Thread: Paragon Closing!!!!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. #151 Re: Paragon Closing!!!!!! 
    Don't get me wrong..... I'd be down there cash in hand first weekend if they opened it back up. I never got the chance to run Paragon, so I don't know what I'm missing.

2. #152 Re: Paragon Closing!!!!!! 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2584383/

Oct 16, 2009 (The Citizens' Voice - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX)

Four companies named as defendants in a controversial land case are refusing to provide evidence necessary for a review of allegations that corruption influenced a judge's ruling, according to a court filing by attorneys for the estate of the man bidding to recover the land.

Attorneys for Nanticoke Micro Technologies, Tektronix Inc., Xerox Corporation and First National Community Bank have filed objections to evidence requests, claiming the case had already been settled and "there is no need for further discussion."

The state Supreme Court appointed Luzerne County President Judge Chester B. Muroski in August to review the case -- which centers on an Emmaus man's bid to recover an acre of land in Nanticoke -- after allegations corruption influenced former Judge Mark A. Ciavarella Jr.'s rulings.

The estate of the man, Emil Malinowski, asked the high court to review the ruling after Ciavarella and ex-Judge Michael T. Conahan defaulted on $4.5 million in loans from the bank.

Conahan was a member of the bank's board of directors when the loans, for a failed townhouse development project, were made.
    Ciavarella and Conahan were charged last month in a 48-count indictment for allegedly pocketing $2.8 million in kickbacks from the developer, Robert K. Mericle, and co-owner, Robert J. Powell, of a pair of privately owned juvenile detention centers.

Attorneys for the estate said in a court filing Thursday that the requested evidence -- showing relationships between and among Ciavarella, Conahan, Powell and Mericle, related companies and the bank -- was critical for Muroski's review.

It is believed the objections from the four companies are "intended to obstruct (the estate's) efforts to investigate whether or not judicial corruption infected this matter," the attorneys said.
    msisak@citizensvoice.com, 570-821-2061
    http://paragonap.com/forum/showthrea...6#post50353766
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

3. #153 Re: Paragon Closing!!!!!! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Judge guilty in another case. Burn, bastard, burn... http://ap.stripes.com/dynamic/storie...MPLATE=DEFAULT

4. #154 Re: Paragon Closing!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Judge guilty in another case. Burn, bastard, burn...
    Sandy Fonzo, whose son was jailed by Ciavarella - and committed suicide last year at age 23 - screamed obscenities at the judge and even poked him as he and his attorneys held a news conference on the courthouse steps.

"My kid's not here anymore!" yelled Fonzo. "He's dead! Because of him! He ruined my ... life! I'd like him to go to hell and rot there forever!"

Ciavarella glanced at Fonzo, then turned his back.
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

5. #155 Re: Paragon Closing!!!!!! 
    why do these fawks have such a hardon for building an airport at this location?

this shit never ends

http://republicanherald.com/news/jud...oard-1.1207757

Judge sends decision on cargo airport back to Schuylkill county zoning board
    BY PETER E. BORTNER (STAFF WRITER PBORTNER@REPUBLICANHERALD.COM)
    Published: September 23, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sudz View Post
    why do these fawks have such a hardon for building an airport at this location?

this shit never ends

http://republicanherald.com/news/jud...oard-1.1207757
    You should know.. politics is all about the money... someone waved money , and they all got all jizzed up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

7. #157 Re: Paragon Closing!!!!!! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    Not 100% on this but... the two leasors can sue the estate for breach of contract. The state can then chose to award them the full value of the contract (25 years - what they actually used before closing) or they can enforce a penalty, like extending the lease or financial consideration. Again not my state but they tend to have similar laws, except Mississipi since there's is based on Napoleonic law not English law.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

8. #158 Re: Paragon Closing!!!!!! 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZJ TINS View Post
    Not 100% on this but... the two leasors can sue the estate for breach of contract.
    Welcome to 2007.

Here are the high-level cliffs:
    - Kyle and Steph got evicted for supposedly breaching the lease (unpaid rent, I believe) and there are plans to build an airport where Paragon was.
    - Kyle and Steph appeal eviction citing that they paid everything and never breached the lease.
    - Some documents were supposedly not filed on time -- Kyle and Steph claim they did file on time, though.
    - Eviction is upheld and Paragon closes officially.
    - Kyle and Steph buy the Badlands Offroad Park in Indiana.
    - The land owner, lawyer, judge, and secretaries involved in the Paragon eviction case were all found to be in cahoots with each other (a lot of money changed hands between them) for years and years of past cases -- thus nullifying the results of the 100s of court cases they were all involved in.
    - Kyle and Steph's new court date keeps getting postponed (although I haven't been keeping tabs of whether they are still waiting or even bothering with this anymore).

So yeah, they did everything they legally could -- but the judicial system in that area was totally corrupt.
    Last edited by SirFuego; 02-23-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

9. #159 Re: Paragon Closing!!!!!! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    So the new court can look at the old courts corrupted verdict and set aside that finding or award. Then they can do what I stated before, but it takes time and money and no guarantee.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

10. #160 Re: Paragon Closing!!!!!! 
    Cargo airport denied approval
    By peter e. bortner (Staff Writer)
    Published: January 31, 2014

Opponents of a cargo airport proposed for the Hazleton area won a significant victory Thursday, as a Schuylkill County judge denied a special exception for the partnership that wants to construct the facility.

In a 28-page opinion and order, Judge James P. Goodman ruled that Gladstone Partners LP, Pittsburgh, failed to show it had sufficient off-street parking, proper access and a state aviation license for the airport.

All three are necessary for the approval, and the Schuylkill County Zoning Hearing Board erred when it granted the special exception on Aug. 3, 2012, without any of them, Goodman decided.

"The Board abused its discretion and erroneously granted the special exception," Goodman wrote.

The decision represents a victory for East Union Township and Service Electric Cable Vision Inc., which had appealed the board's decision and sought to block the airport.

Goodman did not go further in his ruling, leaving unanswered the question of whether the board had the right to hear the case.

However, his ruling deals a serious, perhaps fatal, blow to the plans for the airport Gladstone wants to build on a 4,300-acre unimproved property in East Union and Kline townships in Schuylkill County and Hazle Township in Luzerne County. The property borders Humboldt Industrial Park and Interstate 81.

Some citizens and officials in East Union Township have opposed the proposal, citing concerns about noise, property values and traffic.

On June 11, 2009, during the controversy over the proposal, East Union enacted a zoning ordinance and has contended Gladstone must seek zoning approval from it instead of the county.

In his opinion, Goodman said Gladstone had the burden of showing it had complied with the county zoning ordinance's requirements for a special exception.

"(It) must prove not only that the proposed use was of a type permitted by special exception but also that the proposed use complied with the other applicable requirements of the ordinance which expressly govern such a grant," Goodman wrote.

Gladstone produced no evidence that it provided either a sufficient number of off-street parking spaces for the airport or for adequate entry and exit to the property itself, Goodman wrote.

"Gladstone presented plans which depict the layout of the runway but no plans that depict any parking or any ingress or egress," according to the judge.

Goodman also wrote that Gladstone's plans contain no indication of any access except for a minor road, and that is not permitted under the ordinance.

Furthermore, Gladstone's promises that it will supply adequate off-street parking, entry and exit, are insufficient to satisfy the ordinance, and are not made sufficient by the board conditioning its approval requiring primary entry and exit for all vehicle traffic to and from the property to be directly from Interstate 81, according to Goodman.

"An applicant must show at the time of the application compliance with all of the zoning requirements," he wrote. "The grant of a special exception cannot be supported by a promise to comply with the ordinance."

Additionally, Gladstone failed to obtain a license from the state Department of Transportation's Bureau of Aviation before filing for the special exception, and Goodman ruled that that oversight also requires rejection of the special exception.

It is irrelevant that the Federal Aviation Administration has given a conditional no objection to letter for the airport, Goodman wrote. That letter deals only with reservation of air space and explicitly does not pre-empt any state regulation, according to the judge.

"We find that Gladstone was required to be licensed by PennDOT" before applying for the special exception, Goodman wrote.

Those failures are sufficient to require denial of the special exception, according to Goodman.

Specifically, he said no discussion was required of the pending ordinance doctrine, which could force Gladstone to go before East Union zoners instead of the county board because township's ordinance was under actual consideration when the partnership submitted its application.

"We need not address any of the other issues presented," Goodman wrote.

In a separate case, the Commonwealth Court upheld the legality of East Union's zoning ordinance.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Thread Information