PDA

View Full Version : Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats, 7/16/06

JohnBoulderCO
07-17-2006, 09:37 PM
On the spur of the moment, Jane wanted to drive a trail Sunday afternoon. Since these trails are only a stone’s throw from the house, we headed out. There was a lot of water on the trail and mud. Jane drove all of Middle St. Vrain, then let me drive Coney Flats. We stopped to take just one pic, then headed off to Estes Park (right by Rocky Mountain National Park) for a nice dinner by the stream.

Mtn WJ
07-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Sure John you pull out a sappy Colorado Columbine picture to post on your trip report just to keep Hunter and Rubio off your a$$.

Nice pic anyways..

Z
07-17-2006, 11:13 PM
I tried to take my brother on those trails in mid-June and they weren't open yet. I had hoped they weren't closed for good, so I'm really glad they're open this year. Good trails to take beginners on to show them what their vehicles can do.

So John, how's the job hunt going?

BigDaveZJ
07-18-2006, 10:38 AM
John,
How deep was the water? Pam's running that trail next Saturday as a part of the CO4x4 Ladies Run and she's a bit nervous about how deep the water is.

Also, has Jane seen that thread on CO4x4 about the ladies run? Looks like there will be 15 or so rigs.

JohnBoulderCO
07-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Dave, It wasn't that deep. Two years ago (or was that last year) with the big run offs, it was very deep in places. Most of the "stream" crossings, the water was about hub height or less. The spot to pay attention is the "lake" on Coney Flats. There are several big rocks under water, toward the lake exit (when running from MSV end, to CF start). Those rocks were not there last year. If you hit one of them, in a bad spot, it's gonna be trouble. I had to drive between a few of them, paying attention, as I exited the "lake".

Yes, I did see the ladies run next Weekend. We might try to make that, depends on schedule, of course.

Tom, it continues, but nothing yet.