PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross, Saturday, 7/29/06

JohnBoulderCO
08-02-2006, 07:20 PM
On the spur of the moment, Justin, Vern and I decided to run Holy Cross.

<<<The Good>>>

The three of us walked across French Creek, first attempt for each.

Justin and I could not get up Cleveland Rock, but it was very close for both. We had to use our winches. I have attached pics of the obstacle.

<<<The Bad>>>

We had to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes for ONE guy to get across French Creek. He was in a big military Jeep/Truck and would not use a winch to pull his ass off the big rocks after the creek. The truck was driven by a Mile High 4x4 leader. He used high lifts, stacked rocks......spilled 5 gals of diesel fuel when he cracked his gas tank.....people were pissed and he acted like he owned the trail. 20+ Jeeps lined up behind him, waiting their turn to cross the obstacle. I'm surprised no one has posted on CO4x4 about what an ass he was.

Then we had to wait while a super built TJ on 36's Iroks couldn't get across the creek. He tried several different lines and couldn't make it. He finally went far right, almost in the bushes, where it was easier, to get across.

People were gathering, telling him and those next in line, where to cross.

When the 3 Grands made it across on the first try, the crowd went silent.:D It's always fun to show up TJ's on hard climbing obstacles.

<<<The Ugly>>>

By the time we got past Clevland Rock is was 7:30pm. No one was on the trail on the way back, so we made great time, but then we had to drive back to Boulder, so we didn't get home until 2am!!!:smt015

A long day, but a fun one!

No pics of French Creek, but here are a few of the "Rock". Justin and Vern might have some pics too.

JpRngr
08-02-2006, 09:00 PM
What....You didn't try the left line this time?:flipoff2:

JohnBoulderCO
08-02-2006, 10:29 PM
What....You didn't try the left line this time?:flipoff2:

Corey, I told Vern and Justin about my attempt. I could tell in their eyes that they thought I was either full of shit and telling a tall tale or crazy. :D

After watching the guy flop who tried after me, that day when we were there, I figured it was best to not even think about it. John