PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross, Sunday July 9th?

JohnBoulderCO
06-29-2006, 12:20 AM
Anyone interested?
Edit: Changed to Sunday July 9th

Mtn WJ
06-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Holy Cross is on my to do list. I will keep that date in mind and probably go. Sure you dont want to do in on Sunday the 9th?

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Sunday would work better for us.

JohnBoulderCO
06-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Sunday would work. Just figured it's a long drive back. But if you guys want to make it Sunday, then let's do it. A guy posted on CO4x4 that he made it to Holy Cross city yesterday with no snow. With the HUGE group hitting it this weekend, it should be nice and clean the following weekend.

jsteves
06-29-2006, 10:10 AM
never been up, i think i am in

Z
06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Love to go, but I'm on call that weekend. How about the following weekend? Or an additional trip in August?

zjmike4
06-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, Sunday is a no go for me... I'd like to go later on. Also my dad's jeep club has an annual holy cross run in August. We're having two seperate groups and days to keep the numbers down. But there is camping, food, and a huge raffle with a couple thousand in prizes for about $20. I'll post more on that as the time comes

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Love to go, but I'm on call that weekend. How about the following weekend? Or an additional trip in August?

We'll probably make a 2nd run up there sometime in August too.

JohnBoulderCO
06-29-2006, 02:24 PM
A 2nd run in August should work. I'm set to go Sunday July 9th.

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Just put in my request to make sure that I actually get my normal day off so I can go on Sunday the 9th and left Pam a message to see i she's up for it too. My only concern is how far into the trail Pam would get on 31's. I've heard that French Creek has gotten easier, and that was my biggest point of concern for her. Anybody have any comments? I haven't been up there in almost 2 years.

JohnBoulderCO
06-29-2006, 03:57 PM
I heard there is an easier line through the creek, but I don't know that for sure. One suggestion: Go in just your rig, save some gas, take turns driving it.

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I heard there is an easier line through the creek, but I don't know that for sure. One suggestion: Go in just your rig, save some gas, take turns driving it.

That's kinda what I was thinking, but then I have to give up some seat time! Ooooh, I know, I could let Pam drive the 7 miles from hell in and out on that dirt road with the worst washboards I've ever seen!

JohnBoulderCO
06-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Dave, that sounds fair. :D

Mtn WJ
06-29-2006, 06:54 PM
So what time of day does Pam log in here? I would like to be on standby at that time to view her response.

zjmike4
06-29-2006, 08:33 PM
I think french creek has gotten harder. There used to be a boulder on the left at the end that fell into the stream and now you have to go around it if you have 33'' or less. makes a tougher line.

Bustin' Loose
06-29-2006, 10:30 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking, but then I have to give up some seat time! Ooooh, I know, I could let Pam drive the 7 miles from hell in and out on that dirt road with the worst washboards I've ever seen!

:axe: :smt018

Matt
06-30-2006, 08:22 AM
I think I won't be able to make this one, the list is just to long.

On another note, does anything think Red Cone will be open this weekend?

Matt

JohnBoulderCO
07-04-2006, 09:33 AM
What time are you guys thinking?

BigDaveZJ
07-04-2006, 02:55 PM
I was thinking meet at 70 and Morrison at 7:30 maybe? Maybe earlier, later?? I dunno. I don't have to work the next day, so if we get home at 3AM it's not a HUGE deal to me, but I know to everybody else it would be.

Bustin' Loose
07-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I was thinking meet at 70 and Morrison at 7:30 maybe? Maybe earlier, later?? I dunno. I don't have to work the next day, so if we get home at 3AM it's not a HUGE deal to me, but I know to everybody else it would be.

:smt075

And for those of us due at 7:30 the next morning, it would be hell! I say the earlier the better. Just in case. Besides, I don't think Dave really wants to deal with a wife that has turned into :smt074

JohnBoulderCO
07-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Two for early. I don't care, early works for me too.

What ever time Keith says, subtrack one hour. :)

BigDaveZJ
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Two for early. I don't care, early works for me too.

What ever time Keith says, subtrack one hour. :)

You mean add an hour??????

JohnBoulderCO
07-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Keith needs to subtrack the hour, to make it on time.:D Maybe I type too fast.

BigDaveZJ
07-06-2006, 12:14 AM
We MIGHT be out. Crawled under the ZJ tonight after seeing a mysterious fluid leak and noticed significant amounts of play in the front diff yoke.

Mtn WJ
07-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Bummer. Good luck with that. Is there something I can say to help.

Yea I suppose I deserve the late comments but you guys try getting three kids up and out the door by your self during summer vacation. Making sure they all have their jackets, food, water, snacks, gas etc. I know waaa

JohnBoulderCO
07-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Sorry Keith. I know rounding them up in the morning must take some work.

Dave, I hope you can get it fixed in time or take Pam's and we can get you two through the creek if needed.

Anyone else still planning on going?

RMeak
07-06-2006, 07:55 AM
I or we just moved back to Colorado and live in the Leadville area, and would love to join you guys if you are still planning on going. It has been a few weeks since I was up there but the snow should be melted by now. Bob

dads5.9
07-06-2006, 09:38 AM
John,

Justin and I are still planning to go. Justin's Jeep is back in the tranny shop, thery are replacing the t-case case because they thinnk that it might be cracked and causing the loss of fluid. I've still got to look at my driveline vibration as well. We should have an update tomorrow.

V

Mtn WJ
07-06-2006, 05:08 PM
We will not be going. It turns out my Wife and sister in law planned a trip to Steamboat for the balloon festival this weekend.

BigDaveZJ
07-06-2006, 05:15 PM
We will not be going. It turns out my Wife and sister in law planned a trip to Steamboat for the Rainbow Family gathering this weekend.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:flipoff2:

Mtn WJ
07-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Dave you are a dog, funny but still a dog.

JohnBoulderCO
07-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, I'm still going. I will be spending the night at Glenwood Springs Saturday night. If anyone wants to meet me at the trail head Sunday morning, PM me with their cell phone number, so we can set up a meeting time.

Dave/Pam, are you still on for Sunday?

Colorado 5.9
07-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Maybe we should just reschedule it for the next weekend? With Daves pinion, my power steering pump iffy & now Keith.

BigDaveZJ
07-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Dave/Pam, are you still on for Sunday?

We're still a definite maybe. I'm going to see if tightening the pinion nut eliminates some of the play in my front driveshaft. If it does, we're in, if it doesn't we're probably gonna skip this one.

JohnBoulderCO
07-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Dave, let me know. I'm gonna run it Saturday if you guys can't make it.

Z
07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Maybe we should just reschedule it for the next weekend? With Daves pinion, my power steering pump iffy & now Keith.
I'd be able to go if you scheduled it for the next weekend (15/16). I have damned on-call for all of July except that weekend.

BigDaveZJ
07-07-2006, 12:03 AM
I'll know tomorrow night and let you know John.

JohnBoulderCO
07-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Lots of Jeep issues.

Dave's pinion, I saw you are also looking for an entire axle on CO4x4, so this might not be a quick fix. I just talked to Vern and Justin is rebuilding his stuff, so him and Vern might be iffy. Then there is Scott, steering issues again. Keith and his rainbow family meeting in Steamboat. Tom would like to go next weekend.....

I'm leaving tomorrow morning and I don't want to run this trail solo, I'm sure there will be others on the trail, but you know what I mean.

Hold off until next weekend?

Edit: Next weekend work for everyone?

BigDaveZJ
07-07-2006, 10:23 AM
I don't know if next weekend works yet for me or not, boss hasn't done the schedule that far in advance. I'm SUPPOSED to have Sundays off, but he said he may need me to work a Sunday here and there.

grandwheeler
07-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I vote on next weekend, I would love to be able to come up with you guys and next weekend is looking way more promising :smt023

-Ryan

K2
07-07-2006, 10:11 PM
If anyone has room for one I might like to ride along. My ZJ wont make it, but I can take pics and spot.

K2

Colorado 5.9
07-07-2006, 10:18 PM
The only thing about going on the 16th is that I forgot about this. http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=68802

BigDaveZJ
07-07-2006, 10:35 PM
x2 on that for the 16th Scott. And then the 23rd is Truck Fest.

Pam and I are definitely out. No more play in the driveshaft after tightening the pinion nut, but I can't get my lower trackbar bolt to tighten. The bolt turns, the nut stays still, but it doesn't get any tighter. Won't loosen either. May have to cut/drill this bitch out. And no time for that between now and Sunday.

Bustin' Loose
07-07-2006, 11:59 PM
And then the 23rd is Truck Fest.

AND MY FREAKIN BIRTHDAY!!!!

BigDaveZJ
07-08-2006, 12:03 AM
If anyone has room for one I might like to ride along. My ZJ wont make it, but I can take pics and spot.

K2

When we do go, and if Pam takes her ZJ, you're more than welcome to ride bitch in my Jeep!

Z
07-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Scheduling is just a bitch, isn't it?

Sounds like we're in to August. Since I don't have on-call in August, just pick a date and I'll be there.

RMeak
07-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Well if anyone is still interested in running holy ccroos tomarrow PM me if the do not want to do this alone, I am more that happy to team up with anyone, as long as you guys don't mind that I drive a TJ:) Holy Cross is about a 30 minute drive to the trail head for me. Bob

JohnBoulderCO
07-10-2006, 12:16 PM
We biked the Glenwood Canyon bike trail (33miles round trip). Hiked Hanging Lake (see pic) and a few other trails. Have to do Holy Cross soon!

dads5.9
07-11-2006, 12:56 AM
John,

When do you want to do it? I found the source of vibrations on my Jeep and I'll have a new front driveshaft tomorow (bent tube and bad centering joint). Justin's should be back from the tranny shop this week as well.

We're definately up for Holy Cross...

V

JohnBoulderCO
07-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Vern, Lots of rain on Holy Cross Sunday, so maybe it was best that it didn't work out. I can't go this weekend. I might be able to the following weekend or August if that works out better for others. But, if we wait until August for HC we need to find some trails between now and then. What else is on your summer to-run-list? John

Yes, I did take that pic of Hanging Lake. I had to tweak the res down to get it to load on MC's server.

dads5.9
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Justin and I are also looking at Iron Chest as one of the must do trails this summer. We're pretty much up for anything...

It looks like the Jeeps are back in business.

JohnBoulderCO
07-11-2006, 11:31 PM
I've never done Iron Chest. Need to put that on the summer list! Glad you got the Jeeps working. What was the verdict on the T-case?

dads5.9
07-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Justin said that they found that there was a plug missing from the inside of the input shaft that allowed fluid to go from the transmission and eventually overflow the t-case. I looked at the factory service manual tonight and couldn't find anything about such a plug. The big test will come in the next few days of driving.

What else is on your list of trails to do?

jsteves
07-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Carnage Boulder, OCG, Spring Creek....Billings and 21 Road if I can get motivated for the drive.

JohnBoulderCO
07-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Carnage Boulder is a tough one, done that many times and it's about 20min from my house!

grandwheeler
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Looks like pretty much everyone has backed out of Holy Cross this weeked. Cant blame 'em I bet the stream will be almost like a river with all the rain this past week.

Well Im still planning on heading up there with some friend from the springs. If anyone here is interested send me a PM. Also we are camping there Saturday night as to get a earlly jump on the trail as I think it will be a popular one this weekend.

-Ryan

jsteves
07-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Carnage Boulder is a tough one, done that many times and it's about 20min from my house!

we should hit that on a weekday sometime, less shooters and wheelers.

Well Im still planning on heading up there with some friend from the springs. If anyone here is interested send me a PM. Also we are camping there Saturday night as to get a earlly jump on the trail as I think it will be a popular one this weekend.!

We may still be up for it...just depends on if the rest of the group is going another time.

JohnBoulderCO
07-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes, a weekday on Carnage would be perfect. Pick a day next week (Tues, Wed or Thurs would be best) and we can do it.

I would like to run HC in August when others can make it.