. #34 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Never been much of a "wineo" But have been known to pound down a few buds & a bit of Jack & Coke ( in another life) but I would not want to miss any thing becouse of a hang over... ...
    ...Any way glad to here we are close to the launch-pad......
    ...THANK'S...MITCH...SEE YA THERE...
    Last edited by MitchRonda; 09-14-2007 at 01:06 AM.

10. #35 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner
    As I will likely be dragging the TT up for lodging, we will probably be neighbors. Did they seem to have any problems with availability?

David.
    2001 WJ

11. #36 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdoc View Post
    As I will likely be dragging the TT up for lodging, we will probably be neighbors. Did they seem to have any problems with availability?

David.
    If you call them now you will get in, There peak-season is starting about now...Are you ROD/AOR/WHR Member ??? We will see ya there...M...

12. #37 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    I will be just down the street from you Mitch at lo lo springs with a tent.

Looks like a good place to be!!

Look forward to the trip,
    Will

13. #38 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    ...COOL... We are ready to "GO" NOW!!! Can't wait...you be there for the fri-morn meeting??? We should be able to get you into the showers if needed...We will be getting my wifes girl (greyhound at Benson) at 11:00am the 17th & heading up shortly after that...see ya there...M...

Will

14. #39 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    ...COOL... We are ready to "GO" NOW!!! Can't wait...you be there for the fri-morn meeting??? We should be able to get you into the showers if needed...We will be getting my wifes girl (greyhound at Benson) at 11:00am the 17th & heading up shortly after that...see ya there...M...
    I am ready to go now but my jeep isn't. Still making repairs from my last trip but will be ready for GSSW!!! Will caravan down with CO guys on Thurs and ready to have fun on fri.

Thanks for the offer on showers!! May stop by for a beer tho!!

15. #40 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    I will be camping.

La Vista will not let me stay there with my dog. Refuse to leave him behind as he enjoys the mountains as much as I do.

Intrested in what others are doing as far as camping.

Would like to be in the same area.
    sleep in the heep. that is what i plan to do if i go
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Play View Post
    I'll probably go to Hell for that but fawk it, I'll upgrade my 1st class ticket and go for another pack of peanuts... cremation cost are on the rise anyway.

16. #41 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 

Will

Do you have a website or number to "lo lo springs"????
    I'll try and stay there also.
    94 ZJ I6 3.5" on 33's All the protection needed from the Dr. himself!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/
    http://photobucket.com/hoffy

17. #42 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    http://www.lolomai.com/

never been there. if you find a different place to camp, please let me know. thanks

18. #43 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Don't know about camping there after reading these comments

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...a_Arizona.html

19. #44 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Try http://www.sunriseresorts.com PageSpirings RV resort, Cant find any thing about tenting call & ask

20. #45 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    No tent camping there and had no recommendations.

Think i will go on FR 9845 (from pitch) and setup camp.

21. #46 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    ...Sorry...Was worth a shot...Ya know you wont be there much anyway even if they got bad reviews...DeadHorse still an opp??? Lil bit further down the road but supposed to be a nice place...

22. #47 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Lo Lo was $30 a night to leave a tent............ NOT
    I'll post whatever I find here, should know by mid next week.

23. #48 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Looks like Manzanita or Bootlegger Campground are only 6-10 miles north in Sedona.
    $18 per night, $7 additional for a second vehicle. 8 people per site, I will only have me and 1 son in 1 jeep so anyone wanna join me feel free. I'll arrive early morning friday (4-5am) and get a spot.
    I'll call Manzanita tomorrow and see if I can reserve.

24. #49 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner
    BTW I was able to drive by the LoLo Mai today. It looks nice. After passing no less than five 5 mph signs, the greeter reminded me to proceed slowly at no more than 5 mph. I believe that they truly want you to walk.

Anyway decent spots with concrete slabs, plenty of shade, and I didn't notice any odor on our brief drive through.

David.
    2001 WJ

25. #50 Re: GSSW Lodging Info: 
    I am looking at getting at Manzanita on thurs afternoon. The reservations look tight for fri and sat but they have 7 sites that are first come first serve. Same offer if anyone needs a place to park jeep and sleep.

Looking at reservations it looks like it will be no problem getting one of the first come first serve sites. going to try and get site 4 (click on map) as it looks like more space.

Manzanita looks nice and right off 89a.

Thanks for ckin lolo out david!!!
    And as hoffy said $30 plus they want extra for my dog.

http://www.recreation.gov/campsiteCa...RS&parkId=5143

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread Information