View Full Version : How about T-Shirts?

zj-monster
07-22-2006, 08:37 PM
We have Stickers & Calenders.

Hurry up & fork up a T will ya? :punish:

:D

BigDaveZJ
07-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Had thought about it originally, but frankly the up front investment gets pretty steep on those, and if I were to buy them one at a time then the cost is super high. I might end up doing something like we do for GSW, all orders have to be pre-paid. We'll see. I wanna get through this whole mallcrawlin.org thing first.

Krash80
07-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Actually I think it'd be pretty sweet if at an event like GSW you had MallCrawlin donate t-shirts to everyone registered...either at the meet-n-greet like Teraflex did last year or at the banquet. I mean come one dude, everyone who participates in GSW needs a MC t-shirt...think of the publicity.
Besides, businesses aren't supposed to sell the shirts with their company logo on it....those are always given away. I have a lot of company t-shirts, especially from a lot of the excavating companies I work with, and they've all been given to me. When I get around to having my company shirts made, I know i'm giving them all away...shoot I'd probably even send a couple hoodies to you and Pam to keep your artic mountain asses warm.

Make the t-shirts...then send one to me....I wear a large.

BigDaveZJ
07-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey Ron, there's a difference between those companies and MallCrawlin, those actually make money!!! :flipoff2:

Krash80
07-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey Ron, there's a difference between those companies and MallCrawlin, those actually make money!!! :flipoff2:

It's not my fault your deadbeat company is poorly managed! :D
Sack it up and get some shirts for us!

DJJordache
07-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I'd prepay for a kewl MC shirt

zj-monster
07-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Damn, look what I started. :smt042

I was thinking that it could have the Mallcrawlin.com logo across the chest and perhapse Kraqa's buggy on the back.

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/images/001/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

Just a start, simple enough I think. I'd be happy to pre-pay. At least I know I'd get my shirt. :D

fr3db3ar
07-24-2006, 07:31 AM
Hell no....if I get one I want my OWN rig on the back....even if it's not that cool :smt033

OverkillZJ
07-24-2006, 10:41 AM
I'll talk some sense into Dave, I have a way we can do them custom for everyone with just about no effort...

DJJordache
07-24-2006, 01:07 PM
so then will there be one with a grand climbing over the GSW rock cawk:D

OverkillZJ
07-24-2006, 01:13 PM
ahhhahahahaha, I dunno, I think Ron might have trademarked the rock-cock.

jsteves
07-24-2006, 01:30 PM
get it straight...it's cock rock

violatedppl
08-09-2006, 01:32 AM
Theirs a website online that my band used to use that would make what ever shirts you want. just upload the picture and than the pople buying them can pick what ever color/type shirt they want. Its pretty sweet to see your band name and small logo on some chicks thong. although its better in person. Ill try and find the site

OverkillZJ
08-09-2006, 09:20 AM
it's cafepress.com

ILikeMud
08-09-2006, 09:32 AM
I'll talk some sense into Dave, I have a way we can do them custom for everyone with just about no effort...

Iron on transfers? :D

Doing custom shirts of good quality can be really price especially if you go into a lot of detail with them.

OverkillZJ
08-09-2006, 09:37 AM
No... which is why I was talking about a per-shirt place like cafepress.com...

ILikeMud
08-09-2006, 11:57 AM
cafepress is pretty good from what I've seen. Lots of forums/sites seem to use them.

You don't want to know what a local shop wanted to charge the club to get 100 shirts made with our logos and the sponsers logos. Thinking about the price make me cringe.

Cue-Ball
08-09-2006, 12:27 PM
cafepress is pretty good from what I've seen. Lots of forums/sites seem to use them.

You don't want to know what a local shop wanted to charge the club to get 100 shirts made with our logos and the sponsers logos. Thinking about the price make me cringe.

I have heard good things about them also.

ILikeMud
08-09-2006, 01:38 PM
The big expense is digitizing photos and making them in the proper formats for use on a shirt. This costs a few hours per pic/logo so if you've got someone good with photoshop then have them do it.

Also if your using multiple colors then they've got to use 1 screen per color which drives the price up like you wouldn't believe.

hkszx2
08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
id prepay for a shirt as long as it didnt have a buggy on it

Cue-Ball
08-09-2006, 04:05 PM
I too have thought about making up some 4x4oil shirts. Might try to throw something up on one of the online sites, just not sure there would be much interest though.

CurtP
08-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Just as long as it has this guy > :flipoff2: < somewhere on the shirt, I'll buy one. It could be the entire back of the shirt or a small icon on the chest :D

zj-monster
08-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Here ya go...I need to redo the background from grey to transparent though.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/z-monster/Smilies/fingersmile.jpg

PatM
08-09-2006, 09:31 PM
my gf's girl scout camp did tshirts with a screen print on the front pocket and then tie dyed them for $6 each. that included the tshirt, one color small screen print and the dye (for psychedellic color). I cant see how you could think that was expensive.

BTW tie dye fades on non 100% cotton shirts.

2jeepsforus
08-09-2006, 10:57 PM
I just did a gag gift for my sister who graduated Chiropractic college.

I put wonder woman on the front, and a picture of her when she was 3 in a wonder woman outfit on the back. Both big pictures.

The shirt only ran me 23 dollars I think.

If you asked Dave/Matt maybe we could just use the mallcrawlin logo and make our own. Or I could talk to the owner and probably get a really good deal.

Dave

BigDaveZJ
08-09-2006, 11:00 PM
We certainly won't be doing tie dye shirts . . . .

Once Matt and I have a little more time this is something I plan on looking into, there just isn't a whole helluva lot of time right now for either of us to get this up and running, not to mention actually handling all of the orders and everything.

wheelnzj
08-15-2006, 02:06 AM
I agree- NO TIE DYE!

Howevery I do like the idea of a sm. icon (Mallcrawlin.com) on the front left chest and a large icon (Picture of a Grand with front windsheild sticker) on the back.

On second hand- Why not put a pic of Rons Cock Rock on the back and put Cock Rockin in Moab, Ut. GSW 2006 on the front.
By the way what ever happened to the pic's of Rons Cock Rock?
Someone please post them or at least send them to me.

PatM
08-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I wasnt suggesting tie die. just saying they were not that expensive

wheelnzj
08-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Pam M.- I did't think you were, I just wanted to make sure. Oh did I already say no "Tie Die"

Texas ZJ1
08-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Where the heck are the T-shirts?

Hunter

wheelnzj
08-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Ya, What the F_ _ _! Put your beer down, get up off your dead beat ass Big D!
Just kidding, We all know its hard to find time, and these things take time. But whats the latest?
Thanks for your hard work. :drinkers:

BigDaveZJ
08-23-2006, 12:30 AM
The latest is I'm working 50 hours a week and still trying to enjoy the wheeling season, so t-shirts are on hold!

ILikeMud
08-23-2006, 09:32 AM
50hrs/week. Damn man.
My hats off to you.

DCHZJ
08-23-2006, 02:11 PM
50 hours a week seems to be the norm for most people i know these days.

If you ever get the shirt thing happening i would get one for sure. (ya prepaid and all)

O'Tool
08-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Dave,
I have a friend that owns http://pioneerprintwear.com/
He does stuff for us all the time (and a bunch of it he has done for free...)
Get me a logo and I'll bring it up to him and see what we can get things done for.
I know they do an awfull lot of golf shirts, I'll have to ask about the Ts.
Let me know!

BlaineWasHere
10-13-2006, 06:42 PM

This would be really SWEET!

BlaineWasHere
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
can we have shirts yet?

hkszx2
01-21-2007, 08:47 PM
50 hours is nothing i pull 60 on a regular... one construction full time and one motorcycle tech part time .. plus its show season so there go my weekends and wheeling but yeah i still want a damn tshirt

OverkillZJ
01-21-2007, 11:37 PM
No shirt for you.

HA!

BigDaveZJ
02-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Okay, so I'm getting MallCrawlin setup on CafePress. Only problem is I have no artwork to use and am not that good at PhotoShop.

I was thinking the MallCrawlin logo (either the one I use at the top of the forum, or just something in the text logo like the stickers) on the front kinda like where a pocket would be, and then some sort graphic on the back.

If someone can come up with something that I like, I'll get ya a shirt, a year subscription to the site, and a calendar. Higher-res the better!

DJJordache
02-15-2007, 10:13 PM
anyone have any good pics of the cock rock that we can photochop a ZJ climbing over it:D

Krash80
02-16-2007, 12:39 AM
anyone have any good pics of the cock rock that we can photochop a ZJ climbing over it:D

I'll sell it to you for 50$. :D (hmm, that gives me an idea!)

If the picture of Puma and me with the cock-rock even ends up on a t-shirt, there'll be hell to pay!

mudforblood
02-16-2007, 12:50 AM
My cousin has a business screenprinting shirts. I could send him some graphics to play with then Matt could check them out before they went into production. Probably would be a better price and more choices of shirts. Just a thought.

Texas ZJ1
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Where the fudge is my T-shirt?

Hunter

ILikeMud
02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
50hrs/week. Damn man.
My hats off to you.

I retract this comment.
I'm doing similar hours to this I think.

Texas ZJ1
03-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I've got one kid in the hospital, one kid puking, another two just finished puking so,

where the fudge are the T-shirts?

Hunter

chadjans
04-02-2007, 11:45 PM
I need a shirt that I can wear to work on casual Friday's :bling:

BigDaveZJ
04-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Huh, I didn't know Wendy's had casual Fridays!

chadjans
04-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Huh, I didn't know Wendy's had casual Fridays!

Oh man I wish I was going to GSW this year. I'd show up with two different shirts with two different Avatars on them...

Texas ZJ1
04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
So,

easter's over, where are the t-shirts?

Hunter:finga:

1fox2go
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Dave, that place i was talkin here local I'm pretty sure they can handle the business part so you wouldnt mess with it, I realize it wouldnt benefit you any by helping fund the site but If they want they can make the graphic and I can take it to the shop and get them started on it.

again the problem would be helping fund the site....any ideas on how to fix that? Im just tryin to take a load off of dave since he doesnt have the time to mess with shirts right now

zj-monster
04-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Yea!!!

More than a year later and this post is STILL going strong.

zj95
04-12-2007, 02:04 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/zj95/tshirt1.jpg

:smt038

BigDaveZJ
04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Yea!!!

More than a year later and this post is STILL going strong.

And when more than just a few people actually say they want shirts, I'll invest the time into getting them ready. Right now I have more important things to get ready, like my Jeep so I can wheel this summer.

Cue-Ball
04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
And when more than just a few people actually say they want shirts, I'll invest the time into getting them ready. Right now I have more important things to get ready, like my Jeep so I can wheel this summer.

I hear you there Dave,

I have been talking with a shirt company about making some 4x4oil shirts and man they can get expensive. If I do the 3 color logo design they want $25 per shirt (that is just a plain T-Shirt) a little out of my price range right now. Of course that is only for 10, the price goes down the more you buy, even with a 1 color logo they are talking about $19 each.

So yea if people commit to buying shirts then maybe it is something to looki into.

I may just go to a local shirt place in town and see what they would charge me to make up a couple of shirts or something, but like you it is low on my priority list.

Dirk

SirFuego
04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I am just curious as to why Dave has to be the one to do the t-shirts. If he doesn't have the time, why wouldn't someone else be able to do it? And, no, I don't have the time to do this either. I'm just throwing it out there...

For the record, yes I would buy a shirt. I would even pre-pay if necessary.

BigDaveZJ
04-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Because MallCrawlin, LLC is my company, and frankly there's not many people I'd trust to represent MallCrawlin in any sort of business transaction. The few people I do trust are just as busy or busier than I am.

Cue-Ball
04-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Because MallCrawlin, LLC is my company, and frankly there's not many people I'd trust to represent MallCrawlin in any sort of business transaction. The few people I do trust are just as busy or busier than I am.

Exactly

BigDaveZJ
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Something like this: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=86523 is NOT going to happen on my site. When/if we do shirts, I will be behind their entire process. One of the key factors in me starting this site is that the heads of certain other sites have shady business practices, and I will not allow MallCrawlin to run the risk of being lumped into that same category.

SirFuego
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Totally understood. I rescind my idea then :)

SirFuego
04-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I will not allow MallCrawlin to run the risk of being lumped into that same category.
That's definitely something I like to hear :)

ILikeMud
04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Something like this: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=86523 is NOT going to happen on my site. When/if we do shirts, I will be behind their entire process. One of the key factors in me starting this site is that the heads of certain other sites have shady business practices, and I will not allow MallCrawlin to run the risk of being lumped into that same category.

Not that I didn't know this in the first place but my hat's off to you Dave.
It's good to see people who aren't shady as fuck and only out to make a buck.

DJJordache
04-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Not that I didn't know this in the first place but my hat's off to you Dave.
It's good to see people who aren't shady as fuck and only out to make a buck.
x2 and I thank you Dave for being such a stand up guy and not even allowing the possibility of the MC name to be tarnished! I'm ready to order a few shirts whenever you get around to it:D

TrojanMan
04-25-2007, 02:14 AM
RAWR I WANT TEH SHIRTZ

And dirk count me in for a shirt, i'll pay the money. Expect an order of oil for my new pickup truck in the next few months too!

JordanA
05-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Even though I am the only person on here without "rep power" I have to say that I would definitely pre-pay for a shirt. I have been on here for only a few months and have learned WAY more about my ZJ than I had ever intended to.
Anyway, all I wanted to say was I am behind the shirt deal 100%.

Oh yeah... thanks guys, since I got here my jeep has gone from a daily driver workhorse to a science project on jackstands. Appreciate it.

spykosshow
06-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Someone PM Wiley, he did the shirts for GSMW and they kick ass. they were only 25 full color with stuff on front and back.

He seems to be a really stand up guy. Shipped out my shirt when we couldn't even make it.

aresridingflat
06-02-2007, 06:26 PM
what ever happened the the cafe press idea?

i would think even a simple shirt availiable in different colors with the "sticker" logo on the front would be a popular shirt...no need for fancy photoshop with that.

then judge popularity off that, and start putting together a more fancy shirt...

DerekL
06-03-2007, 12:01 AM
I would pre pay for 2 shirts...one more.

BlaineWasHere
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
soo....?

cjchamp
09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
I too would like a shirt, but can you put a CJ on it and the background be my garage??? You know since Im a web wheeler and all.....LOL
On a serrious note....I'll rock a Mallcrawlin shirt.
Josh

OverkillZJ
09-19-2007, 08:52 PM
You mean you actually want us to DO something?

cjchamp
09-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Sure thing...but I understand the problems faced when ordering and collecting $

MitchRonda
09-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey, I know this is an old post but...My ZJ is "GO"ing to be on a shirt shortly...:cool: ...found a company that was selling them on e-bay (WJ & TJ only)(owner drives a WJ) so I asked them if they had a ZJ & they didnot but needed picts so they could make some for retail...should be out with in a couple of weeks...look up JEEP T-SHIRTS on e-bay to see how they come out,these shirts rock & DID NOT cost me anything to get made since they are using my ZJ for the art work !!!
P.S. WE'LL TAKE 3 when they are available & you can get 3 of mine !!!:D ...LOL...M...
Hope they have them finished before GSSW...

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Wish we could get this going!

BigDaveZJ
07-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Wish we could get this going!

Says the guy with no rig! :flipoff2:

zj-monster
07-28-2008, 05:49 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/LOL-Doggie.jpg

Jeeperoni91
07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
i think a couple gc's across the front chest, and then the mallcrawlin.com text that is on the stickers across the top back would kick ass and be simple enough to be cheap

i'd prepay for a cool shirt

BigD
07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
BigDave, I sent you a PM. I may be able to help with t-shirts.

BigDaveZJ
07-31-2008, 05:24 PM
So since I've got some free time now (not wheeling for a while cuz of the busted truck) I'm looking into this a little more. I ordered a shirt off CafePress to see how the quality is. If it's up to par, I'll get some stuff going there. If not, I'll explore some other options.

zj-monster
08-01-2008, 07:44 PM
About damn time!!! :prayer:

:flipoff2:

Derek33
08-11-2008, 07:13 PM
I'd pre-pay for a couple shirt.

Maybe more if you have long sleeves and short sleeves.

I saw an off road companies shirt and down the long sleeve was bogger treads. Pretty cool if you ask me.

zj95maxx
08-11-2008, 07:45 PM
I would rep MC t-shirts

just get the logo on the shirt, thats all i care about, dont need jeeps on it.

get..mallcrawlin.com on front..and eat shit on theback:D:D:D

Jeeperoni91
08-16-2008, 06:53 PM
i second maxx's idea

Spr-T-23
11-08-2008, 05:36 PM
i like the mall rated avatar djjordache has, it would look great on the back of a pocket t shirt, with a MC on the pocket on front

DJJordache
11-08-2008, 09:03 PM
i like the mall rated avatar djjordache has, it would look great on the back of a pocket t shirt, with a MC on the pocket on front
who is that guy? I hear he is AWESOME:D

Spr-T-23
11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
his avatar sure is

FortCollinsZJ
11-09-2008, 12:31 AM
I want a sweatshirt! Grey. T shirt is fine, but I think a hooded or hoodless sweatshirt would be way cooler.

My ideal shirt:

"Mall rated" badge on the back, mallcralin.com font on front. Maybe a :flipoff2: After the dot com, or centered on the chest under the lettering.

Is something like this useable?
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa231/NEILZJ/MALLCRAWL.jpg

BigD
11-09-2008, 10:42 AM
is that in a vector format (Corel Draw, or Adobe Illustrator). More Screen printers and embroidery shops prefer vector formats as it gives a much better edge and can be upsized and downsized without loss of quality.

my wife and I can help through our business if anyone is interested.

BigD
11-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Here I just quickly converted that jpg to a vector format and back to a jpg.

Here's the pic.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg40/team_zj/mall_crawlin_vector.jpg

FortCollinsZJ
11-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I like it! So where are the shirts!!!!

Spr-T-23
11-09-2008, 02:17 PM
cool everyone liked my idea then....they like me...they realy like me(tear)

Spr-T-23
11-09-2008, 02:18 PM
but the pic needs a spare tire on back and a roof rack front bumber, oh wait thats my truck

Gearsmith4
11-10-2008, 03:13 AM
The site's name needs to be put somewhere, either under it or around the edge so it gives the forum some publicity and the shirt some validity. Did the cafepress thing work out, or did that never really get off the ground?

BigD
11-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I believe the suggestion for this was to put the mall crawl on the back of a shirt, and mallcrawlin'.org on the front left breast.

:)

BigDaveZJ
11-10-2008, 11:20 AM
The CafePress quality was quite disappointing. I might revisit shirts in the spring or something.

dirty
11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Bump. Only to show my support for the idea of a T-shirt or Hoody. Jordaches' logo is money :bling:

I think two designs would be nice though, one with EAT SHIT on the back, and then a more family freindly one...for the kids :D.

JordanA
11-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I am bumping this as well, as I'd love to get a mallcrawlin t-shirt. I sold one of my Jeeps not two weeks ago, but I've still got one ZJ left!

I think the "Eat Shit" motto wouldn't go over too well...

fpkites
11-11-2008, 01:41 PM
What about drink bleach? :D

dirty
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I really like the idea of an offensive one, but I get that that may not be the most polital move. That said, whats gonna happen when a curious person logs in after seeing a t-shirt, and he or she is promptly greeted with Eat Shit?

I'm just saying...

mike007
11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
2 versions, and why not Mallcrawlin.com wrapped around the logo? Kinda cool, and you have it on the breast pocket as well. Version 2 should sat eat shit on it and for the dot on dot com it could be the eat shit guy :flipoff2:file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/flipoff2.gif

dp96zj
11-11-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm on board with the t-shirt idea. I could definitely rep a shirt that says "Eat Shit, Drink Bleach" around my high school :D

93ZeeJ
11-12-2008, 01:58 AM
heres a picture of the sticker thats on the side of my ZJ if that helps

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/clninja/MallRated002.jpg

Derek33
11-12-2008, 02:22 AM
I was bored so i designed what i think would be a nice shirt.

Fronts on the left, back of the shirts on the right.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/DMN0166/shirt.jpg

93ZeeJ
11-12-2008, 02:42 AM
i like it better with the Mallcrawlin.com on the top of the shirt

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/clninja/MALLCRAWLINSHIRTS-2.jpg

BigD
11-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Here's my idea.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg40/team_zj/t-shirt_idea_1.jpg

DJJordache
11-12-2008, 10:33 AM
heres a picture of the sticker thats on the side of my ZJ if that helps

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/clninja/MallRated002.jpg

I have that sticker too:D and one of us on here did the vector graphics on that logo, so if we like that version he has the picture files. I'll see if he will add his .02 to this discussion

BigDaveZJ
11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
I might revisit shirts in the spring or something.

;)

dirty
11-12-2008, 11:16 AM
My apologies to 93ZeeJ...I jacked yo' shit. Anyways, Here is the "dirty" :D version.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8694/mallcrawlinshirts2bq0.jpg

ddeadserious
11-12-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm the guy who designed and had those stickers printed up. If the logo was needed for a shirt, I could arrange getting it to you in high quality, Adobe Illustrator artwork.

Shirts would be cool, I'd sport one. I'm trying to get rid of my built XJ to get a mild ZJ, so I'll probably be spending alot more time over here before too long.

ddeadserious
01-08-2009, 12:45 AM
I'd be interested in getting one of these shirts. Did anything ever happen with this?

BigDaveZJ
01-08-2009, 12:47 AM
No shirts have been produced, and there are currently no plans to do so.