Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project Hookup - Now with Solar - Page 16

Thread: Project Hookup - Now with Solar

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. #376 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    so how are the MTR's workin out for you? i know there heavy as hell.
    No longer a JeepTech01 fan.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

And ELLLLLIOTTTTT................I think..........Yup and ELLLLLIOTTTTT.

2. #377 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Hey Guys,
    Been busy, but have had a d60 or 609 in the back of my mind for a while now. Found a local guy who had a set of knuckle out assemblies for a good price.

Was told it was from a late 80's d60. The caliper looks different from the pics I've seen on most other builds. Any thoughts or help in ID'ing them?

THanks guys
    Last edited by WJJEEPIN; 02-23-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    Will

99 4.0 DubJ 35"MTRs/ Custom IRO LA's/ Currie 9" housing/ Yukon 4.88 Gears 35 spline Grizzly Rear Lockers and ARB Front.

The Hookup Build http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12701

3. #378 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Looks just like my 86 D60 Calipers.

Rick
    94 ZJ 3/4 Ton on 36's.

4. #379 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Hey Guys, so got a chance to go wheeling this weekend with my pops and brother, it was my pops first time hitting up a rock garden. Went up to my brothers house in South Lake Tahoe, my 2 year old daughter in tow. She didnt hit the trail but she was with my moms to let us go play. We checked out Twin Peaks because it was close to his pad. Cool little trail with a couple rock gardens and it ends up at the top with a cool place to have a beverage and see the lake.

Lower rock garden:

Will

99 4.0 DubJ 35"MTRs/ Custom IRO LA's/ Currie 9" housing/ Yukon 4.88 Gears 35 spline Grizzly Rear Lockers and ARB Front.

5. #380 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    And upper rock garden:

Will

6. #381 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    wow the last picture of your dads jeep is calander material !!!
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

7. #382 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Thanks! All done w my 3GS iPhone. I totally spaced and left my nice camera at home.
    Will

8. #383 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    I love parking next to a stock wj.
    Will

9. #384 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    I love parking next to stock rides. I got my wifes saying. "how cute, a little jeep". I love it
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

10. #385 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    I'm between the KM2s and these...wanna make the purchase later this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by WJJEEPIN View Post
    Yeah, I want 37's, but it's my dd and I can't afford much worse mpg at $4.19 per gallon of 87.

Balltastic.

11. #386 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    first off great WJ, I was wondering how much IRO charged you for the custom front long arms. I like IRO for there customer service but not really diggin that iron Y they got. From the pics on there site it looks like there kit is a 3 link in front.

12. #387 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailTaxi View Post
    first off great WJ, I was wondering how much IRO charged you for the custom front long arms. I like IRO for there customer service but not really diggin that iron Y they got. From the pics on there site it looks like there kit is a 3 link in front.
    Hey TT, thanks man. So I did it in stages, I started with the high clearance front long arms with the iron-y. Which I will say worked flawlessly and I wouldn't have gone to my current setup if I wasn't trying to get my steering linkage in parallel. I was doing their DL drop and it was contacting the bracket on the Y so I had them sell me some custom brackets and adjustable upper links. We cut off the Y and welded up the bracts to make them custom. I highly doubt they would sell them like that, and if they did it would be custom work and probably not the same cost as the kit, pm me if you want to proceed and Ill hook you up with Josh at IRO.
    Will

13. #388 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Damn Fine Rig!!!!

14. #389 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Hey Guys,

Got the week off so figured I would start to get my ass in gear.

Pulled apart the 60 hubs to get them machined.

Also I have been getting a clicking and weird locker issues from the rear. Randy's ring and pinion (who built the third) gave me some warranty info and asked to send it in.

Emptied the gear oil

Like looking down the barrel
    Will

15. #390 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    messing with the axle is fun until you look down that barrel and it's not lined up anymore
    97 V8 zj.
    35"KM2s.aussies,4.88s,full chromos,1 ton hi steer in the 44/8.8.KOR/Clayton longarms.
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//sh...ad.php?t=17603

03 Cobra with horsepowers

16. #391 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Sup guys,

Well have been crazy busy moving back home, to my parents house, with my wife and kids. Welcome to 2012!!! Anyhow, I have been grinding at that, renting out my condo, and trying to find a new position. I am in the last phase with a local company that will be my dream gig/company. once its in I have a offer letter I will report back but I am so close to ditching wells fargo... Which will make my life a much more enjoyable.

So I would like to say, FUCK a moving van i have a DUB

Also been playing hockey and went to play a game the other night and i ran into Marty McFly!

Complete with flux capacitor

Last edited by WJJEEPIN; 02-23-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    Will

17. #392 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    ^^^ sweet. Id go back in time to where I actually had money and build myself a cool buggy
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

18. #393 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted. Wife lost her job, and we were running on one salary and had to move in with the parents. Needless to say the jeep saw no love. Now I have a new job GoPro baby!!!! Wife got a job. Life is looking up.

Well driving to work the other day I leaned back and this happened.

Short term fix

Long term fix, Corbeau Baja Rs

Step One

How she sits with the GoPro

First ride report. Love em. Super comfy. I LOVED my stock seats and I mean love. The stock jeep seats I would venture to say were my most favorite seats of any car/rig I have ever owned. Long car rides no shifting no but hurting. These have big shoes to fill but for the couple rides I have in em I am really happy. Feel like I am in my seat and not moving. I am 6'2" and they work great, would highly recommend .
    Last edited by WJJEEPIN; 07-12-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    Will

19. #394 Re: Project Hookup - Now with Corbeau 
    Wow beautiful WJ shes the same color as mine. I just picked mine up 6 months ago, gonna start a build thread soon. One day I hope mine will be comparable nice job!

20. #395 Re: Project Hookup - Now with Corbeau 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    I would love to hear your thoughts on the seats. I am thinking of new seats for my WJ. I too like the stock seats, but my drivers seat frame has seen better days. I am considering kevins seats, but they do not recline the Corgeau's.

Did you get them with the WJ frame kit? Can I ask how much they set you back for the pair with frames?
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

21. #396 Re: Project Hookup - Now with Corbeau 
    Thax Trxgedy.

Mtn WJ. So I like them so far. I too looked at the KOR seats but the no recline was a killer for me as well. Initial ride is very nice and cushy. Yes not the cushy stock wj seats which I would venture to say are the most comfortable stock seats I have ever sat in. I took some long rids in them and never felt sore. That being said I am enjoying them.

I am using the Corbeau brackets. They sit higher about 1/2" -1", which take a bit to get used to. I do still fit at 6'2" with a few inches to spare. It does give you a better vantage point when looking over the hood so for wheeling it may be better. I havent been out on the trail yet with the new seats.

The Passenger side is a perfect fit. The driver side is a bit pushed to the bpillar which causes the seat to come into contact with the pillar. As I understand they are the same brackets for all cherokees which means they have to account for some larger earlier cherokee tranny tunnels. so if you have welding capability then its a quick cut and weld to push it toward the tranny tunny and away from the bracket. Feel free to ask me any questions. I have pix of the bracket and close up of the seat position if you want to take a look.
    Will

22. #397 Re: Project Hookup - Now with Corbeau 
    Hey guys,

Santa brought me a nice present.

So a couple issues I ran into was that the solenoid was not meant to be removed. This is how it sits on the winch.

So I had to make a base to bolt to the bracket on the ARB.

Had to use some serious gauge flex-able power speaker wire to connect the terminals.

In the ARB directions it showed how to rotate the Warn winch. I had to dissasemble the winch a bit and rotate the engagement switch.

I bought a Masterpull synthetic winch line and to used a hawse fairlead but I had to trim the opening.

Little Pre install of the new winch line
    Will

23. #398 Re: Project Hookup - Now with Corbeau 
    So Here is the winch installed and bumper on.

I didnt like how the rope went down and under the bumper. I ordered some Bolt on D-Rings from Ballistic Fab and installed them today.

Will

24. #399 Re: Project Hookup - Now with Corbeau 
    Also I have been jealous of the later model WJ with their fancy OEM handles on the A Pillars. I have been thinking of how to get a set to make it easier for my wife to get in. Bought the smittybilt JK handles that have a steel ring. Bought some Tie Downs and bolted them under the plastic covers and did some trimming to have them hang out.

Take a look.

Will

25. #400 Re: Project Hookup - Now with Corbeau 
    I like the grab handles. My wife complains about getting in my zj too. Did you just bolt them to the pillar with heavy self taping bolts?

Thread Information