PDA

View Full Version : Moab 10/6- 10/8

zjmike4
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Just got back. Had a great time. It was me, my dad's rubicon on 35's(Gary), built TJ w/ streched wheelbase and 37's(Ryan) and another TJ on 35s(Roy). We ran Moab Rim friday and pritchett saturday. I almost rolled on Moab Rim. I was coming down the ledges right above the crack, got a little sideways and felt the rear passenger coming up... fast. I've never rolled before, but I knew it was going over then and I ducked in towards the gear shifter. Ryan ran up and grabbed my Jeep and brought it down. He later said that if he wasn't there it would have definately flopped so lucky. Prichett was a lot of fun especially since I had not done it before. It rained about 3"s the week before, so now there is a really tough new uphill climb right near the beginning that someone said was never there before. Ryan rolled his TJ on his side there. Then Gary busted a u-joint so hard that it sheared off the ears on his inner and outer shafts in the front right. Then Roy broke his locker in the rear (electronic) so it won't disengage and grinds really bad at the rockpile. They are still out there so they're going to take it apart and hopefully get it fixed tomorrow. Today I found that I had twisted my lca front driver axle bracket so bad that I had to grind it down a lot just to get a weld on it. So no one got out clean on this trip! All in all it was a great trip with a great group. I don't have pictures up yet, but I will soon. I had to come into the office tonight so I figured I'd be counter-productive and get on-line here instead.

JohnBoulderCO
10-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Post up some pics!

zjmike4
10-14-2006, 05:45 PM
http://www.mhjcontherocks.com/Community/Moab4x4Trails/2121.aspx

that's the group write up.. I don't know how to post my own pictures on here...