PDA

View Full Version : So.... Who's ready?????

JeepinHank
08-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Things are looking a little dull in here, so I have to ask?

Are you ready to hit up TELLICO!!!???

I'm not, but I will be. As always, I'll have a bunch of small chit to finish up when I arrive, but I'll get there none the less.

Rob (rob92xj) is a life saver. He's getting my gears handled tonight while I have to attend to family matters. You're a real champ dude. I'm going to owe you a LOT of free fab time. Just get your junk down here, and we'll get to work on it.

I'll either be dragging the ZJ home tonight or tomorrow and set to work getting all of my gear, tools, parts, etc. loaded up and ready to go.

Can't wait!

OverkillZJ
08-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm so jelous.

I'm spending the entire weekend in a dark server room migrating an entire network.....

JOE
08-01-2006, 01:41 PM
I just have to weld on my tcase skid plate tonight, load the ZJ on the trailer, find a tent to borrow, find a grille to borrow, pack up all the camping gear and I'm ready. Already have all my spare parts and tools loaded in the ZJ. Also have to fill the jeep up with gas,....duh!

See ya'll there!

JOE
08-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I can't believe that I'm not backing out!

BMRisko
08-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I just have to weld on my tcase skid plate tonight, load the ZJ on the trailer, find a tent to borrow, find a grille to borrow, pack up all the camping gear and I'm ready. Already have all my spare parts and tools loaded in the ZJ. Also have to fill the jeep up with gas,....duh!

See ya'll there!

If your travels take you through Cookeville or close, I can hook you up w/ all the camping gear you need. Hit me up via cell, PM, etc and let me know you're plans. I'll be around Thursday.

JeepinHank
08-01-2006, 02:03 PM
If your travels take you through Cookeville or close, I can hook you up w/ all the camping gear you need. Hit me up via cell, PM, etc and let me know you're plans. I'll be around Thursday.

Here's an idea.... Why not just toss your camping stuff in, climb your ass in the truck, and roll up there??? I'll give you some seat time. You can get all sentimental and misty eyed so you'll be motivated to jack up that 5.9 when you get home! :flipoff2:

j/k, but I really do hate you won't be there. :)

JeepinHank
08-01-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm a little more ready now. Just called up to Crawford's and reserved two sites. Damn... I should be studying right now.

JOE
08-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Hank, I've never reserved a site before....hope they won't be full! Brandon, I will call you later. I need to see how close I will be to Cookeville......I think I will be close...but I'm not sure. I know I will be REALLY close to Lake Cumberland. I've been trying to figure out a way to tow both my Jeep and Boat but I can't come up with anything lol. (nothing affordable)

Reshard's ZJ
08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I am not even close........any more. I did some testing yesterday and my rear shocks are hitting the unibody before full flex and the Jeep ran hot and died.

I did something very stuid. I cut a section of the unibody out to give my shocks more room. I will patch it up after Tellico. I don't have time to get all fancy with it right now.

I am about to run some radiator cleaner though the system to see if that helps. If it still runs hot I will remove the thermostat. If it still runs hot I will push it into the Mississippi river.

I just need the bitch (my Jeep........not my wife) to make this trip. I will pretty her up latter (my Jeep......and my wife).

BMRisko
08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I am not even close........any more. I did some testing yesterday and my rear shocks are hitting the unibody before full flex and the Jeep ran hot and died.

I did something very stuid. I cut a section of the unibody out to give my shocks more room. I will patch it up after Tellico. I don't have time to get all fancy with it right now.

I am about to run some radiator cleaner though the system to see if that helps. If it still runs hot I will remove the thermostat. If it still runs hot I will push it into the Mississippi river.

I just need the bitch (my Jeep........not my wife) to make this trip. I will pretty her up latter (my Jeep......and my wife).

Try throwing some Water Wetter in there as a last resort.

OverkillZJ
08-01-2006, 06:00 PM

Same goes for Pittsburgh (Bridgville really, by 79)

ATL ZJ
08-01-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm getting there... ditched my hydro assist setup in favor of a junkyard j20 box and I've spent the weekend messing with different pumps and lines.. But I finally have it where it turns with one finger at idle, which is more than I could say for my setup before. That, and the fittings on the cylinder were aimed right at the rocks. So I have all "new" steering, which is untested but I'll be bringing an entire other steering setup in case I have problems..

Just have to pack, install the brake controller in the truck, and hope my modifications of the new trailer are enough to make the Jeep fit on it, haha..

Reshard's ZJ
08-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Coilovers flex like a motha.......I just bent the front driveshaft on the crossmember. So, now I am building a new crossmember and driveshaft. I hate last minute shit. Looks like no sleep for me tonight. I will post some pics tomorrow for you guys to laugh at, but for now I have to work!!!!!!!

TrojanMan
08-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Looks like I won't be joining you hank, my grandfather died today and the funeral is friday, i'll be with family all weekend. Hope you fellas have a good time, i'll be there for sure next year.

StinkoMan20X6_
08-02-2006, 03:59 AM
Dieing people suck. Luckily I'm fresh out of old people. I've been prepping the jeep for the trip. So far I've replaced the speed sensor again (2nd one this month), replaced the thermostat and leaky housing with a 180*, swapped out the 3.5" springs + 2" pucks for some 7" springs, discovered the front drive shaft is completely worn out and so is the front pinion bearing, replaced fluid in both diffs, made a T-case skid, then removed it to put some speed holes in it ( i mean exhaust heat holes), and wrapped the exhaust with header wrap to cut down on heat. Then I tried to find all the slow leaks in all the tires...to no avail. Tomorrow I'll be cutting some more fender and hopefully pushing the front axle foreward a little. I'll make it though.

JeepinHank
08-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Hank, I've never reserved a site before....hope they won't be full! Brandon, I will call you later. I need to see how close I will be to Cookeville......I think I will be close...but I'm not sure. I know I will be REALLY close to Lake Cumberland. I've been trying to figure out a way to tow both my Jeep and Boat but I can't come up with anything lol. (nothing affordable)

They sounded like they had some more sites available. If you're in a bind, I reserved two.

JeepinHank
08-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Looks like I won't be joining you hank, my grandfather died today and the funeral is friday, i'll be with family all weekend. Hope you fellas have a good time, i'll be there for sure next year.

Damn man... My condolences.

rob92xj
08-02-2006, 07:40 AM
Damn man... My condolences.
X2
Hank I'll get r done while your in class tonight.
Stinkoman it's always the last minute stuff that kills you.
I hate my job because I have to work this weekend, I wish I could join you guys.
Hopefully next year the XJ will be ready, still has a 30" hole in the floor.

JeepinHank
08-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Well guys.... It appears that I'm out on this one.

I gave it my best efforts, but it appears that the wheelin gods and the mistress are going to get the best of me. I thought I had taken care of anything that could wrong (yeah right), but there was something that I missed. Rob got the gears set up and ready to go, but when he rotated the ring gear to put in the cross pin, he felt some resistance. It turns out that I somehow managed to take out the carrier when I sheared my notched cross pin and took out the spool. He said the gears had a perfect pattern, but when we took it out for a test run, it started making some horrible noises. I was going to try to wheel on it as is, but I don't want to chance fucking up something any worse than it already is. If I could somehow figure out how to get another carrier and install it tomorrow, I'd do it, but I think I just need to look at this as a sign that GSSE 2006 just wasn't meant to be. I feel really shitty, and I'm tired as hell, and haven't eaten a damn thing all day, so I'm going to call it a night.

I hope you guys all have a real blast. Take lots of pictures for me. I guess I'll miss Tellico again this year. :(