PDA

View Full Version : Infinity amp & new deck

Justheman80
10-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I just put in a new alpine deck. I wired the front speakers to the deck and left the rear speakers wired up to the factory infinity amp.

My problem is that the infinity amp is only turning on when the deck is in radio mode (with the power antana up). When I listen to my CD or Ipod the amp won't turn on, leaving the rear speakers doing nothing.

I had the remote and power antana wires comming off my deck scotch locked togeather and it made my amp turn on corectly, but it made the antana stay up all the time (it should be down while the Ipod and CD are in use), it also made my antana over extend and make so horible noises.

How do I fix this?

AgitatedPancake
10-20-2006, 04:46 PM
fine another 12v constant ( i think its a 12v?) thats only on when the ignition is in the on position, and wire the remote to it.

CurtP
10-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I had the remote and power antana wires comming off my deck scotch locked togeather and it made my amp turn on corectly, but it made the antana stay up all the time (it should be down while the Ipod and CD are in use), it also made my antana over extend and make so horible noises.

How do I fix this?

Why did you have both the remote and power antenna wires connected together :confused:

Remote power lead to the amp, power antenna lead to the power antenna.

Didn't the HU come with fucking installation instructions?

Tommy
10-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Did you buy the wiring harness? Just my preference I guess, makes the install rather simple and clean. I did the same thing when I put my pioneer deck in and had no problems, amp works great. Followed instructions on the deck... Just keep water out of the door speakers. It sounds funny. j/k

TrojanMan
10-23-2006, 11:49 PM
get a real amp. The infinity amp works well with stock speakers but kinda blows otherwise. The infinity amp is 2 ohms which means you're only getting 1/2 the power with 4 ohm speakers.. that and it has a built in equalizer so stacking equalizers from the non-factory head unit sucks.

Justheman80
10-26-2006, 08:05 PM
I Did get the wire harness and I did have the wires wired up in the proper fashion a first. But like i said the factory amp would not turn on while in CD or Ipod mode. Buy hooking the two wires togeather the amp turns on correctly. But it also then makes my power antana over extend for a few second and it sounds like it will evenually strip the antana gears.

On after market HU there the antana stays down unless it is in radio mode. The factory wire that moves the antana up is the same wire that turns on the factory amp. I need to figure out wich wire turns the factory amp on and run remote wire to it.

BLACKZJ
10-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Cheap,Easy,Fast fix...when the antenna goes up, unplug it.BUT when I put the Alpine in the ol lady's car, it had a seperate lead for the amp.Dont remember what color it was, but it didn't plug in the harness. Have fun