PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Non-Wheeling Related Mods Forum

BigDaveZJ
10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
MallCrawlin was created to be a vast source of technical information on how to modify a Grand Cherokee to be more capable off-road, and that is still the absolute intent of this site. However, as we grow and people learn that MallCrawlin is THE place to go for ZJ and WJ information, we are attracting members that aren't as interested in hacking up their rigs, throwing 60's under it, and rolling it over on a gnarly obstacle, so I created a new forum for Non-Wheeling Related Mods. Hence the name of the forum. I'm pretty creative, eh?

SO, onto what kind of stuff I hope to see in here, and keep out of the wheeling related mods forums. Stuff like stereos, alarms, big HP upgrades, asthetic upgrades, any modifications to a Grand that does not make it more capable or reliable off road.

But if you post up in here asking about lowering your Grand and putting some duece duece's under it with rainbow colored neon lights, put your flame suit on!

OverkillZJ
10-05-2006, 09:55 PM
That better be one hell of a flame suit....

hkszx2
10-05-2006, 10:02 PM
so would things like radar detectors and cb's go underhere or like in cabin storage?

DJJordache
10-05-2006, 10:46 PM
hmm does that mean you want a writeup on how to make your own exhaust flamethrower like the one I had a long while back
I got your flamesuit right here::D
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/151000-151999/151822_16.jpg

BigDaveZJ
10-05-2006, 11:10 PM
so would things like radar detectors and cb's go underhere or like in cabin storage?

CB's are used to communicate when wheeling, so they would go in Newbie Tech. And I've NEVER seen a speed trap on a trail, so radar detectors would go here.

Krash80
10-05-2006, 11:28 PM
BOOOOOO! Bad idea. You're starting the beginning of the end of this being a good website. By adding that forum, you're going to attract a bunch of high school kids that know nothing about wheeling and then they'll take over the whole site and before you know it you'll have a KJ forum and this place will be just like JU. Please fight the temptation....keep this a "hard core tech" only wesite!

BigDaveZJ
10-05-2006, 11:36 PM
You see that blue word underneath your username Ron? That means you get to help me keep this stuff confined to this forum and maintain the original intent of this site!

SWEEEEET.

NAFTEL
10-06-2006, 09:57 AM
good idea on the forum but yeah they better have a flamesuit and umbrella to protect against the shit storm that will fall on retards adding more bling.

hkszx2
10-06-2006, 05:33 PM
But if you post up in here asking about lowering your Grand and putting some duece duece's under it with rainbow colored neon lights, put your flame suit on!

so ... what exactly is required to bag and drag unibody on my jeep with some duece duece's ? :D

ATL ZJ
10-06-2006, 07:45 PM
BOOOOOO! Bad idea. You're starting the beginning of the end of this being a good website. By adding that forum, you're going to attract a bunch of high school kids that know nothing about wheeling and then they'll take over the whole site and before you know it you'll have a KJ forum and this place will be just like JU. Please fight the temptation....keep this a "hard core tech" only wesite!

You hit the nail on the head.. The end is long past started. I remember the day that I was afraid to post on this site because I wasn't sure if my topics were hardcore enough.. Those days are long gone- look at all the JU webwheeler types that infest this forum. They aren't afraid to post worthless bullshit, and it is tolerated. Maybe moved, but never deleted.. If you try and claim otherwise, you're in denial.. Just proof that a truly hardcore Grand Cherokee site does not and cannot exist..

BigDaveZJ
10-06-2006, 08:04 PM
You hit the nail on the head.. The end is long past started. I remember the day that I was afraid to post on this site because I wasn't sure if my topics were hardcore enough.. Those days are long gone- look at all the JU webwheeler types that infest this forum. They aren't afraid to post worthless bullshit, and it is tolerated. Maybe moved, but never deleted.. If you try and claim otherwise, you're in denial.. Just proof that a truly hardcore Grand Cherokee site does not and cannot exist..

"Truly hardcore" encompasses probably 50 Grand Owners nationwide, it simply wouldn't work.

The non-wheeling mod was created to keep the webwheeler posts OUT of the real tech forums. There has been a lot of worthless crap posted lately, and unless I've missed some stuff, it's all been moved into the newb tech forum or this one. The reason most people were "afraid" to post stuff here is because of the backlash they would get from the members of this board. The only place I have stated that I don't want to see flaming for dumb ideas is the newb tech forum. Matt and I haven't had the time to spend every waking minute on this board like we used to, and unfortunately it shows. We can't be there to piss in newb's wheaties all the time.

The intent of this board has been, and always will be, about taking Grand's to the highest level possible. The word is out that the member's of this site know more about Grands than any other site out there. So when a newb has a newbtastic question to ask, they're going to go where the people that know the answer are. And it's a double edged sword. It sucks because we have to put up with newb shit, but it also brings a new member to the board who down the road could contribute on an advanced level of tech and it exposes that member to what their vehicle can do, if they're insane enough to try it.

My opinion is that the Non-Wheeling Mod forum will be a success in of itself, and help the site as a whole maintain its original focus. If this doens't happen, then I was wrong. But there is only so much I can do as an admin. As JU continues to go downhill, and NAGCA is, well, NAGCA, there are voids being created out there. The void I intended to fill was the element above where the other boards left off, a truly advanced level of tech. As these new voids are created, people will seek out the best place to get the info they want. That leads many of them here. So the newbie tech forum and this forum were created to give those people a place to post without interfering with the original intent of this board.

If I'm proven wrong, I'll shit-can the whole Non-Wheeling Mods forum, but only time will tell.

OverkillZJ
10-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Cam,

You're an idiot.

-Matt.

(But really, because we've created forums you don't like to keep the bullshit out of the ones you do. STFU and avoid the ones you don't like, there, problem solved!)

ATL ZJ
10-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Cam,

You're an idiot.

-Matt.

(But really, because we've created forums you don't like to keep the bullshit out of the ones you do. STFU and avoid the ones you don't like, there, problem solved!)
I liked dave's response better... :flipoff2: you know I'm right and that's why I got a response like that..

But Dave, I do agree with what you've said. I think it's partially a good thing, albeit slightly disconnected from mallcrawlin's original vision. But growth happens- I wouldn't complain either..

CurtP
10-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Is it open for discussion on a correct name for the new area? How about "Fag Forum - the forum for the fucktards too stupid to know they should be on JU" :flipoff2:

BigDaveZJ
10-07-2006, 12:49 AM
I will definitely consider alternate names for it!

Bustin' Loose
10-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Okay, what the hell is this site coming to? Do we let anyone be staff?? Ron is now staff again??? Shit. I say we let him Mod the Non-Wheeling Related Mods Forum only. Not that I can talk much since I have "Staff" next to my name as well and the amount of moding I do fits in a thimble but hell, if you sleep with the owner of the site every damn night I think you earn a few perk’s.

In any event, I have a feeling most people will be embarrassed to post in this forum. I mean come on? Who is gonna be gay enough to ask questions about making blinging out your jeep? I'm a girl and would be embarrassed to do it.

CurtP
10-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Not that I can talk much since I have "Staff" next to my name as well and the amount of moding I do fits in a thimble but hell, if you sleep with the owner of the site every damn night I think you earn a few perk’s.

Well, you deserve some sort of perk after being punished like that :D

violatedppl
10-08-2006, 09:04 PM
how about this should be on JU section.

2000_WJ
10-08-2006, 09:30 PM
have the new forums link take you to JU

dont bring that shit in here! :)

fr3db3ar
10-09-2006, 03:26 PM
If I lower my rig 4" is that as hardcore as lifting it 4" :D Maybe I can find some 12" spinners somewhere.

BigDaveZJ
10-09-2006, 04:06 PM
If I lower my rig 4" is that as hardcore as lifting it 4" :D Maybe I can find some 12" spinners somewhere.

You could grind down the calipers a ton, or fab up a new brackets for the caliper to fit a rotor that you ground down to a smaller diameter. It would totally work. Just jack up the Jeep on jackstands, no wheels, and have someone give it gas so the rotors spin and go at it with your grinder. YES!!!

Mtn WJ
10-09-2006, 05:13 PM
So the other day I replaced my clear rubber floor mats with gray colored mats. I think it looks much better.

AgitatedPancake
10-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I got a gold pen, and colored my wheel weights gold before moab to make them look more expensive and better on my black steelies.

OverkillZJ
10-09-2006, 11:36 PM
I liked dave's response better... :flipoff2: you know I'm right and that's why I got a response like that..

But Dave, I do agree with what you've said. I think it's partially a good thing, albeit slightly disconnected from mallcrawlin's original vision. But growth happens- I wouldn't complain either..

You got a response like that because it's a tune you've sung way too much. The standards haven't changed for the tech forums. We added other forums to buffer for them.

Don't blame me because the world is full of stupid people.

ATL ZJ
10-10-2006, 12:57 AM
You got a response like that because it's a tune you've sung way too much. The standards haven't changed for the tech forums. We added other forums to buffer for them.

Don't blame me because the world is full of stupid people.

Weird, that's quite a different tune than:
It's a techinical driven forum; I understand perfectly well where Dave was coming from when he saw the guy will obviously have nothing to offer. There are better forums for him. http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2814&page=2

You will say that statement was made before newbie forums existed on this site, but the general idea that this site is not the place for stupid people was at the heart of that quote from over 2 years ago. And now this is a place where the world and all the stupid people in it can congregate?

OverkillZJ
10-10-2006, 11:00 AM
How is that "a different statement"?

Like I said, and please, read this carefully because I'm at wits end with this discussion:

THE STANDARDS FOR THE TECHNICAL FORUMS ON MALLCRAWLIN.COM HAVE NOT CHANGE ANY. PERIOD.

OTHER NON-TECHNICAL FORUMS HAVE BEEN ADDED.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM, PLEASE DO NOT READ THEM.

MORE SO, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM AND INSIST ON READING THEM, DO NOT CLAIM THAT WE'VE GOTTEN LAZY AND WE CHOSE TO LET MALLCRAWLIN SLIP DOWNHILL.

IT'S INSULTING AFTER THE WORK THAT WENT INTO THIS PLACE.

Was that clear enough?

MUDDTRACKS
10-10-2006, 07:07 PM
amen:smt075

Jim311
10-10-2006, 08:22 PM
I have noticed this forum is becoming more NAGCA-ified. More and more posts about budget boosts and other stupid shit. But it's still above and beyond most forums, and it's still the only Grand specific forum worth posting in.

The Dude
10-15-2007, 09:17 PM
I have noticed this forum is becoming more NAGCA-ified. More and more posts about budget boosts and other stupid shit. But it's still above and beyond most forums, and it's still the only Grand specific forum worth posting in.

I disagree...whats NAGCA-ified is...well NAGCA and JU and others half assed search functions where you have to sift through 300 dumbass budget boost and tire size questions from shitdicks who werent smart enough to use the damn thing to begin with. By putting all the shit here it makes it easier to search for what you want. Think of this forum as a shitter. Sure, its not your favorite place to hang out, but it would get pretty messy without it.