PDA

View Full Version : Moab in October

Z
08-15-2006, 11:39 PM
October trip was mentioned in another thread - started a new thread so it didn't get lost. So, who's up for it? I need to start planning in the next couple weeks, so I'd like to try to hammer out an exact date. Anyone up for October 13-15?

zjmike4
08-16-2006, 12:21 AM
I've already been planning on heading out there with my dad on Oct 6-9th so if you want to do that, I will already be out there! I will also have the condo out there, we can get about 5-6 more people in there too so you all would be welcome to stay there and save some $ for gas.

Cody
08-16-2006, 03:45 AM
I'll be in the area running Hole In the Rock Oct 12-15

Z
08-16-2006, 07:59 AM
I can do either (long) weekend. Cody, can you give more details on Hole in the Rock?

BigDaveZJ
08-16-2006, 10:58 AM
We should be in, just not sure which weekend yet.

Cody
08-16-2006, 04:39 PM
http://www.4x4now.com/hole.htm

http://www.utahadventure.com/directory/backroads.phtml?id=4

JohnBoulderCO
08-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Yep, I would like to make an October trip. Not sure which weekend either, need to check on that.

nate
08-17-2006, 12:25 PM
I'd like to, but I can't afford it with the $3.50/gal and up diesel prices.

SuicideTireZJ
08-17-2006, 12:52 PM
I'd really like to go, I'll just have to make sure I don't have any exams or any other conflicts. Last time I went to Moab I had Jeep problems and didn't make it back in time to take a test!

I should be able to save enough money up by that time. Count me in as 80%, as well as maybe one or two buddies with decently built rigs (ie. more capable than mine)

BigDaveZJ
08-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Pam and I have both put in our requests for time off for the 12th to the 15th. Moab for my birthday, sweet!

I read up on Hole in the Rock and that sounds like an amazing once in a lifetime kinda thing, but I dunno if we want to drive all the way to Powell.

Our plan right now is to head out Wednesday afternoon and be in Moab by 10PM. Then we can wheel Thursday, Friday, and Saturday before heading home Sunday.

Trails I'd like to do are Hell's Revenge, maybe a night run on Cliffhanger, and Spike. Also open to any new trails too.

SuicideTireZJ
08-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Dave, Hole In The Rock isn't TOO far away. It's maybe an hour from Moab. Actually, the Lockhart Basin and Elephant Hill trails both spit you out pretty close to it. If you haven't done either, that's a pretty fun day of wheeling doing both trails.

Are we still trying to do this as an organized thing, or are a bunch of us just randomly going out there in the same month?

I'll have my exam schedule within the next couple days and will try and pick a weekend that will work for me and my buddies, and probably post up when that is so I can get a group to go. The more the merrier!

BigDaveZJ
08-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Very loosely organized was my plan. Just kinda do what we want when we're there.

Matt
08-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I'll have to see if I can get the time off.

Halfdoc
08-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Hole in the rock is a blast. But probably best done with an overnight. It is absolutely worth it to go to the end. You are still a couple miles from the lake and are in better shape than me if you can hike it in a morning. This is a trail I hope to run again sometime, I will be watching the thread for info.

BTW here is my photos from 2004. Went in Nov. and it was too cold for my 30 degree bag...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2130474251

David

Matt
08-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks for sharing those pics Halfdoc, makes me want to go hit that trail.

PassRunnerZJ
08-27-2006, 01:50 AM
I'll be in the area running Hole In the Rock Oct 12-15

Cody, not trying to hijack or anything, but if you are interested in a fairly quick read before you go on your HitR trip, I can get you the name of a book we read before our HitR trip last spring. It cronicalled the pioneer's trip and really added to our trip as we visited important parts of the trip. We did the Escalante to the Hole and hiked down to Powell.

I want to do the East side of the river someday, but wouldn't be able to do it this fall.

K2
08-27-2006, 01:24 PM
My wife and Katelyn are planning on going. We wont wheel the whole weekend, Arches and other non wheeling activities are going to be planned. My dughter will not want to be in her car seat for so long. So we will have to see what else we can do. But we are looking foward to meeting up with you guys. We also dont know if we will camp or hotel it. What are the overnight plans for you guys? I have a kid and 2 dogs, so who knows what I will do.

K2

BigDaveZJ
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Holy crap, Ken's actually going to go wheeling!!!!!

We're still debating on Redstone or camping somewhere. There's always the Tuff Shed though . . . .

JohnBoulderCO
08-28-2006, 08:06 PM
I don't believe he has a Jeep. He just bums rides from people to and from Moab. :D

Cody
08-28-2006, 09:03 PM
BTW here is my photos from 2004. Went in Nov. and it was too cold for my 30 degree bag...

David
uhhh, thats cause you're from freakin Arizona where anything below 70 and you're packing around mittens and beginning the initial stages of hypothermia.

Ya, send me the link to that book. That would be sweet.

Don't take this the wrong way, but don't you guys ever want to try new trails? It seems like every time I read about your plans for Moab it's always Hells Revenge, Cliffhanger, PSM, and Spike with a dessert run up to dump bump after dinner. I totally understand not wanting to make the haul to HITR (cause there is a little more planning/packing/driving involved) but there are only like 100 other trails within 30 minutes of Moab--a dozen or more of which have similar difficulty ratings as the ones you're used to. If you want some directions or recomendations let me know, I can draw some maps or something...

Cody

BigDaveZJ
08-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Cody,
Always up for new trails, those are just the ones I'm familiar with. Don't know a lot of those others well enough to even attempt trying to find them, or nagivate through them, so any suggestions you've got are more than welcome!

Cody
08-29-2006, 12:44 AM
do you have the wells book or any area maps?

JohnBoulderCO
08-29-2006, 08:49 AM
:D:D:D

PassRunnerZJ
08-29-2006, 10:31 AM
The book is: "Hole in the Rock" by David E. Miller. You might have to check it out of a library as I don't think it is in print anymore. I picked my copy up from Amazon as a used book. Let me know if you have trouble finding a copy.

BigDaveZJ
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Got the Wells book. Somewhere. Only one I can recall that's in similar difficulty is Kane Creek.

K2
08-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Holy crap, Ken's actually going to go wheeling!!!!!

We're still debating on Redstone or camping somewhere. There's always the Tuff Shed though . . . .

Tuff Shed wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

I don't believe he has a Jeep. He just bums rides from people to and from Moab.

LOL. I went to Carnage with you guys and smashed into Cristi, I went to wheeler lake and my water pump went. A seperate trip to Moab I had a seal in my rear driveshaft go so I lost t-case fluid and smoked where it was splashing onto the muffler, a good sized leak started in my radiator, and I messed up my driveshaft so I had to pull it to go over 40mph and then put it back in to get over Vail pass. The last real time I went I broke my antenna, not a big deal just wanted a bigger list. I am an off-road driving jinx. Thats why I bum rides and web wheel here.

So who still wants to go with me. I guess Dave since most of the times we go he ends up on Coreys trailer :) :)

I am down for a very loose format get together. With the new spotter I will see what we can pull off.

K2

BigDaveZJ
08-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Tuff Shed wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

LOL. I went to Carnage with you guys and smashed into Cristi, I went to wheeler lake and my water pump went. A seperate trip to Moab I had a seal in my rear driveshaft go so I lost t-case fluid and smoked where it was splashing onto the muffler, a good sized leak started in my radiator, and I messed up my driveshaft so I had to pull it to go over 40mph and then put it back in to get over Vail pass. The last real time I went I broke my antenna, not a big deal just wanted a bigger list. I am an off-road driving jinx. Thats why I bum rides and web wheel here.

So who still wants to go with me. I guess Dave since most of the times we go he ends up on Coreys trailer :) :)

I am down for a very loose format get together. With the new spotter I will see what we can pull off.

K2

Those were all what, 2 to 3 years ago??? :flipoff2:

Cody
08-31-2006, 12:37 AM
well you have kane creek, and killer kane (not that killer) and also Chicken Corners.

a really cool one is onion creek (easy but super scenic ~30 river crossings) to kokapelli to rose garden hill then you can either go back out or exit around by top of the world. Thats a good loop and rose garden is a pretty interesting climb that those with open diffs may struggle on (long and pretty loose and pretty steep). The only one in our group that made it was on 33's and locked in the rear and he still had to take a couple bumps on the top ledge to get over.

not difficult but really scenic is Hey Joe and there are some mines at the end you can explore. You access Hey Joe through the Spring Canyon Bottom trail.

More difficult but a longer haul (and way more remote which is cool) is Hell Roaring Canyon which you access back in Canyonlands on the dead horse point side.

the pickle is short and pretty sweet--probably a little more difficult than some of the ones you're used to but we got a stock XJ on 33's up it (he is also an excellent driver).

anyway, there are some ideas. I can give directions to any of that stuff if you like.

Cody

BigDaveZJ
09-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Talked to Tom today and one of our plans is to do a multi-day Spike run. Current plan is do a quick easy trail Saturday morning, then start into Spike and camp towards the end of Spike and start of GBR, then finish it up Sunday as we leave town.

Cody,
Hey Joe and Onion Creek sound pretty cool, and I'm still up for running Pickle but can't speak for the others in the group. Don't think that'd be one Pam would be up for trying in her rig. Hey Joe and Onion Creek are both in the Wells books too aren't they?

Cody
09-07-2006, 12:30 AM
ya. hey joe will be a full day trail if you decide to dink around at the mines. Onion creek doesn't take very long--thats why it's cool to make a big loop out of it.

Cody

BigDaveZJ
09-11-2006, 11:16 AM
I've been informed that there's no where to camp along Spike, except a designated spot at Gemini Bridges, which kinda shoots the whole purpose. Back into the planning stage on that I guess.

I would still like to run Spike though.

JohnBoulderCO
09-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Run Spike on Sat. What are the options for Fri and Sun?

BigDaveZJ
09-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Spike on Saturday works for me.

And we're actually going to get there Wednesday night I think. Pam and I are planning right now on heading out of town as soon as we get out of work so we'll be running something Thursday as well.

And apparently that weekend is the same weekend as some 24 hour bike race that's there.

BigDaveZJ
09-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Gonna go ahead and call the Redstone for reservations today. Where's everyone else staying?

JohnBoulderCO
09-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Redstone, just need to figure out how many days.

KevinF
09-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Just checkin' in with some interest, mostly in Hole In The Rock, but may go on to Moab as well if we're doing some "new" trails.

Kevin

Cody
09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Just checkin' in with some interest, mostly in Hole In The Rock, but may go on to Moab as well if we're doing some "new" trails.

Kevin

bring yo' self foo!

cahotrodboy
09-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm meeting up with my sister and her husband from Denver the previous weekend (4 - 9). Planned on trailer the ZJ up there (in case I break something) so maybe I'll stay through the next weekend.

JohnBoulderCO
09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm set for 13-15th, I got Friday off. My plan is to drive out Thursday after work, then back home Sunday after a trail.

So, with no camping on Spike, we have to run that in one day.

Any more new trail ideas?

Z
09-18-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm set for 13-15th, I got Friday off. My plan is to drive out Thursday after work, then back home Sunday after a trail.

So, with no camping on Spike, we have to run that in one day.

Any more new trail ideas?
I'll be leaving mid-day on Thursday and will wheel Fri, Sat and Sun.

I'm up for whatever.

tzumalt
09-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Me and mark will probably head out Thursday the 12th after work. I put lockers in front and rear and I NEED to try them out. I am going up this weekend in Colorado, but only on some tame trails, maybe Midle Fork or Argentine pass. We will see how much snow is there already.

BigDaveZJ
09-21-2006, 01:45 PM
We just made our reservations, if you wanna stay at the Redstone I'd call them pretty quick. They're pretty packed for that weekend, we got the last queen bed non smoking room available that weekend.

Still not sure on what trails we're gonna run yet, but Spike is pretty much 100% on Saturday. The one issue we'll have is shorter days than we do during GSW, so we'll definitely want to be able to move with the quickness, but I don't see that being a problem with the group we have so far.

As far as Thursday and Friday, no clue yet. Looks like it might just be Pam and I on Thursday until the rest of yous guys show up, so we'll probably stick to easier stuff. Keith may head out with us too though. Friday I was thinking Kane Creek?

JohnBoulderCO
09-21-2006, 03:52 PM
I just called and booked at the RedStone for the 12th, 13th, 14th. Queen bed, non-smoking, it's filling up (big bike race that weekend), but the gal remembered me from GSW.

What about Hey Joe on Friday or Sunday? I'm up for doing some new runs. So, Kane Creek, Hey Joe...any other suggestions?

Z
09-21-2006, 05:20 PM
I just called and booked at the RedStone for the 12th, 13th, 14th. Queen bed, non-smoking, it's filling up (big bike race that weekend), but the gal remembered me from GSW.

What about Hey Joe on Friday or Sunday? I'm up for doing some new runs. So, Kane Creek, Hey Joe...any other suggestions?
I'm along for the ride. I've booked at the fine Super 8, as usual. Gotta accumulate all those frequent sleeper points and they have free internet.

BigDaveZJ
09-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Redstone has free net access too now, but no fancy schmancy frequent sleeper points!

Kane Creek is out past Cliffhanger, maybe fly through the first part of Cliffhanger to see how its coming along before hitting Kane on Friday?? Pam and I might head out to Cliffhanger Thursday too, so who knows.

JohnBoulderCO
09-21-2006, 06:49 PM
That's cool. I need to get the Well's book out and see where these are. I like the idea of doing two a day, if they are close or in a loop. Three, when we do Spike!

Cody
09-22-2006, 03:27 AM
Kane ends way south of town further than where pritchett comes out.

head down there, and check out chicken corners

nate
09-22-2006, 12:09 PM
I will be there 28 Sep - 2 Oct.

October trip was mentioned in another thread - started a new thread so it didn't get lost. So, who's up for it? I need to start planning in the next couple weeks, so I'd like to try to hammer out an exact date. Anyone up for October 13-15?

JohnBoulderCO
09-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Looking at the Well's book, how about Kane Creek, then come back into town on Behind the Rocks. It looks like it would make a nice loop. I haven't done either trail, so it would be new for me!

BigDaveZJ
09-22-2006, 06:43 PM
My only concern with BTR is that's where the 24 Hours of Moab bike race is going on I believe.

JohnBoulderCO
09-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Well, that would be fun to dodge all of them!;) How do we find out what run they will be on?

BigDaveZJ
09-22-2006, 09:37 PM
http://www.grannygear.com/Races/Moab/2006/course_maps.shtml

Looks like we're okay on Kane, BTR looks like it will be a CLUSTER though. The event is going on Saturday, but the "course" opens up on Thursday so I'm guessing it'd be a place to stay away from.

JohnBoulderCO
09-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Well, back to the book, have to see what else is at the end of the trail. Cody suggested Chicken Corners.

Cody
09-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Chicken corners is supposed to be really scenic, and really remote. I've actually never run it. On the short list though---knocking them off one by one. Only a few thousand miles of trail to explore lol

BigDaveZJ
09-27-2006, 09:34 PM
We're down to one rig, gonna leave Pam's at home. We'll be towing mine out though, so if there's any catastrophic failures we should be alright.

JohnBoulderCO
09-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Got to give the new truck a try! Do you already have a trailer? Get a long one and take both Jeeps.

BigDaveZJ
09-28-2006, 12:03 AM
We're just renting Corey's for the weekend this time around. I'm planning on getting my own 16 footer in the spring, and probably eventually get a gooseneck to pull 'em both but a gooseneck isn't the realm of financial possibilities right now.

JohnBoulderCO
09-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah, those trailers are $$$. That would be cool, to trailer them both out for GSW 07.

KevinF
09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
We're just renting Corey's for the weekend this time around. I'm planning on getting my own 16 footer in the spring, and probably eventually get a gooseneck to pull 'em both but a gooseneck isn't the realm of financial possibilities right now.

BD: Consider getting an 18' trailer instead. My trailer sales guy talked me into it because he mentioned that if I ever needed to haul a full-sized truck, a 16' would not allow me to get it in the "sweet-spot" for weight distribution. I argued with him briefly until he told me that he'd sell me the 18' for the same price as the 16' (good guy), and BOY am I glad that he did. I have since hauled my F-250 and C-3500 with the Excursion, and the Excursion with the F-250...

Kevin

nmzj
09-28-2006, 01:49 PM
BD: Consider getting an 18' trailer instead. My trailer sales guy talked me into it because he mentioned that if I ever needed to haul a full-sized truck, a 16' would not allow me to get it in the "sweet-spot" for weight distribution. I argued with him briefly until he told me that he'd sell me the 18' for the same price as the 16' (good guy), and BOY am I glad that he did. I have since hauled my F-250 and C-3500 with the Excursion, and the Excursion with the F-250...

Kevin

You can also run a nice large box on the front of the 18. Nice for storing tools and equipment...

chadjans
09-28-2006, 10:20 PM

Kevin

What does that Excursion weigh? The trailer is only a 7K capacity which includes the weight of the trailer, so really only 5800.
I got an 18' to be like Kevin....

KevinF
09-29-2006, 01:10 AM
What does that Excursion weigh? The trailer is only a 7K capacity which includes the weight of the trailer, so really only 5800.

The Ex is 7500lbs. Thankfully it was just down the street a few miles...would not have wanted to do it at all, but was left with no choice other than walking for four miles or so. No residual damage...thankfully. I realized later that I had overloaded it...I was remembering incorrectly that it was a 4.5k axle (x2) until I looked again at the paperwork and realized that it was 3.5k. Thankfully Carson builds a strong trailer.

Kevin

KevinF
09-29-2006, 01:11 AM
You can also run a nice large box on the front of the 18. Nice for storing tools and equipment...

Good point, Jason.

Cody
09-29-2006, 03:48 AM

of course he didn't suck the suspension down too. that would have resolted in disaster ;)

lol

Cody

BigDaveZJ
10-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Keith and Scott, you guys figure out if you're coming yet?

JohnBoulderCO
10-06-2006, 12:57 AM
I hope you guys can make it.

Cody
10-06-2006, 01:44 AM
kane creek is washed out and impassable right now

JohnBoulderCO
10-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Cody, thanks for the update.

BigDaveZJ
10-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Alright, any ideas for another trail to run Friday?

Where is washed out Cody? Would it still be worth making an "in an out" run?

PassRunnerZJ
10-06-2006, 10:33 AM
This morning I heard that Moab and the surrounding areas have been blasted with some of the major rainstorms that have hit our area with 1"-2" of rain and a lot of areas have a major amounts of standing water and I can imagine that any trail that has a wash in it or through it is going to have a lot of errosion to deal with. This is hear-say, but I know that the Western Slope has been way wet the last three days with more strong cells forcast for today. I think you could relate it to this years Thursday pre M&G storm, only more of them each day and more days in a row.

Cody
10-06-2006, 03:32 PM
not sure how far in, but it's supposed to be pretty bad. Someone made a 'bypass' around the worst of it, but from what I'm told the bypass is 'precarious'.

Cody

BigDaveZJ
10-08-2006, 04:03 AM
I think we'll just skip kane . . .

So is anyone else heading out Wednesday? Keith? Scott?

Colorado 5.9
10-08-2006, 05:41 AM
I still don't know.

I changed the t-case fluid again yesterday & it's official. A bearing is on it's way out. The fluid after just 500 or so miles is VERY pearlesent with powder sized metal. Just not sure if it's the bearing or the case itself. I can wiggle the front output shaft about 1/16" up & down so I'm assuming it's that bearing. Really sucks because that's one of the bearings I replaced when I did the SYE.

I'm just not sure I want to trust it to last that many strait miles out there & back. Don't want a catastrophic failure on the highway.:O

Don't really have the time bewteen now & wed. to pull it & put a new bearing in. The weather it going to suck too so doing it in my driveway is out. Also I'd need to cut the welds holding the cross member up & reweld it.

I guess this summer I should have taken care of that.:D

K2
10-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Dave your going on Wednesday right? I am sure you will have your laptop and internet? If so, could you report back some gas prices you saw along the way? This would help me figure out when to get gas. This trip is going to pull on my wallet so every dollar counts. Please get gas and diesel prices, I may be towing my rig. It will cheaper if I can make a batch of bio before I go and if I break something I can tow it home. I will be hopefully be camping along the river, and heading out Thursday night or Friday morning. I will call you when I get there.

K2

K2
10-08-2006, 12:36 PM
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=77217
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=76652

I still don't know.

I changed the t-case fluid again yesterday & it's official. A bearing is on it's way out. The fluid after just 500 or so miles is VERY pearlesent with powder sized metal. Just not sure if it's the bearing or the case itself. I can wiggle the front output shaft about 1/16" up & down so I'm assuming it's that bearing. Really sucks because that's one of the bearings I replaced when I did the SYE.

I'm just not sure I want to trust it to last that many strait miles out there & back. Don't want a catastrophic failure on the highway.:O

Don't really have the time bewteen now & wed. to pull it & put a new bearing in. The weather it going to suck too so doing it in my driveway is out. Also I'd need to cut the welds holding the cross member up & reweld it.

I guess this summer I should have taken care of that.:D

BigDaveZJ
10-08-2006, 12:38 PM
I'll have the laptop with me, but for some reason in June I couldn't get it to work at the Redstone. But I still have your cell # so I can give you a call.

K2
10-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks.

JohnBoulderCO
10-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Someone on the CO4x4 sunk their XJ on Kane Creek a few days ago. Drove out in a wash that was undercut by the water and sunk to their dash board. I think we should stick to slick rock trails. :D

BigDaveZJ
10-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Someone on the CO4x4 sunk their XJ on Kane Creek a few days ago. Drove out in a wash that was undercut by the water and sunk to their dash board. I think we should stick to slick rock trails. :D

I saw that thead too, definitely a big X2 on sticking to the higher trails pending any major changes in conditions out there.

BigDaveZJ
10-09-2006, 04:50 PM
I would rather NOT end up like this guy!!!

http://www.jeeponageek.com/Jim/jim_2.jpg

JohnBoulderCO
10-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Almost time! Leaving Thursday afternoon.

BigDaveZJ
10-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Looks like we're gonna hit some weather heading over the mountains. That's always fun!

JohnBoulderCO
10-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Not. You guys heading out tomorrow then? See ya there.

BigDaveZJ
10-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Yeah, hoping to get out of town around 3 and make it through Glenwood Canyon before dark.

Mtn WJ
10-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Have fun and be safe.

Wish I was going.

Colorado 5.9
10-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Me too. :(

Don't drown.:D

KevinF
10-11-2006, 09:29 AM
You guys have a great time!! Cody and freinds and I will be doing Hole in the Rock starting Thursday AM. Looking forward to this trail!!

Chat soon,
Kevin

BigDaveZJ
10-11-2006, 03:16 PM
John and Tom, not sure when you guys are planning to get into town but tomorrow night Pam and I are planning on dinner at McStiff's for my b-day. I'm thinking 7ish??? Give me a call on my cell 303-523-4171 if you guys will be in town and want to make it. No presents required, unless of course you guys wanna chip in and get a me trailer so I don't have to borrow Corey's!

And Tom, I know have your cell # but John did yours change with the new jobby job? If so, give me a call so I have your #. We're headed out here within the next 20 minutes or so.

Z
10-11-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm probably out. Coming down with a cold. Need to decide if I want to feel like shit in Moab or at home. Actually, I need to decide if I'll be capable of driving 6 hours each way and 12 hours on Golden Spike.

I'll see what I feel like tomorrow, see how effective DayQuil is on my condition.

BigDaveZJ
10-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Ken,
Gas prices were pretty much the same as what I've seen in Denver the whole way out. Gas prices were between $2.29 and $2.49 for the cheap shit, diesel was between $2.59 and $2.69 at most places. If you want a little more details, check out www.coloradogasprices.com (http://www.coloradogasprices.com) and it will actually give you information by station that people have reported.

Tom,
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. The weather out here is beeeeeyooootiful. Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow.

K2
10-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Ken,
Gas prices were pretty much the same as what I've seen in Denver the whole way out. Gas prices were between $2.29 and $2.49 for the cheap shit, diesel was between $2.59 and $2.69 at most places. If you want a little more details, check out www.coloradogasprices.com (http://www.coloradogasprices.com) and it will actually give you information by station that people have reported.

Tom,
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. The weather out here is beeeeeyooootiful. Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow.

Thanks, what are the prices in Moab? I can almost make it there. With the ZJ. That will determine if I fiil up before ther eor just add enough. you know. Thanks I will call when we get into town. Happy birthday!

Ken

BigDaveZJ
10-12-2006, 12:38 AM
In Moab gas is a bit more expensive. I think it was $2.50ish for cheapo grade.

And for Ken/John/and Tom if you end up making it, any qualms with doing Spike Friday? Some Pinz guys I know are in town too and we want to get on a trail together and I was thinking Spike, and they're leaning towards doing it Friday, but I think Saturday might work a bit better especially if you guys are getting into town late tomorrow night.

JohnBoulderCO
10-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Dave/Tom,
Crazy day for me. I finished packing the Jeep, so it's ready to go.
I'm just getting over a cold/sinus infection, been on antibiotics for 3 days, feeling much better. So I'm going for sure!!! Spent several hours tonight nego an offer on my house. I decided to sell, due to the new job location. The guy started with a low ball offer, 70K less then listing. After an hour he moved up to almost full asking price. It's hard to play that game when I know you have been in my house 4 times. Brought friends, parents.....then try to play Poker with me. I should tell him I have another offer tomorrow morning and will be on vacation until Monday.:D I plan on heading out a bit after lunch tomorrow. Going to bed now. I need a vacation.....wait, I will be on vacation tomorrow, that's in 5 minutes....
John
Edit: the first offer was for 80K less then listing. I am tired. Almost tomorrow now. zzzzzzzzzz

Z
10-12-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm definitely out. Crap. DayQuil usually works for me, but not this time.

Have fun, guys.

JohnBoulderCO
10-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Bummer Tom. We will try to have fun and take some pics.

I will be getting the contract on my house this morning.
I will be making an offer on a new house this morning also.
Leave for Moab in a few hours.
At work, trying to finish a project.
This is crazy.
I need a beer in Moab.
John

K2
10-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Well I am about to head off after I shower. See you guys in a few hours. Sorry the rest of you couldnt make it. Peace.

K2

KevinF
10-20-2006, 02:10 AM
Sooooo...did anyone take pix? Anything exciting happen? Do tell...what did I miss, guys??

BigDaveZJ
10-20-2006, 10:34 AM
http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9847