PDA

View Full Version : River Rock ORV - Milledgeville, GA

Jim311
07-20-2006, 11:01 PM
My club is going to be there in August on the 18-20. We'll be there Friday wheeling, as well as Saturday and possibly part of Sunday. It's a park that's only open when large groups have paid up. There a 500 dollar minimum regardless, so 10 rigs = 50 bucks, and any rig after that is 50 bucks. Since I figured some of you guys around here are in Georgia, I thought I'd open up the invitation to come wheel. Everyone in my club is relatively young and friendly... a great bunch of people. So if you're cool, and from Georgia or the area, feel free to come out and wheel. Bring 50 bucks and sign the waiver. I don't think there's a maximum on rigs, so the more the merrier. River Rock is just east of Macon. Here's a link to our club website with some details about the ride. Camping is free, and if you have an RV it's 20 bucks, which I'll pay for if you let me and my girlfriend crash in it with you :D

Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.gator4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2137

Hope to see some of you nukkas there.

Jim311
07-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Nobody even remotely interested?

northgazj
07-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Is your group going to ride anywhere else while you are up this way? River Rock is great, but kinda small IMO, most of the trails were short and there were only a couple of trails that I didn't ride due to my setup, but I became bored halfway through the day. Just wanted to give you a heads up, your experience there may be completely different.

Jim311
07-24-2006, 10:36 PM
How built is your rig? Mine is pretty mild but most in my group run under 35 inch tires. We're only going to be there and wheeling Friday and Saturday, probably heading home Sunday afternoon. We're just riding at River Rock.. not heading anywhere else or anything as far as I know.

ATL ZJ
07-25-2006, 12:14 AM
I'd love to come if it werent right when I need to head back up to school.. August is only going to have one trail run in it I'm afraid and that's GSSE.. Seems like yall always schedule a conflict with this one ;)

northgazj
07-25-2006, 09:19 AM
How built is your rig? Mine is pretty mild but most in my group run under 35 inch tires. We're only going to be there and wheeling Friday and Saturday, probably heading home Sunday afternoon. We're just riding at River Rock.. not heading anywhere else or anything as far as I know.

Almost the same as yours, 4.5 RE with 33" trxus MTs, LS rear, open front. The day I went it was cold and rained the entire day, so that may have added or taken away from the experience. Check out offcamber4wd.org to see pictures of past trips.

Jim311
07-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Almost the same as yours, 4.5 RE with 33" trxus MTs, LS rear, open front. The day I went it was cold and rained the entire day, so that may have added or taken away from the experience. Check out offcamber4wd.org to see pictures of past trips.

I've actually been to River Rock, but I haven't seen all of the trails and they've built some new stuff. Hopefully I can avoid body damage and breakage if I get lucky :smt041

Sorry you can't make it ATL ZJ.. can't say I blame you for heading to Tellico instead of River Rock ;)

ATL ZJ
07-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Sorry you can't make it ATL ZJ.. can't say I blame you for heading to Tellico instead of River Rock ;)

Well yeah but I've been to Tellico dozens of times and haven't made it down to river rock yet.. It's killing me too, word is that the trails are more than worth riding and the park ownership is super cool.

Jim311
07-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Well yeah but I've been to Tellico dozens of times and haven't made it down to river rock yet.. It's killing me too, word is that the trails are more than worth riding and the park ownership is super cool.

Yeah, I've met the owners. They're cool as hell. Maybe one day you'll get down there. The tough part is that it's not like a place you can just come and hang out with a couple buddies on the weekend. 500 dollar minimum means you have to get at least 10 rigs to really make it affordable.

BiggerZJ
08-12-2006, 01:13 AM
GUESS ILL SEE YOU THERE, we are just wraping up some projects like poison spyder bruiser chassis that we are building, 4-runner on rockwells and 44s, and a toyota on tons, coilovers and 44s. we are going to be there that same weekend so i doubt ill miss you since you will probably be the only other ZJ out there. i have not been talking to steve, one of the other guys thats going has been making plans with him, but like you said the more the better so get the cold beer ready and see ya there.

Jim311
08-17-2006, 05:15 PM
GUESS ILL SEE YOU THERE, we are just wraping up some projects like poison spyder bruiser chassis that we are building, 4-runner on rockwells and 44s, and a toyota on tons, coilovers and 44s. we are going to be there that same weekend so i doubt ill miss you since you will probably be the only other ZJ out there. i have not been talking to steve, one of the other guys thats going has been making plans with him, but like you said the more the better so get the cold beer ready and see ya there.

10-4 brother.. leaving tomorrow morning so we should be there around noon, maybe a little later. My rig is the only black Grand in the group.

BiggerZJ
08-22-2006, 09:27 PM
sorry i missed you, we didnt get there until 2:00AM on sunday, we uloaded and wheeled until sunup, probably pissing off what was left of your group. anyway just have to catch you next time

Jim311
08-22-2006, 10:18 PM
sorry i missed you, we didnt get there until 2:00AM on sunday, we uloaded and wheeled until sunup, probably pissing off what was left of your group. anyway just have to catch you next time

I stayed in a hotel and stayed up drinking most of Saturday night/Sunday morning.. didn't bother me any! I'm sure the other part of our group that was camping did the same!