Thread: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Well, I had anawsome day at PAP. Ran moslty blues & did fine in my grocery getter since the 5.9 isn't done yet. There was between 6-8" of snow, so things were very slick, only had one major issue due to the snow. I slid down a hill about 25 yards (I hate not being in COMPLETE control so this SUCKED!!!) and caught a stump with my drivers front tire ---> torn sidewall on 1 year old truxxus MT. My other issue wasn't weather related, but my tc started to jump out of both low & high range (249) so we called it a day. As our group was headed for lunch we passed another group of much bigger rigs... driving by I recognized part of a hood to be a ZJ, quick yanked over to the side of the trail & hopped out to confirm the thing I saw was a ZJ... all the guys saw me comin'. So for those of you who aren't catching it, it was to meet ya Matt (OverkillZJ). I remember seein your post on here about taking the car to PAP, but didn't come back to the board to realize the rig was gonna be there too.

Anyhow all-in-all I had an awsome time for most likely the last time ever at Paragon. Here's the only shot I got with my phone before heading out:
    Attached Images  
    dd - Red '96 5.9 ZJ Limited, 4.5", 33's, hp30/al44, skids, sliders, ARB bumper
    gf's dd - '02 4.7 Ltd. WJ, 2.5" bb, skids n' hooks

1 BAD WGN

2. #2 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    BTW my overhead comp read 5 degrees ALL DAY at PAP, hey Matt how was the ride with no windshield??
    dd - Red '96 5.9 ZJ Limited, 4.5", 33's, hp30/al44, skids, sliders, ARB bumper
    gf's dd - '02 4.7 Ltd. WJ, 2.5" bb, skids n' hooks

1 BAD WGN

3. #3 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    I was there wheeling with Matt yesterday. My ZJ is dead right now so I took my tow truggy to beat on which has no heater or sheetmetal. It actually wasn't too cold. I think Matt and I had the most off the wall rigs there Didn't get any pics myself but once some body post them I'm sure it will be entertaining to say the least.

It was good to see Matt get the buggy out on the trails.
    95' zj custom body work
    04' wj stock
    bunch of other things with wheels

4. #4 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Rawr Lifetime Supporter jfowlzj95's Avatar
    Jon

95 ZJ, it gone.
    07 Cummins Fire Truck, it tow.
    76 J-10, 'Heep' Jeep.
    06 Boobicon, it wheel.

5. #5 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    It was an awesome day. I think it was pretty emotional for all involved given the impending closure of the park.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Skyline; 02-04-2007 at 04:31 PM.
    '96 GC Laredo V8; Tom Woods front U-Joint Shaft; Kevins sliders; 4.5" RE springs; Kevin's track bar conversion; JKS short arms, discos, and track bars; Pro Comp 16x8 mags with 305/70/16 Mud rovers.

Support Our Troops!!!

6. #6 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    My son got a huge kick out of the fact that Matt's buggy actually started life as a ZJ, and Matt was nice enough to let him pose at the wheel. It was pretty funny seeing him try to get in, as the frame rail was about up to his waist!
    Attached Images  
    '96 GC Laredo V8; Tom Woods front U-Joint Shaft; Kevins sliders; 4.5" RE springs; Kevin's track bar conversion; JKS short arms, discos, and track bars; Pro Comp 16x8 mags with 305/70/16 Mud rovers.

Support Our Troops!!!

7. #7 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Here's a couple of pictures of the staging area. I've never seen so many built up off-roaders before anywhere....but it's a shame that the event had to be a wake.
    Attached Images  

Support Our Troops!!!

8. #8 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Another pic of the staging area
    Attached Images  

Support Our Troops!!!

9. #9 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    One more pic
    Attached Images  

Support Our Troops!!!

10. #10 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    A couple of trail pics
    Attached Images  

Support Our Troops!!!

11. #11 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Rawr Lifetime Supporter jfowlzj95's Avatar
    Thats a lot of rigs! Damn, wish I could have been there.
    Jon

95 ZJ, it gone.
    07 Cummins Fire Truck, it tow.
    76 J-10, 'Heep' Jeep.
    06 Boobicon, it wheel.

12. #12 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    The trails were definately interesting. You could pick your line, but there was no guarantee you could stay on it. Put a wheel on a rock, and it would most likely slide off. Even some trails that were labeled as "green" became much harder because rocks that a stocker could avoid without the snow, became serious issues. A stock ZJ in my group ripped their center crossmember off their vehicle, on a "stock" trail. Towards the end of the day, most of the downhills had enough ice patches to keep it really interesting.
    Attached Images  

Support Our Troops!!!

13. #13 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    That was the most fun I've had in a LONG time! I forgot it was possible to beat the crap out of your rig, and NOT destroy it

Jeff (MudForBlood) gave me the bug for full throttle snow wheeling, I probably shouldn't have been behind him, becaue his belief that throttle can solve just about any situation rubbed off on me

It was nice meeting all of you I can into, I'll try and dig up some pics from various friends, I forgot to take my camera outa the hotel room! Man, I just wish someone got pics of my uber-suburban-burnout, I think Sudz at least saw it. Lots of smoke

14. #14 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    That was the most fun I've had in a LONG time! I forgot it was possible to beat the crap out of your rig, and NOT destroy it

Jeff (MudForBlood) gave me the bug for full throttle snow wheeling, I probably shouldn't have been behind him, becaue his belief that throttle can solve just about any situation rubbed off on me

It was nice meeting all of you I can into, I'll try and dig up some pics from various friends, I forgot to take my camera outa the hotel room! Man, I just wish someone got pics of my uber-suburban-burnout, I think Sudz at least saw it. Lots of smoke
    Your welcome!
    95' zj custom body work
    04' wj stock

15. #15 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    I went with my local group and met matt and a few others, not good with names, at the bar at the hotel. we had a great time and had decent carnage. ill post a link to all the pics we have when i get home in a few hours. we got shot by JP Mag and it sounds like a few will be used. were also trading some pics with them. all in all, we had a great time and ran as many trails as possible. it was great meeting you guys out there.
    '98 ZJ, Stock - Climate Controled Center Console.
    '88 MJ, 37's, Dana 60s, 98 drivetrain and interior.
    '98 XJ, Parts for the MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebay Seller
    Due to a new member of the famiy, I am going to have to sell my baby.
    Originally Posted by Puma297 I'm just saying thats a nice looking cock. and man I wouldn't mind getting reamed by that!

16. #16 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Man, I just wish someone got pics of my uber-suburban-burnout, I think Sudz at least saw it. Lots of smoke
    - i'm glad i had my visine handy

Long Live Paragon!

trails were insane this weekend

here's a few of the staging area saturday morning - 4 degrees!
    Attached Images     
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

17. #17 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Quote Originally Posted by mudforblood View Post
    My ZJ is dead right now so I took my tow truggy to beat on which has no heater or sheetmetal.
    I've never seen a rig quite like that. Is there some sort of story behind it?

Support Our Troops!!!

18. #18 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    I was in the black CJ5 leading Overkill's group since my ZJ was down with T-case issues

I gotta say it was too cool while we were down by the pond for truggy fuel pump repairs and we were watching ZJ after ZJ slide to a stop when the recognized Overkill's buggy!

I didn't get a word in edgewise with anyone since Matt was the man of the hour, but I did recognize Skylines green ZJ in the bunch and matts96zj's rig which were excellent looking Mo-Cheen's.

19. #19 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I've never seen a rig quite like that. Is there some sort of story behind it?

thats his log skidder, just happens to be a back up wheelin' vehicle too

20. #20 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gonecheenin View Post
    thats his log skidder, just happens to be a back up wheelin' vehicle too
    I love that his back-up wheelin' vehicle is more capable than the majority of other wheelin' vehicles

21. #21 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Looks like you guys had a great time.
    Sad to see Paragon is closing.
    Anthony

96 Talon TSI AWD - Hey, at least it has a transfer case.
    03 Chevy Tracker - I hate IFS!

22. #22 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    I love that his back-up wheelin' vehicle is more capable than the majority of other wheelin' vehicles
    That is messed up. I wonder why I even bother with the other ones. Its alot cheaper too. The whole driveline is stock, except for a few broken leaves for added flex.
    The most expensive part on it is the winch and fuel cell.

The engine is(was) pretty built. 400m .040 over, 850 edelbrock, weiand dual plane intake,blah,blah. It had a pretty steep cam in it until I flattened 4 lobes and ruined a couple lifters. So I ripped a rusty one out of a spare engine in my yard and threw a couple half seized lifters in. Doesnt run too bad considering.
    95' zj custom body work
    04' wj stock

23. #23 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    Quote Originally Posted by mudforblood View Post
    That is messed up. I wonder why I even bother with the other ones. Its alot cheaper too. The whole driveline is stock, except for a few broken leaves for added flex.
    The most expensive part on it is the winch and fuel cell.

The engine is(was) pretty built. 400m .040 over, 850 edelbrock, weiand dual plane intake,blah,blah. It had a pretty steep cam in it until I flattened 4 lobes and ruined a couple lifters. So I ripped a rusty one out of a spare engine in my yard and threw a couple half seized lifters in. Doesnt run too bad considering.
    Seems to me it would be a great rig for an ORV park to own. That way they could yank rigs with broken axles/ball joits etc. off the trail with one end off the ground.

Support Our Troops!!!

24. #24 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    hey suds good meeting you at paragon sat hope to see you again on the trails soon
    dave

25. #25 Re: PAP yesterday (last weekend for PAP) 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matts96zj View Post
    I slid down a hill about 25 yards (I hate not being in COMPLETE control so this SUCKED!!!) and caught a stump with my drivers front tire ---> torn sidewall on 1 year old truxxus MT.
    Was that Cherokee Ridge? I pretty much just slid the whole way down that steep hill. I'm pretty sure they closed that trail down later in the day.

There was another wide open hill that was a big sheet of ice -- that was closed down during the day, too. Super Swampers and ice don't mix too well

All in all it was a fun, yet sad weekend. I saw quite a few ZJs there that put mine to shame

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information