Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project Hookup - Now with Solar - Page 7

Thread: Project Hookup - Now with Solar

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. #151 Re: Project Hookup 
    As requested:

Here is the Passenger Side:

I have read another complaint that you need a t-case spacer. Not ture only the 1/4" plate that goes under the crossmember.

Last edited by WJJEEPIN; 09-14-2020 at 05:39 PM.
    Will

99 4.0 DubJ 35"MTRs/ Custom IRO LA's/ Currie 9" housing/ Yukon 4.88 Gears 35 spline Grizzly Rear Lockers and ARB Front.

The Hookup Build http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12701

2. #152 Re: Project Hookup 
    Here is their Iron Y now with serious plate

Driver side arm

Side shot to show clearance

Last edited by WJJEEPIN; 09-14-2020 at 05:45 PM.
    Will

99 4.0 DubJ 35"MTRs/ Custom IRO LA's/ Currie 9" housing/ Yukon 4.88 Gears 35 spline Grizzly Rear Lockers and ARB Front.

3. #153 Re: Project Hookup 
    I dont see anything wrong with that, looks good. But Id still weld it down !
    Solid HP60 40 Spline 300M shafts
    Built 14B. 40 Spline 300M shafts

Quote Originally Posted by DankNesS
    MallCrawlin is like the mafia... if someone doesnt vouch for you then they just rip into you on every post

4. #154 Re: Project Hookup 
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilzWarrior View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with that, looks good. But Id still weld it down !

That is in the plans. I also want to build a cross-member and intigrate a hevy duty skid that attaches to a second rear cross-member.
    Will

5. #155 Re: Project Hookup 
    Flex pictures?

6. #156 Re: Project Hookup 
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle95sr5 View Post
    Flex pictures?

I have had 0 time to play. I have scheduled a weekend to hit up South Shore and wheel on the 16th of Nov. So once I go out I will def throw up some pix. I've been looking for a place to do a poser flex but nothing yet.
    Will

7. #157 Re: Project Hookup 
    love ur jeep man keep it up

8. #158 Re: Project Hookup 
    Thanks man.

Just installed the fiberglass/MDF sub box in the left corner. Paid $165 shipped...

Much more usable trunk space

It went a little high I ghetto rigged the cargo cover to keep it all hidden.

And an new pic with the full IRO 5.5" springs sitting in front of work.
    Last edited by WJJEEPIN; 02-23-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    Will

9. #159 Re: Project Hookup 
    I hate you. The more I see your rig the more I want to build mine!
    Lookin' good bud. Hopefully we can have the rigs together in the same part of the state at some point. It'll probably require one of us moving... but then we'd be wrenching partners again!
    1994 V8 ZJ: RE 4.5", 32" BFG AT/KO, K&N/Borla/Carsound/Flowmaster respiratory, Mopar ECU

2001.5 Audi S4:
    AWE Stage 3 for going, StopTech & STaSIS for stopping, Vogtland & Hotchkis for turning
    2008 Audi RS4 Daytona Gray with Premium, Titanium, and Exclusive packages

10. #160 Re: Project Hookup 
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyV8ZJ View Post
    I hate you. The more I see your rig the more I want to build mine!
    Lookin' good bud. Hopefully we can have the rigs together in the same part of the state at some point. It'll probably require one of us moving... but then we'd be wrenching partners again!

Then I vote for you to make my dub your desktop background...

Or when you pony up for a tow rig for your race car, then you can tow that bitch up here..

Regardless, I look forward to that day bud.
    Last edited by WJJEEPIN; 11-18-2008 at 09:53 PM.
    Will

11. #161 Re: Project Hookup 
    Quote Originally Posted by WJJEEPIN View Post
    Then I vote for you to make my dub your desktop background...

Or when you pony up for a tow rig for your race car, then you can tow that bitch up here..

Regardless, I look forward to that day bud.
    Hmm... what's the tow capacity of a 5.9?

A supercharged 'niner would certainly get the job done, I would think!

I'd love a 5.9 for a street jeep/tow rig... *starts saving*
    1994 V8 ZJ: RE 4.5", 32" BFG AT/KO, K&N/Borla/Carsound/Flowmaster respiratory, Mopar ECU

2001.5 Audi S4:
    AWE Stage 3 for going, StopTech & STaSIS for stopping, Vogtland & Hotchkis for turning
    2008 Audi RS4 Daytona Gray with Premium, Titanium, and Exclusive packages

12. #162 Re: Project Hookup 
    Word up all. So I didnt get to go to the mountains for a weekend of wheeling over Turkey day weekend but I did get to go play for the day at Hollister Hills. Nothing extreme, just some fun watching my dads jeep kill it. here are some photos.

Flex test. Still not flexed out completely. And need a little longer shox to maximize it.

Little playing int he rocks

Pops let me play with his jeep on the rock ledge.

Little flex from the TJ. I keep telling him he needs to LA that thing.

And his TJ killing the mud pit.
    Will

13. #163 Re: Project Hookup 
    Stripped and painted. Hit it with a flat black, i will finalize it with a gloss to finish it but this is to make sure its clean and rust free.

Last edited by WJJEEPIN; 09-15-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    Will

14. #164 Re: Project Hookup 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

15. #165 Re: Project Hookup 
    Thanks, not going as fast as I would have liked, but not bad with a toddler, mortgage and a pregnant wife.

Now that I have a new POS dd I can really start to tear into the jeep. I am going to see if I can get the wj brakes onto the 9".

If anyone has redone their wj rear brakes and can toss me their used rotor let me know.
    Will

16. #166 Re: Project Hookup 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    You should be able to use 8.8 brake rotors, brackets, and the like so unless you want to fab more up, I would go that route.

Are you ditching the ABS?
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

17. #167 Re: Project Hookup 
    Quote Originally Posted by PassRunnerZJ View Post
    You should be able to use 8.8 brake rotors, brackets, and the like so unless you want to fab more up, I would go that route.

Are you ditching the ABS?

I have the old style large bearing which means its a different bolt pattern to the axle housing. I can have the holes welded up and redrilled to the 8.8/torrino style but then I have to buy the break stuff after all that.

Whereas I recently upgraded the rear brakes on my dub and have all the pieces which will allow me to not have to bleed the brakes, not have to replace the ebrake cable and not have to worry about break balance from front to rear. If Im going to fab something Im thinking fab for what I have so I can save some dough. But again I just got my vw running so I havent even pulled it the wj rears to see what its going to need.

Ill start posting pics as I start working towards it.
    Will

18. #168 Re: Project Hookup 
    Oh and ditching the the ABS but rewiring the rear tone rings to the front to keep the speedo.
    Will

19. #169 Re: Project Hookup 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    See if the TJ rear 44 caliper bracket will work with the WJ rear cliper and then see if it can be worked onto the 9. I used them on my 44 to keep the rear disks and modified it for the ABS sensors. My brother found this worked when he upgraded his XJ 44 to disks from my old 35.
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

20. #170 Re: Project Hookup 
    Quote Originally Posted by PassRunnerZJ View Post
    See if the TJ rear 44 caliper bracket will work with the WJ rear cliper and then see if it can be worked onto the 9. I used them on my 44 to keep the rear disks and modified it for the ABS sensors. My brother found this worked when he upgraded his XJ 44 to disks from my old 35.
    I will take a look into that.

If I read that correctly the problem is the ABS on the WJ is via a tone ring that is pressed onto the wj shaft that does both speed and abs and work on the 9" shaft. All I have to do to keep the speedo is run a couple wires to trick the system to check the front only and not the rear.
    Will

21. #171 Re: Project Hookup 
    Nice WJ, hows the street ride with those LA?
    Kamil...ka-meal

04 WJ Limited 4.7L V8 QTII/ MX6 shocks/IRO 3" coil springs/ 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns/ Cragar Soft 8s/ Addco RSB/ JKS Supernerf/ JKS Discos/ JKS Adj. TB/ Rancho SS/ K&N/ 4.56 gears/ rear Aussie locker/ RSS front diff cover/ Magnaflow

22. #172 Re: Project Hookup 
    Quote Originally Posted by froggo27 View Post
    Nice WJ, hows the street ride with those LA?
    Thx. It rides Great. I have RE TT shox which are really stiff and were killing me pre LA. Once I added the LA's it became really smooth in comarison. Once I have the 35's on it and can figure out my uptravel I will be getting some long travel Bils shox which will make it butter.

I will mention I do have bumpsteer, though its from flipping the Drag link and I had it prior to the LA's. Its less now but probably wont go away till I build the custom 9" front after I toast the 30.
    Will

23. #173 Re: Project Hookup 
    Holy Money Pit Bat Man!

Had some spare time at work so I did an excel sheet listing prices and Items on everything I have on/in the jeep now, from roof rack, to arb bumper, to upgraded brake rotors and then a second grid on all the parts that I have to go into the upgrade to the 9" axle swap and related parts to run 35's. Shipping/my labor not included. Too Scary.
    Last edited by WJJEEPIN; 07-18-2009 at 12:01 AM.
    Will

24. #174 Re: Project Hookup 
    ...are you still planning on a 9" for the front axle? I'm going to end up putting a 9" in the rear, but I'm seriously contemplating IROs D44 front axle. For the price, it's a pretty good deal. For me, I wouldn't be worried about wheeling with 35's on that axle. 4.10's suck, but it could easily be swapped out down the road.
    Balltastic.

25. #175 Re: Project Hookup 
    Quote Originally Posted by death-mobile View Post
    ...are you still planning on a 9" for the front axle? I'm going to end up putting a 9" in the rear, but I'm seriously contemplating IROs D44 front axle. For the price, it's a pretty good deal. For me, I wouldn't be worried about wheeling with 35's on that axle. 4.10's suck, but it could easily be swapped out down the road.
    Hey DM.,
    Yup, still putting in the 9". I am done collecting parts for both the front and rear axles. I had IRO make me a set of HD 1/4 brackets and spring pads. So all I need to do is get it welded in and get the rims for my 35's. But they had cutbacks at my job and I was one of the casualties so the swap is paused. I've been quoted anywhere from $500 to $1000 to have it welded, trussed and out the door.

I'm going back and forth on the front 9" vs the jk44 front. If I were to do the 9" I would probably get the JK outters to maintain the speed sensor. So when I get there I will go with what makes sense for the wallet.

From what I have heard from a few different sources the control arms will just bolt up, its the track bar that is the issue in that swap. So on the cheap you could get the axle for cheap used or from online and probably just source the brackets from IRO to get it buttoned up.

Let me know when you start to work on the 9". I might be able to throw some time saving advice your way.
    Will

Thread Information