Thread: *MallCrawlin.com Downtime 6-24-07*

1. #1 *MallCrawlin.com Downtime 6-24-07* 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    For those of you who went to mallcrawlin.com or mallcrawlin.net and received nothing but a lame advertisement page today, we apologize. No, we did not forget to re-register the domain name as was suggested (Hey, come on, we're not NAGCA after all.) We pay our bills. I’m sorry it took more than a moment for me to resolve the issue, but considering a high school friend passed away unexpectedly this weekend, I was spending time with people I’ve hardly seen for years, and so MallCrawlin wasn’t my first priority. Even so, when I found an open laptop at a friend’s house tonight, I resolved the issue. Details to follow:

MallCrawlin.com and MallCrawlin.net were both registered at RegisterFly.com. As I received information 6 months ago that Registerfly.com was losing its ICANN accreditation and bound to be going under, we made arrangements to move to GoDaddy.com where I have dozens of other domains without issues. Unfortunately, during the transfer ENOM inc (enom.com) screwed us, but taking away RegisterFly.com’s reseller status, apparently leaving our domain transfers in lingo.

Low and behold, even though we’d renewed the domain-status at GoDaddy, the transfer never actually completed, and the domain expired still in Registerfly’s hands, as an ENOM reseller. This is why you got to the advertisement page.

I contacted ENOM and managed to get it renewed within their system tonight, and will be transferring to GoDaddy on the account we set up months ago.

Long story short, there isn’t much I could’ve done to prevent this. A registrar going under has never happened before in the history of the Internet (at least on this scale) and I’m only gad I was able to resolve it so quickly.

Super short story: Screw you, RegisterFly. Die.

-Matt (one tired, pissed off administrator)

2. #2 Re: *MallCrawlin.com Downtime 6-24-07* 
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I know, it's never good to lose a friend.

Thanks for being the MC pusher. Your not helping in fighting my addiction. Thanks for the fix Matt.
    I'm still waiting on the inexpensive shit to break!!!

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

3. #3 Re: *MallCrawlin.com Downtime 6-24-07* 
    All I have to say is Mallcrawling is the best damn Grand Cherokee site on the internet by far. You guys do an outstanding job keeping this site up and running. A down day is not a big deal at all in the big picture. Thanks for keeping us all informed but better yet thanks for keeping the Grand Cherokee as a front runner in the off road world. Tons of cool info and rigs come from this site. Great job guys. Later...Clint
    LOST ZJ
    www.lostzj.com
    KE7JLP

4. #4 Re: *MallCrawlin.com Downtime 6-24-07* 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, it really can be a pain in the ass time wise, but definitely worth it.

5. #5 Re: *MallCrawlin.com Downtime 6-24-07* 
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

but:
    Quote Originally Posted by indy242003 View Post
    Thanks for being the MC pusher. Your not helping in fighting my addiction. Thanks for the fix Matt.
    hahahaha x2.
    1993 Jeep ZJ V8 5.2
    HP44/9", 4.88's, Detroit, OX, Clayton's, ALL IN PROGRESS
    LINK TO MY PAGE

6. #6 Re: *MallCrawlin.com Downtime 6-24-07* 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, it really can be a pain in the ass time wise, but definitely worth it.
    Very worth it, thanks!!!

Grand Valley State University

7. #7 Re: *MallCrawlin.com Downtime 6-24-07* 
    Keep up the good work Matt!!!

Thread Information