Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Any Non-Grands going to be in the area?

Thread: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Well, SLO_MO (my little brother) wants me to accompany him on the trip to Moab for Grand Slam West, but that will leave me with at least 3 days of no wheeling while you guys are out running the red rock. Is anyone else bringing someone of the non-Grande persuasion with them? I'm trying to get more than a couple of days of wheeling in if I've got to drive 26 hrs. Maybe I could just put a Grand Cherokee badge on it and call it good to tag along - it would be about as much ZJ as Kraqa's ride. Anyhow, post up if you know of someone I can wheel with.

This is my rig in case anyone's wondering:

Last edited by xtremexj; 03-05-2007 at 02:03 PM.
    94 XJ, chopped, 4-link rear, narrowed 404s, 42" Iroks, 106" wheel base

2. #2 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    OK, this doesn"t quit get the do a search, but... The reason it is a Grand (read GRAND) Slam Event is because it is Grand Cherokee's only. Read the rule on the website http://gsw.mallcrawlin.com. The base vehicle has to be DMV registered as a ZJ, WJ, or WK at this point.

So NO, no non-Grands! There are plenty of events for XJ, Xterra's, Rovers and so on. That and there are only 50 spots and if we gave spots to non-Grands then some other Grand owner wouldn't be able to participate.

Tripping/wheeling with others on other trails is OK, but not with us on our trail days.
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

3. #3 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    I think he is looking for other vehicles to wheel with, not necessarily with the GSW event

I have a friend who might be bringing his m38a1 Jeep Willies down there (stock except for rebuilt tranny & Chevy 4.3L V6 swap)...
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

4. #4 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    yep, got that so I edited it to address tagging along too, but the point needs to be made that trail runs with our group can only be Grands. It isn't that we are snobs, just limited on vehicles for this event.

I wheel with TJ, XJ, Broncos, FJs, trucks... on other trail runs.
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

5. #5 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    I didn't think his intent was to be apart of the GSW in any way, just wanted to go to Moab and be with a buddy on the way down. I may know someone that would love to hit the trails, but they wouldn't be near as capable as your XJ though. I'll see what he thinks. (nice XJ )
    Project Never-ending
    1997 ZJ - sold
    www.tntcustoms.com

6. #6 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    He wants to come to Moab because it may be his only chance to go with someone (his brother-> me).
    He knows its a Grand only event . We are going to try and hit town on Monday night. I/ we want to get a couple of days in before GSW. We are trying to find someone to hook him up with while I'm with the Grands on Fri, Sat, Sun.

If anybody is going to be there early in the week post up so we can make better plans.

Thanks,
    Brett
    2K WJ 4.0L, 242, Rockcrusher60 front, Prorock60 rear 39.5" IROKS, Bold Bumper and Rocky Mountain Pinstriping

7. #7 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    bring it to GSSE, we dont have rules

8. #8 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Brett,
    Make sure you take it easy on the first few days of wheeling before GSW. We want you to make all three days this year. See you there...

Bill

9. #9 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    LMAO, something tells me that would be a LOOOOOOOONG drive.

I have a buddy who's contemplating bringing his YJ out there...but it's only on 33's. I imagine you're going to be looking for some tougher terrain.
    1993 Trashcan, 7/8 Ton, 37's

Some people play golf, others enjoy football...I just really like fucking with people.

Vote REPUBLICAN.......because EVERYONE can't be on WELFARE!!!

10. #10 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    PassRunnerZJ - don't get your suspension in a twist. I realize it's a Grand event but figured that maybe some of you have friends that will be in the area tha WON'T be doing anything Friday or Saturday that might want to wheel. I was hoping to make Easter Safari this year but the timing wasn't right and this is the only other time I will be able to make Moab this year. It's a long drive if I only get to wheel on Tuesday and Wednesday. I JUST WANT TO WHEEL!!

Shane

11. #11 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Where is GSSE again?
    *interested*
    Anthony

96 Talon TSI AWD - Hey, at least it has a transfer case.
    03 Chevy Tracker - I hate IFS!

12. #12 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremexj View Post
    PassRunnerZJ - don't get your suspension in a twist. I realize it's a Grand event but figured that maybe some of you have friends that will be in the area tha WON'T be doing anything Friday or Saturday that might want to wheel. I was hoping to make Easter Safari this year but the timing wasn't right and this is the only other time I will be able to make Moab this year. It's a long drive if I only get to wheel on Tuesday and Wednesday. I JUST WANT TO WHEEL!!

Shane
    Not twisted, well not till next weekend when we do the Spike with my local Jeep Club, just clearifying to avoid the same issues this year that we have had in the past with friends trying to tag along with the trail groups and since they haven't signed the waivers they present a liability and it pushed us past the BLM 50 participants limit. I was keying on your badgeing your XJ statement.

I understand wanting to get as much trail time as possible once you get to Moab after a long trip. You might check and put a post on www.colorado4x4.org as there are other drivers/groups from the neighboring area that single drivers can hook up with (that certainly sounds like a dating thing...).

It isn't as much where it is now as what it started as; Kris' ride did start out as a GC, just like FeartheDentist, Overkill, and others that have morphed into buggies.
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

13. #13 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    I've had people come down in the past and they just ran other trails during the day. You can usually hook up with other jeepers at the City Market in the morning and tag along with them--but it doesn't always work. I used to go down probably 4 or 5 weekends a year by myself just counting on hooking up with other groups. Sometimes it didn't work though and I was on my own--and driving eleventy thousand kilo-miles for something other than a sure thing would suck.

Otherwise, there are lots of things you can do during the 2.5 days of GSW. you could go explore arches or canyonlands, dead hourse point etc. float the river, go swimming at the power dam's, golf, there is world class rockclimbing and mountain biking within minutes of the city etc etc.

I usually take a day or two off from wheelin when I'm down there just so I can take advantage of the thousands of other things that the area has to offer.

Cody
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

14. #14 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Thanks Cody. I would like to take in some of the sights as well, but definitely want to get some good seat time on the slick rock. Got to make all of my fuel money count you know.

15. #15 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Yeah I think I will have some non-grand people with me that will be wheelin all week long.. let you know closer towards the time.

16. #16 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    I dunno if I'm going to be able to participate, but I'm sure I could convince my roommate and some other friends with well-equipped vehicles to road-trip/ room/ get wasted with me and run trail seperatly as a group. It's been a couple years since most of us have wheeled the sandstone so the convincing shouldn't be too difficult.
    Poetry in commotion.

17. #17 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Zjmike4 and SuicideTireZJ - keep me posted on what's going on. I need some confirmation fairly soon so the wife can book her time off. Hope to see you all in few months.

18. #18 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    I have a buddy that sounds like he'd be willing to come down and lead some trails for people on those days. He only has an XJ on 33's but he knows the area better than I do (and I get around pretty well ) and could lead most anything that isn't too difficult
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

19. #19 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Thanks for the heads up Cody. I don't mind if the trails are not super hard core. However, I would like to get at least one challenging trail in while I'm there. The rest of the time I would be fine with more of a scenic sight seeing type of trail.

20. #20 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO MO View Post
    He wants to come to Moab because it may be his only chance to go with someone (his brother-> me).
    He knows its a Grand only event . We are going to try and hit town on Monday night. I/ we want to get a couple of days in before GSW. We are trying to find someone to hook him up with while I'm with the Grands on Fri, Sat, Sun.

If anybody is going to be there early in the week post up so we can make better plans.

Thanks,
    Brett
    i'l be there 2 days before the event. i woudl love to wheel with yoru bro. his rig is dope!!
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

21. #21 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    you guys need to let me know pretty soon if my friend brett should commit the time off and $$ to come down to lead trails for non grands. He'd do it, but if he comes down and ends up with nothing to do he's going to be mad at me.

22. #22 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa View Post
    i'l be there 2 days before the event. i woudl love to wheel with yoru bro. his rig is dope!!
    We are planning to be there by Monday evening so I think we will try and wheel Tuesday and Wednesday. Looking forward to meeting you.

23. #23 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    you guys need to let me know pretty soon if my friend brett should commit the time off and $$ to come down to lead trails for non grands. He'd do it, but if he comes down and ends up with nothing to do he's going to be mad at me.
    Cody, we are definitely coming down. I will also have another friend coming down with a highly modded turbo 4.0L YJ. We do want to wheel Friday and Saturday while you guys are doing your thing.

24. #24 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Well, my buddy with the YJ just called me and told me that he can't get the time off now. We are definitely still coming so I definitely still need someone to wheel with.

25. #25 Re: Any Non-Grands going to be in the area? 
    Cody - is your buddy confirmed to be there with his XJ? I just booked my campsite so we will definitely be ready once we get there. Anybody else confirmed to be there to play?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information