PDA

View Full Version : Utah State Patrol

Texas ZJ1
06-14-2006, 11:48 AM
I was pulled over just getting on the interstate Sunday morning. His reasoning was that my license plate wasn't visible around the MTs on the hitch haul. Of course, when I volunteered to move it up higher, he said, "no, but I have to give you something," so he gave me his card?

I must have seen 10 other vehicles on the road that day, no plates visible.

Hunter

zjmike4
06-14-2006, 11:49 AM
He likes you... heard you were in the Navy I guess.

JeepinHank
06-14-2006, 12:01 PM
So did he ticket you or not? Sounds like the card might have been a "get out of jail free" card. ie if you got pulled over again, just give the officer the other dude's card and tell him he had already told you about it and just said drive safely.

Better than a ticket.

Texas ZJ1
06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Mike,

You had me at hello.

Hunter

Snowman
06-14-2006, 12:54 PM
On the way to Moab I got a certificate for Meritorious Driving :eek: because I was fighting with the CD player and passed at Utah Highway Patrol at 87 mph in a 75 zone. He liked my rig and so that I would not get it on my record and raise insurance he wrote me up for 5 mph over the limit.

Texas ZJ1
06-14-2006, 12:58 PM
That story is as good as your dating advice to Puma.

Hunter

PassRunnerZJ
06-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I was pulled over just getting on the interstate Sunday morning. His reasoning was that my license plate wasn't visible around the MTs on the hitch haul. Of course, when I volunteered to move it up higher, he said, "no, but I have to give you something," so he gave me his card?

I must have seen 10 other vehicles on the road that day, no plates visible.

Hunter

Yea, the Corvette owners/drivers in CO get to run their cars without front plates, but I get pulled over for not having mine on when dealing with an air flow issue on my Subaru in the mountains, you can never tell. Of course he didn't nick me for being too close to a car that pulled out in front of me and didn't accelerate fast enough, so I took the warning, put my plate on ASAP and went on about my business. Earlier that year I got nicked for 86 in a 65 while I was in the right lane passing slower traffic in the left lane on my motorcycle...:smt018 Something about sportbikes and CSP. Oh, and drive safe and have a good day.

Texas ZJ1
06-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Little update, it was the Colorado State Patrol.

Hunter