PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Wood Lake (Buena Vista)

Mtn WJ
08-14-2006, 12:24 PM
The family and I spent 3 days near Buena Vista in the Cotton Wood Lake area. My WJ was loaded down with 5 people, food for 3 days, camping gear, canoe w/motor/lifevests and all the gear. Had to buy a hitch carrier. We made it from Denver to the campground in 3 hours which was great time. We camped about a half mile from the lake. Friday night we had about 2.5 inches of rain and yes we got wet but no too bad. My co-driver drove for a quite a ways along Cotton Wood Pass inside the canyon. Not hard wheeling but fun anyway. The fishing at the lake is incredible. We took the canoe out on the lake and fished for several hours on Saturday. It would have been very easy to catch our limit but we only caught what we intended to eat. Made my secret peach cobbler recipe saturday night. There are Beaver damns every where along the river up there. We saw several of them cruising in their ponds. Very nice place to camp and thanks Scott for the tip on where to camp. Got home late on Sunday.

We saw some people from the Denver area in the town of BV including Matt with the TNT XJ.