Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Help please...lol

Thread: Help please...lol

1. #1 Help please...lol 
    Alright, im trying to install a 99 Jeep Cherokee engine, into a 1994 jeep grand cherokee. I am using the factory transmission and torque converter. Everytime I bolt the transmission up it locks everything up, as in I can't turn the engine over. Can someone please tell me if this is possible, and if so what I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. #2 Re: Help please...lol 
    Is the torque converter completely seated? Turn it a few rotations while pushing in on it to fully seat it. Was the tranny tough to bolt up or did you have to use the bolts to pull it towards the block?

3. #3 Re: Help please...lol 
    Yes, the converter is seated. The tranny went up pretty good, all except the last 3/8"

4. #4 Re: Help please...lol 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Is the torque converter completely seated? Turn it a few rotations while pushing in on it to fully seat it. Was the tranny tough to bolt up or did you have to use the bolts to pull it towards the block?
    Sounds like that to me.
    Black 97 ZJ, 4.0, 242, Clayton LA 4.5" lift +2"spacers, TW DS, 8.8 4.10's, HPD30 4.11, WJ steering conversion, 1 ton flip, PSC , KOR TB conversion, Front axle Currie JJ bushing conversion, Baja Claws 33's, Custom front & rear bumpers, Rear tire carrier, rock sliders
    Works in progress->...
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/P1010203.jpg

5. #5 Re: Help please...lol 
    yeah that happened to me when I swapped my 4.7. The torque converter slides on, THEN has to seat properly. Slowly turn it while pushing it in, until it slides into place.
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

6. #6 Re: Help please...lol 
    x100 on that diagnosis. There's a tang on the converter that engages the pump, and it's about 3/8" deep. Just put presure on the converter while you turn it.
    Fortunately, we're not getting nearly as much government control as we're paying for.

7. #7 Re: Help please...lol 
    The only reason I am worried is because the part numbers for the crank and torque converter is different for the cherokee and grand cherokee. I am using the grand cherokee converter because the input shaft on the transmission will not work with the cherokee converter. I just cant figure out if there is a difference in the two motors like on the end of the crank or something.

8. #8 Re: Help please...lol 
    Well, if you're 100% positive that the converter is eated and the pump is engaged, and you still have a problem, then I'd say you're on to something with regard to the crank/flywheel/converter not matching up.
    Fortunately, we're not getting nearly as much government control as we're paying for.

Thread Information