PDA

View Full Version : We're Home

SLO MO
06-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Got home Wednesday night about 8 p.m. 2900 miles roundtrip. I think my 39" IROKS are now about 38" though.
Still have the noise in the driveline. After all the driving to get home it was pretty loud. We managed to do 60-65mph most of the way but by the time we got home it was starting to be noisy even under acceleration. Going to look at some things today or tommorrow.

It was great to meet everyone I only wished I could have spent more time talking to everyone instead of laying under my Heep in the parking lot.

Big thanks to Hunter for pulling my broke ass outta the last 1/4 of Golden Spike. As I'm sure everyone knows I blew up my rear driveshaft on Double Whammy. Not sure exactly what I did wrong but I'm sure those in the know can fill me in. I did get a little bounce happening and boom.

We talked it over on the way home and think we will try to come out again next year. Hopefully with a tow rig though. However, the big WJ handled the drive quite nicely.

Hopefully have some pictures to put up soon too.

Brett

Texas ZJ1
06-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Brett,

I still can't believe you talked the wife into that trip for a honeymoon. That must have been some pretty smooth talking.

I look forward to wheeling with you again next year.

Hunter

Snowman
06-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Brett,

I still can't believe you talked the wife into that trip for a honeymoon. That must have been some pretty smooth talking.

I look forward to wheeling with you again next year.

Hunter

Glad you made it home. Next year will be better; you just hit a low point.

Hunter, what did you expect? Of course Brett would have a cool wife

Snowman

Colorado 5.9
06-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Good to hear you guys made it home OK Brett.

Texas ZJ1
06-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Don't make Brett squash you!

Hunter

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
06-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Did you ever get your cooling issues taken care of?

JohnBoulderCO
06-18-2006, 10:50 PM
I blew up my rear driveshaft on Double Whammy. Not sure exactly what I did wrong but I'm sure those in the know can fill me in. Brett

Single u-joint at each end instead of the drive shaft instead of a Double Cardon at the T-case. That limits the amount of droop you can have before binding. Tom Wood said the new one he was going to make you would have a Double Cardon at the T-case.

Glad you got home with out anymore issues. Looking forward to seeing you next year!

Halfdoc
06-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Glad to hear you made it home safe. It was nice to met you and the new wife. Sorry you didn't get more trail time, I wish I had the time to take you both out on Sunday. As it was, those first couple days back to work were a bit painful.

I look forward to seeing you both next year.

It was great to meet everyone I only wished I could have spent more time talking to everyone instead of laying under my Heep in the parking lot.

Brett

I thint most people do their talking laying under their junk in the parking lot at Grand Slams. Seems to me we should all bring creapers along and make it more comfortable.

David.

Colorado 5.9
06-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Brett, I don't know if your a fan or not but sorry about the Oilers. They got robbed!!!!

zj-monster
06-19-2006, 11:29 PM
sorry about the Oilers. They got robbed!!!!
That's funny, I recall when the Oilers robbed the Hurricanes of a Silver Dollar they had placed under the ice.

Mtn WJ
06-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Brett

It was nice meeting you in Moab. Glad you made it out to GSW. Good to hear you guys made it home ok.

Take Care
Keith

SLO MO
06-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Scott, the Oilers choked. They didn't even show up until the third and then it was too late. Suzanne was outside in the yard and could hear me swearing at the TV all third period :D.

Keith, it was nice meeting you too and we're already planning to come down again next year. I've got some parts here with your name on them too:). Any news on your car yet? Major bummer. I have to take my T-case out this weekend, something inside is not right, that tinging sound is coming from the t-case:(.
May be bringing another WJ with us next year if his wife lets him as they'll have about a 4 month old baby by then.

Colorado 5.9
06-20-2006, 02:27 AM
I was refering more about the goal that they got that no one seemed to see but the cameras. If they'ed been given that maybe the game would have turned out diff. It would have been tied then at least.

rrubio
06-20-2006, 02:31 AM
Kim and I enjoyed meeting you and Suzanne Brett.
Ramon

SLO MO
06-20-2006, 12:51 PM
I was refering more about the goal that they got that no one seemed to see but the cameras. If they'ed been given that maybe the game would have turned out diff. It would have been tied then at least.
I missed the first 2 periods. I was trying to clean up my disaster of a garage. Might have been a different game then, hmm.

SLO MO
06-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Kim and I enjoyed meeting you and Suzanne Brett.
Ramon
Same here. Hope to see everyone again next year.
Got that new skid plate on yet? That was a great trade!
Brett

rrubio
06-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Same here. Hope to see everyone again next year.
Got that new skid plate on yet? That was a great trade!
Brett
Yup put that skidplate on yesterday.That sucker is a freaking monster compared to the stocker.I thought it was a good trade also.I was hoping someone with a ZJ would win that skidplate so I can trade them.Thanks Chris for the trade.

wheelnzj
06-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Brett & Suzanne-

Sweet Jeep!
Glad to here that you guy's made it home OK. Thanks for making the long drive. Hope to wheel with you next year at GSW 2007!

Take care,
Ron

Texas ZJ1
06-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Next year's drive from College Station, TX to Moab, UT.
Total Est. Time: 19 hours, 8 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1181.72 miles

I guess I'll have to take two days to get there.:mad:

My 10 yr wants to come next time.

Hunter

Snowman
06-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Next year's drive from College Station, TX to Moab, UT.
Total Est. Time: 19 hours, 8 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1181.72 miles

I guess I'll have to take two days to get there.:mad:

My 10 yr wants to come next time.

Hunter
So you are not bringing the wife?

Snowman

Texas ZJ1
06-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Nope.

Hunter