Thread: 07 Baja 1000 Race...

1. #1 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    We are still racing...

We need help if anyone is interested.

Need help with Chase and Pits and Beer Drinking if you want to come down...

Let me know....

Ted
    Peak Empire Racing

2. #2 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    I'm in. I've been a little busy the last couple days but I'll jump on your board here soon and contribute.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

3. #3 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Just let me know and what you can contribute...
    Peak Empire Racing

4. #4 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Ted, Brentt has been speaking to you on my behalf. I will volunteer to work a pit. Let me know where you need us and we'll help you out.
    Rogue Off Road

5. #5 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Applying for my passport as I type this. Ted I would be willing to pit and chase (in a spare seat).

Chad

6. #6 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Ted and I talked on the Phone a bit, so he knows I am in still. For everyone else I am real sorry I could not head up the other rig, but life happens. I will still be chasing for Ted and Peak Empire!

My Dmax is full of qualified people and ready to rock.

Cody, I have one more seat open most likely. Gimme a holler if you want to fill it.
    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to the countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. The responsibility of the United States in this conflict is to eliminate weapons of mass destruction, to minimize the danger to our troops and to diminish the suffering of the Iraqi peole." - Nancy Pelosi circa 1998

And your rebuttal Ms. Communist bitch?

7. #7 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    I may try and get my ZJ to the point where I can trust people having trust in it .....did that make sense?....and chase in it

Hold that seat for me for a couple days. I'm going to see how a couple things pan out...
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

8. #8 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I may try and get my ZJ to the point where I can trust people having trust in it .....did that make sense?....and chase in it

Hold that seat for me for a couple days. I'm going to see how a couple things pan out...

Hey man, you live in SLC? Me and my bro will be in SLC next week if you live there... You in for Beers and Naked women??? hahahah... Be there late tuesday - thursday boarding....

Later..
    Ted
    Peak Empire Racing

9. #9 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCo View Post
    Ted, Brentt has been speaking to you on my behalf. I will volunteer to work a pit. Let me know where you need us and we'll help you out.

I'll let you know as the time get's closer.. When the rigs done, the logistics will need to be close at that time..

Who all has actually ran the Baja.. any of you guys?
    Peak Empire Racing

10. #10 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Quote Originally Posted by chadjans View Post
    Applying for my passport as I type this. Ted I would be willing to pit and chase (in a spare seat).

Chad

You don't need a passport to go to Mexico.
    1993 Trashcan, 7/8 Ton, 37's

Some people play golf, others enjoy football...I just really like fucking with people.

Vote REPUBLICAN.......because EVERYONE can't be on WELFARE!!!

11. #11 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    Hehehe, that just made me think back a bit. I remember my first trip to Mexico........
    PS...to my knowledge i was not anally raped...but i did have some strange shits the next day.

I pay taxes so the government can pay for a bunch of white trash and shitbag illegals to have free medical care/welfare. Lovely.

12. #12 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    yep, it's a mans country.. full of guidelines.. no rules.. HA!
    Peak Empire Racing

13. #13 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Have fun with that...lol.

For everyone else, you should have a passport.
    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to the countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. The responsibility of the United States in this conflict is to eliminate weapons of mass destruction, to minimize the danger to our troops and to diminish the suffering of the Iraqi peole." - Nancy Pelosi circa 1998

14. #14 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    but to get back to the states wouldn't you need one?
    This person should be taken as seriously as a heart attack while piloting a zeppelin over a bacon factory, which is the most serious of heart attacks, because if that zeppelin crashes into that bacon factory all of us will be without bacon and that simply will not do.

15. #15 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    I'm not sure on the timelines, but for air travel you need the passport. For ground travel, you still have some time. My trip to China in July I am pretty sure I need one though.
    '96 ZJ: 4.5" RE w/2" BB, 360/46re swap, Bilstein's, 36" IROK's, 8.8 rear w/Detroit, 4.56 gears, trussed 30 front with Trutrac, Warn 9.5XP, etc... Parted out and SOLD

'84 Scrambler - Locked, caged, and 37's

'98 5.9 ZJ: built 360 in the works

2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel

16. #16 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    from what I"ve been told, you can drive accross the boarder until 08 without a passport. As of 08 it's passport time yo.

17. #17 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Some lawmakers are trying to void the whole passport to mexico/canada. I do and dont agree with it, as it is a good way to help distinguish illegals from residents, but it also slows the boarder crossing down. I say we (United States) just buy the entire mexico penninsula that holds the baja race.
    '98 ZJ, Stock - Climate Controled Center Console.
    '88 MJ, 37's, Dana 60s, 98 drivetrain and interior.
    '98 XJ, Parts for the MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebay Seller
    Due to a new member of the famiy, I am going to have to sell my baby.
    Originally Posted by Puma297 I'm just saying thats a nice looking cock. and man I wouldn't mind getting reamed by that!

18. #18 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    You do need a passport to get back in the U.S. As of the end of Jan 07. That is for both air and ground. My Father just went down there in Jan and was reminded he had to use his passport in march when he gos back.

Before all you had to do was to show your ID and birth certificate to get back in the U.S .

19. #19 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    More info on... well everything? I'm still really interested in everything but I'm essentially stuck in Denver. MIGHT be able to supply a chase truck for the actual event though, I'll know in a couple weeks probably.
    Poetry in commotion.

20. #20 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    When flying to Mexico previously, I recall being required to have a copy of my birth certificate along with a driver's license or a state ID, but never a passport.

When walking or driving to mexico, I've never needed anything more than a driver's license. The last time Dale and I walked through the border back into the US, I showed the guy my license and he waved me through without even looking at it. I said, "You're kidding? That's it? Why is it harder to get into a bar in the US than it is to enter the country?" He gave me a really pissed-off dirty look at which time I decided maybe I should just keep my mouth shut.
    1993 Trashcan, 7/8 Ton, 37's

Some people play golf, others enjoy football...I just really like fucking with people.

Vote REPUBLICAN.......because EVERYONE can't be on WELFARE!!!

21. #21 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideTireZJ View Post
    More info on... well everything? I'm still really interested in everything but I'm essentially stuck in Denver. MIGHT be able to supply a chase truck for the actual event though, I'll know in a couple weeks probably.
    We are in the midste of the logistical hurricane. If your serious about wanting to chase I seriously suggest you get intouch with Ted ASAP. It is his show overall.

My Chase rig will be there, but I am completly full for passengers. I suggest you go to PeakEmpire.com and check the forums. There is a developing list for what every chase truck is going to need. Take a look at that and then decide if this is something for you.

This is not cheap, your rig needs a 300 dollar GPS, 300 dollar VHF and you need to rent a Sat Phone for your chase rig. Not to mention Tools, Gas, wear and tear on your rig, Food, Beer and Lodging. Make sure you are really "IN" before you commit.

22. #22 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    When flying to Mexico previously, I recall being required to have a copy of my birth certificate along with a driver's license or a state ID, but never a passport.

When walking or driving to mexico, I've never needed anything more than a driver's license. The last time Dale and I walked through the border back into the US, I showed the guy my license and he waved me through without even looking at it. I said, "You're kidding? That's it? Why is it harder to get into a bar in the US than it is to enter the country?" He gave me a really pissed-off dirty look at which time I decided maybe I should just keep my mouth shut.

It's a new law that went into efect this year. It started at the end of Jan start of Febuary this this year.
    Some of the guys I work with are going down to Mexico in April and had to get their passports too.

23. #23 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    If you travel by air or sea- you need a passport. If you travel by land, as of right now you do not need a passport till 2008! (which my get extended).
    We go every year and just got back without any problems. People in our group did not have more the org. copy of Birth Cert. and ID.
    95 ZJ 5.2L/ Atlas II/ 8.5" Custom R.E.L.A. Kit with 35" MTR's on MT true beadlocks/ Ft Tera 50 with 31-spline alloy shafts/ Rear Tera 60 with 35-spline alloy shafts/ ARB's/ 4.56 gears/ winch/ FT & Rear bumpers/ custom rock sliders/ etc. etc.

24. #24 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelnzj View Post
    If you travel by air or sea- you need a passport. If you travel by land, as of right now you do not need a passport till 2008! (which my get extended).
    We go every year and just got back without any problems. People in our group did not have more the org. copy of Birth Cert. and ID.
    That is good to hear. Makes planning a lot easier.

We are still going guys! If you want to help out Peak Empire Racing you should get intouch with Ted. I talk to him mostly through Pirate but I have his Cell # if he REALLY needs to be reached. My phone is 6189809783 if anyone so desires.

25. #25 Re: 07 Baja 1000 Race... 
    Anyone else coming down with brennt and his crew????
    Peak Empire Racing

Thread Information