Thread: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    I would like to forumly express my thanks everyone, planners, trail leaders, sponsors, substitue leaders and anyone else who pitched in to help with this years' event. It was another great event with new trails, some last minute life and work issues that arose and everyone was there to make sure it went well.

Special thanks to Pam for her work on the Banquet (and not killing Dave in the canyon). Better food this year and much nicer facilities! Helping with the registration, M&G, and where ever else she is needed.
    Kevin for being the MC and driver's meeting announcer as well as a Sponsor
    Sandy for soliciting and putting together the donor prizes
    Tom for the t-shirts
    Dave for hosting us and trail leading
    Cody for leading the harder trails and keeping everyone's sense of humor up
    Justin for dealing with a large crowd on Kane Creek. This trail is a keeper for next year, maybe offer it on two days next year to keep the crowds down
    And everyone else that I didn't mention, but aren't really forgotten and helped out.

Also a special thanks to Brian for being being the un-official rig recovery team member with his big red truck.

Todd
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

2. #2 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Ditto!!

Also big thanks to Ron Phillips for winching my ass off Wipeout Hill and Scott for giving me one of his uber-bling 5.9 wheels and the rest of the crew that day for helping me out with my busted junk. AND thanks to the crew on Spider the next day when I busted Cody's rig. I was amazed at how fast we got that back together and rolling with the instant teamwork we had, especially considering most of us hadn't wheeled together before, it was awesome!

Also, Todd, I may still have your blanket unless you grabbed it out of my ZJ already. We'll be going through GJ later today, probably 2ish???

3. #3 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    I did pickup the blanket after I got back from Sunday's Wipeout Hill run. I was afraid it would be a little chilly going home
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

4. #4 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Awesome! I guess I need to add you to my list for hooking me up with that so I didn't get too dirty!

5. #5 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Thanks everyone who planned, organized, hosted, contributed, donated, and bled for this trip! I had a ton more fun this year then last year (not that I didn't have fun last year). A special thanks to Dave & Pam for leading Poison Spider on Friday, Keith, Dave, & Pam for leading & spotting on Saturday, and our substitute trail leader Drive Shaft Matt for leading Fins & Things on Sunday

It was a pleasure to put a face to some more names and see some of your rigs grow from last year
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

6. #6 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Thanks to everyone as well. I had a great time as usual.

Special thanks to all of those that volunteered on the trail to lead the broken Jeeps out. I know it can dampen your day when you have to turn around or tow someone through. I know there were many more but in the two cases I have seen it was Bob who assisted Mark through Golden Spike and Eric helped Matt get back off of Cliffhanger to name just a few of the many. There were also many volunteers like Ron who helped people get their rigs back to trail worthy including mine. Thanks everyone for the Great Grand Cherokee Spririt. Which is what I think is best part of wheeling a Grand.

Keith S
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

7. #7 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    I'd like to thank Cody, Kevin, Ron, Dom (friend of Cody), Bill and anyone else that I missed in the dark that helped get the WK off Moab Rim.

And thanks Keith for lending your welder to the cause, I'm still amazed that in the dark of night in very confined spaces that Kevin was able to weld the tie rod with such expertise that Steve felt comfortable wheeling the rig the next day!

8. #8 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn WJ View Post
    Bob who assisted Mark through Golden Spike
    Yes, thank you Bob for strapping Mark from the Crack, to the end of the trail.
    Another long day on Spike at GSW, with 3 broken shafts and Mark needing the long tow.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

9. #9 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Pam,

you really out did yourself with all that food. How did you find time to cook all that?

Guys,

great time again. You really throw a great time.

Hunter
    04 4.7 HO limited
    04 4.7 HO Overland
    00 4.7 with no lift or mods (RIP)
    94 5.9 with lift and mods (sold)

10. #10 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    4 JEEPIN Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner

What's really great about this thread is that the list of those to thank (and not just the planners) keeps growing from year to year as more and more people step up to help. I'm not naming names for fear of missing any of the many who help make GSW my favorite and best time of the year.
    Sandy Reshes
    Every GSW since it started in 1998, except for 2014
    95 ZJ with Clayt's longarms, some cool ARB & OME stuff
    05 Rubicon

Please patronize our GSW sponsors

11. #11 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Thanks to all, had a great time at our first GSW. Met/made some new friends and caught up with a couple of guys we knew already.

Look for the Bob & Hunter's reveille run next year.

rev·eil·le [rev-uh-lee]–noun 1.a signal, as of a drum or bugle (or starting engine), sounded early in the morning to awaken military (civilians welcome) personnel and to alert them for assembly. 2.a signal to arise.

Bob
    T&T Customs, Inc.
    "dream it, we can build it!"

12. #12 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Everybody, thanks soooo much for making my first year a completely blast. It was great putting names to faces (not that I've been around MC all that long, but still ), as well as meeting some incredible people. I feel I made some really good friends (as Crash and I were discussing last night)

Especially, I want to thank Dave and Pam for leading Poison Spider on Friday (Dave, you're the best spotter I've come across), Tom for leading Gold Bar Rim on Saturday (hope our patient is feeling better, that was a rough stretch for him), and Matt for leading Fins on Sunday (my wife had a lot of fun driving it...Domino's trivia was a blast too )

I hope I can continue to do it for years and years to come.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

13. #13 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    GSW just keeps getting better every year, and this was no exception. It was nice to see everyone I've ran with in previous years, and meet some new people, too. Thanks to trail leaders Justin and Todd - you guys did a great job!

And although there are many others who contribute to this event, I think a "special thanks" should go out to:

Tom for setting up the registration site and creating those great t-shirts year after year;

Sandy for getting all those donations (and for having me carry the heavy stuff with an overheating radiator )

Pam for setting up the banquet - that was some spicy BBQ pork!

And to all the companies who donate prizes to our event. It looks like for next year I'll finally have some long arms with that gift cert from Clayton Off Road Manufacturing. The way the rigs have grown since 2001, I'm beginning to feel like I'm driving a low-rider!

Can't wait for next year!

Gary

14. #14 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    As my first year as well I was a bit nervous. But I must say this was the most fun I have had wheeling.

This event was nothing short than amazing and my hat goes off to all the leaders/vendors/planners/and everyone who else pitched in when duty called.

Special thanks to Bob/Eric for staying behind and helping the wounded off the trail. Also the group that went up to Moab Rim deserve kudos as well.

The list is endless and if I went into detail I would just be thanking everyone that went. The great people made this event extraordinary!

(oh... and x2 on the spicy pork)

Matt
    Project Never-ending
    1997 ZJ - sold
    www.tntcustoms.com

15. #15 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Hunter - I'm just that good.

Glad everyone enjoyed the Banquet. Next year I'll push for more time. I hate feeling rushed.

Thanks to all the planners. It takes a small army to make this thing go off every year and we all play our parts. From the trail leaders (Cody, Justin, Dave, Tom, Keith, Todd, John and anyone else I missed), to Tom doing the T-shirts, Sandy working with sponsors, Kevin playing MC, Todd and Tom handling the registration site, Keith handling the M&G location and every individual that lends a helping hand on the trails and the various parking lots that serve as garages.

It takes more than the planners to make GSW what it is. It takes a group of people who are looking to have a good time and are willing to help everyone else out.

Now to start planning for next year. . .
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

16. #16 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    x2 on what Matt said. This is my 4th trip to Moab but my first GrandSlam and I enjoyed this wheelin trip more than any I've ever been on.

I too wish to express my thanks to all the planners and trail leaders for doing such an outstanding job.

It was great to meet so many new friends and regardless of the heat I'm looking forward to next year.

17. #17 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Somehow I think that Bob, Ronnie and Hunter will have a morning trail ride.....

Hunter
    04 4.7 HO limited
    04 4.7 HO Overland

18. #18 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    As my first year as well I was a bit nervous. But I must say this was the most fun I have had wheeling.
    I agree!! Best trip evar!

Thanks to all who helped plan and run this thing. I would like to extra thanks to Justin for doing a great job getting everyone through Kane Creek. There were a lot of us and you were there for everyone start to finish making sure we had the best trail ride.

I also want to thank everyone who was there. What a great group of people. We had lots of rigs and a ton of heat and everyone kept their cool. Everyone was so relaxed and just there to have a good time it made the whole event awesome. Thanks, when can I sign up for next year?

K2
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

19. #19 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
    Somehow I think that Bob, Ronnie and Hunter will have a morning trail ride.....

Hunter
    Yep, I figured you and Bob were talking about that.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage

20. #20 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    John,

you'll be there. Loading up your iced starbucks cans into the cooler.

Hunter
    04 4.7 HO limited
    04 4.7 HO Overland

21. #21 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    I need those to stay awake, when the trail runs late into the night!

22. #22 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Member Grand Slam West Planner dads5.9's Avatar
    Thanks to all the planners, another great year.

The depression has already started to set in, back to work. I guess that I'll have to start looking forward to GSW 08.

V
    '98 5.9L, Clayton LA on 35s

23. #23 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    As always, thanks to all! Like Sandy said, I look forward to GSW all year!

I had an awesome time leading trails this year, and even though the Kane group was big, it was a great group of people and we didn't break anything, so nothing to complain about there. And I have to apologize to Gary for missing a line on the climb out of Kane that he found...sorry Gary.

Special thanks to Sandy for gathering all the cool stuff for the raffle and Tom & Todd for maintaining the webpages for GSW. Also, a big thanks to Pam for organizing the banquet!!

And finally, thanks to the vendors that donated and/or attended GSW. It is nice to see vendors that are really interested in the GC crowd.
    Last edited by jsteves; 06-20-2007 at 04:18 PM.
    04 Dub -- Longarms, JK44, 9" ARB's etc.
    68 Super Wagoneer - Resto Project
    93 ZJ: longarms, 231D, 35's, 44/Hi 9", ARB's, etc. -- Sold

24. #24 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    First off. Thank you Jim for taking me to the hospital so I could get my hernia checked out! Also for helping me get the control arm bolts torqued for the trip home.

Thanks to all the planners & the long hard hours. You know who you are.

Thank you Sandy for the bottle of Maquiare's touchup spray.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

25. #25 Re: Thanks go out to the 2007 crew 
    Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado 5.9 View Post
    Thank you Sandy for the bottle of Maquiare's touchup spray.
    I think Scott would cry if they ever stop sponsoring GSW.
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information